Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Randomly closes to windows

EddyneblebEddynebleb Registered Users Posts: 8
Recently bought all 3 wh games... after playing the 3rd ive jumed into the 2nd for mortal empire. However its constantly closing to Windows randomly. Is this common? Ive switched to dx11 no help.... cleard download cache seemed to help However i was online just auto res battles. Normally happened after fighting a battle.... im running everything on ultra
Ryzen 7 5800 laptop
Rtx 3070
16 gb ram
1tb nvme ssd (wh2 install is on external ssd)

Comments

• TruedeepTruedeep Registered Users Posts: 2
    Hello,

I have started having similar issues with a new PC build (no issues on previous build). I have found that if I disable my XMP and run stock RAM settings from the BIOS I don't get crash to windows.

I'm running a Ryzen 5 5600x, RTX3070 (MSI LHR), 32GB (4x8) 3600MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB, 1TB NVMe (Samsung Evo).

I had my last PC with XMP enabled and same RAM manufacturer, but was only 3200MHZ and only 16GB. It was also a Ryzen 5 2700.

I'm still looking for fixes that allow me to run XMP with 3600MHZ enabled without crash to windows.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file