Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Unit responsiveness is way better

BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 5,216
Soldiers move, engage, and react just like they did in Warhammer 2. Feels a lot smoother.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.

Comments

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 9,720
    Bonutz said:

Soldiers move, engage, and react just like they did in Warhammer 2. Feels a lot smoother.

Ah so regressive code has been removed and we are getting closer to the expected baseline?
    Glory matters not.

• Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 4,709
    Baseline.
    Nice.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 9,720

Baseline.
    Nice.

Yes, nothing in Game 3 should actually have ended up worse than Game 2, the prior baseline.
    Glory matters not.

• LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,548
    Surge_2 said:

Baseline.
    Nice.

Yes, nothing in Game 3 should actually have ended up worse than Game 2, the prior baseline.
    Yup,
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 1,803
    edited May 17
    Yeap Basiclly what Surge_2 said... we are back from -10 to 0 (baseline) when it comes to unit responsiveness atleast... Oh well it's a step foward...

But the road is long ! There are more steps to be taken !
    (random example from my campaign that I'm playing at the moment below)
    - A generic trait is more powerful than a khorne special trait :smiley:

On that note auto-resove is still broken

Don't get me wrong - this is a step foward things are getting better - It's just sad that we are celebrating that something is now working as it should ! (it should have worked at launch!!!)
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • DragonbroodlingsDragonbroodlings Registered Users Posts: 304
    Good to hear! This has been the biggest issue for me along with the bad optimization for high end PCs. Now I can hopefully enjoy playing the game. Nothing is more frustrating than dropped orders in the real time tactics mode.
  • SneedGamingSneedGaming Registered Users Posts: 281
    Well that's good to hear. Sounds like this early access product is coming together well for its full release in August/September.
  • DragonbroodlingsDragonbroodlings Registered Users Posts: 304

Well that's good to hear. Sounds like this early access product is coming together well for its full release in August/September.

It would have been better to just have the DLC team make the game. I'm finally feeling a bit more optimistic about playing my over priced, falsely advertised, train wreck of a game.
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 2,213
    edited May 18

It would have been better to just have the DLC team make the game. I'm finally feeling a bit more optimistic about playing my over priced, falsely advertised, train wreck of a game.
    The game would of came out in 2100 if the DLC team made it
  • MatSTMatST Registered Users Posts: 61

The game would of came out in 2100 if the DLC team made it
    And everything would be overpowered.

(Not hating because I like the ideas, but every balance change that came out lately from the DLC team was too OP, it made every campaing boring-er, at least for me.)
  • MatSTMatST Registered Users Posts: 61
    1v0 said:

- A generic trait is more powerful than a khorne special trait :smiley:

I'm not trying to plug anything, but this thing bugged me so much that I made a small mod to try and rebalance it: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2790645013
    If you use mods, you may try it and see if it helps you out. If you don't like the balance of this one, there are other similar ones, like this https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2790195440 and this https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2790490527
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 14,519
    Responsiveness is good but I've had some issues with the click and drag orders, it's very choppy.