Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Attribute errors when viewing enemy units (on the map and in the unit & spell browser)

Kennyannydenny#4548Kennyannydenny#4548 The NetherlandsRegistered Users Posts: 211
It seems there's a weird bug going on with the unit & spell browser. The shown attributes of a unit depends on what faction you're currerently playing and watching the unit & spell browser with.

To explain, an example.

Jade Warriors have resilience, called "Dragon Emperor's Wrath".

But if you'd start a campaign as the Legion of Chaos (Daemons of Chaos), and then click the unit & spell browser, and hover over Resilience for the Jade Warrirors it says they have resilience for Chaos Wastes, Chaos corruption and Snow.

This happens for all Grand Cathay infantry, melee and ranged:

This isn't limited to Grand Cathay either, it happens with Ogre Kingdoms (and probably other factions) too:

The bug is, in my opinion (I'm not 100% sure though, and maybe it shows for all factions incorrectly in the U&S browser), that the unit & spell browser shows some of the stats based upon what faction you're currently playing. The Legion of Chaos has this resiliance (Chaos Wastes, snow etc) for it's units, and it seems to reflect that in the unit browser, depecting it also for races that actually don't have those attributes.

Whatever the cause is, several attributes, including the resilience show incorrectly.

EDIT
Renamed the thread to better cover the error (see my comment below too)
Post edited by CA_Luna on

Comments

• Kennyannydenny#4548Kennyannydenny#4548 The NetherlandsRegistered Users Posts: 211
    It's not just in the Unit & Spell browser. This bug seems to also exist when looking at units in enemy armies. For example:

Here I'm playing Tzeentch. My units have attrition resilience to chaos wastes, snow and Chaos corruption.

But somehow it also says that for Jade Warriors (Halberds) in Miao's army, and for the Powder-Guts in Greasus' army. Neither actually has that resilience but it shows Tzeentch's values there instead of actual Ogre or Cathay values.

• Kennyannydenny#4548Kennyannydenny#4548 The NetherlandsRegistered Users Posts: 211
    Any and all input from the devs would be appreciated as it's quite a confusing bug for me personally, I don't have the same in-depth knowledge as they do.
    This is still in 1.3 by the way, still no idea what causes it, the devs probably know better. I've also tested it the other way around and when looking at the Powder-Guts in the unit & spell browser when playing Cathay it suddenly claims they're immune to Dragon Emperor's Wrath:

This is still in 2.1 and can be seen both in The Realm of Chaos and Immortal Empires.

Steps to reproduce:
    1) started a Warriors of Chaos campaign
    2) Launched Immortal Empires
    3) Open Unit & Spellbrowser
    4) Look at Grand Cathay, Peasant Long Spearmen, and then the resilliance attribute
    5) it shows all attrition immunities Archeon's faction has, instead of the actual Grand Cathay resilience.

FYI: this is also in the latest patch unfortunately.
    This is unfortunately also in patch 2.2.

1) I just loaded up an Legion of Chaos playthrough (a created a new one)
    2) opened the unit and spell browser
    3) Went to the Grand Cathay tab
    4) click any of the melee units, for example Peasant Long Spearmen
    5) check their resiliance ability, and it'll say Grand Cathay is immune to Chaos and Snow attrition

It probably says that because you're watching the unit & spell browser from within a chaos faction campaign, but it should state the correct resilliances there.
    This is still in 2.3.0 and needs fixing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file