Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Highest Ever Kill rate?

MonkmanMonkman Junior MemberPosts: 18Registered Users
Just out of interest, what's the highest amount of kills you've ever had with one unit in a single match?

Mine was 438 with Matchlock Samurai during a defensive siege
Post edited by Monkman on
"My Imagination is a Monastery and I am its Monk."

"The Acts of this Life are the Destiny of the Next"

Comments

• SecuterSecuter Senior Member Posts: 1,693Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    400-500 not quite sure. with a katana samurai during a normal battle vs a dude with very many units
    Make a Medieval 3!
    More units.
    More interested in European history.
    Different cultures.
    More factions.
    Not that many gun powder troops, it's not a new Empire I want.
  • Chris lolChris lol Senior Member Posts: 1,436Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    Weve had this thread before but ok, lets go

Matchlock sam 784 kills:
    pewpewb.jpg

Vanilla nagi monk cav 483 kills:
    herpaderpas.jpg

Monk cav 469 kills:
    herpaderpa2.jpg

Matchlock monk 582 kills no losses:
    lal.jpg

Bow monks 475 kills no losses:
    herpaderpa3.jpg

All of these were on large unit size land battles.
    Also: screenshots or it did not happen! :D
  • TheDuffmanTheDuffman Senior Member Posts: 369Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    You would need to specify unit sizes in this.
    Interesting Signature.

If you disagree with the above comment, your lying, because your still reading.
    edited January 2012
    Matchlocks samurai 784 kills = veteran farming... Unless you are playing ultra sizes vs a loan spammer that mainly would let you shoot him to pieces..
    Make a Medieval 3!
    More units.
    Different cultures.
    More factions.
    edited January 2012
    Secuter wrote: »
    Matchlocks samurai 784 kills = veteran farming... Unless you are playing ultra sizes vs a loan spammer that mainly would let you shoot him to pieces..

It says deployed 90, so you can already tell it is not on ultra. They took 19 losses during the battle. It was a real battle, not vet farfming. Screenshot was taken a couple of months ago before all the matchlock nerf. When rapid volley + inspire was brokenly OP, and you could shoot through your own ranks.

I was one of the 1st to do the spear wall with matchlock behind them thing, and people didnt know how to handle it back then. Good old times :D

EDIT: the old thread http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/18625-what-s-your-highest-unit-kills-using-a-single-unit
  • BeardyMcJohnFaceBeardyMcJohnFace Senior Member Posts: 130Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    katana samurai got 600+ kills on defensive siege once, large unit size, don't know why they stormed with ashigaru, om nom nom.
  • KatsumotoGKKatsumotoGK Senior Member Posts: 692Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    470 with great guards a while back in match made and i posted screen shot on forums at that time
  • TheDukeTheDuke Banned Posts: 365Banned Users
    edited January 2012
    1 kill with a nagi attendant. theyve seen much worse than hell...
  • (Darkelf) Temper(Darkelf) Temper Senior Member Posts: 541Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    Hi all !

CHris said screenshots or it didn't happen ! :(

Dosn't matter really tho I don't have any replays of the loansword era because I delete replays after a patch and with the current patch I don't bother saving replays at all (always broken).

Anyway without screenshots for numbers my biggest killers back then were Fire Bomb Throwers (reload/extended range) and Matchlock Sams (no upgrades).

And here is why.....

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596946617993136623/0DA2EB4FA1DA3C3AEB73223391253F01CE4D67BE/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596946617993133557/471FFFD4577CB78633C3C2DC2CC31F65CAE3072A/

This was MM and the guy actually dropped connection right here and also dropped connection in two later matchups which played out in the exact same manner on different maps.

lol loanspammers were fun

Temper
  • pigspigs76pigspigs76 Senior Member Posts: 189Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    800 and 900 with Mounted Gunners but that unit should't really factor into this discussion cause its hella cheap

anyways...

Nina.jpg
  • TheImperatorofRomeTheImperatorofRome Senior Member Posts: 556Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    about 750 kills with Bow Warrior Monk unit in online battle. my unit lost only 2 or 3 men. i captured a bow shrine thing and squared around it and fired from behind my lines. my monk was a level 2 at the beginning, at the end was like level 4or 5. quite crazy
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 12,129Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    For a single unit? I vaguely remember something around 836 or so kills one time. Most likely a general but maybe it was some light cavalry unit, and it was definitely a siege battle against an AI army with a captain, so it was all rout kills. One of those funnel-into-choke-point-then-rout-then-chase-down strategies. Wasn't deliberate, it's just normal tactic. I never thought any of it nor took a pic since I assumed it was just slightly remarkable, until I came across this thread.

And then I just realized this is multiplayer, not SP :(
    How to install Steam games without downloading
    How to post DXDiag: Windows+R key, type "dxdiag" in the input box. Select Save All Information, and attach as [/code]
    in your post. Ork grenadier: Which partz ya throws again??[/SIZE][code] in your post.
    Ork grenadier: Which partz ya throws again??
    edited January 2012
    Chris lol wrote: »
    It says deployed 90, so you can already tell it is not on ultra. They took 19 losses during the battle. It was a real battle, not vet farfming. Screenshot was taken a couple of months ago before all the matchlock nerf. When rapid volley + inspire was brokenly OP, and you could shoot through your own ranks.

I was one of the 1st to do the spear wall with matchlock behind them thing, and people didnt know how to handle it back then. Good old times :D

EDIT: the old thread http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/18625-what-s-your-highest-unit-kills-using-a-single-unit

What you are basically saying is that you were/are Noob. Using cheap tactics and exploited a broken game... well done dude.. "clap clap"
    I'm at least glad you reckoned that it was OP. But you still took advantage of it.
    Make a Medieval 3!
    More units.
    Different cultures.
    More factions.
    edited January 2012
    How is that being a noob? Do you even know what being a noob means? Being a noob means you dont know what you are doing. It seems i knew pretty well what i was doing, as it worked quite good.

So you want to QQ that i used spears walls + guns to counter loan sword spams when the game was just a few weeks old? You do realize these were the times people would bring fire rockets, and fire rockets were 600 koku (and would one shot your gen). Yet im the exploiter for bringing a matchlock, not the other guy for firerockets + LS spam.

Dumbest post i have seen in a long time right there.
  • RATTUE1RATTUE1 Senior Member Posts: 122Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    ok i know this isnt a unit and is off topic but this was amazing - has anyone had a better k/d ratio outside of vet training ?

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594707594758092686/B11531698D583B00EDA226DD460BC473C97299BF/
  • BydloBydlo Senior Member Posts: 108Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    image.png
    In the battle with yari samurai spammer my spears were longer.
  • spicykoreanspicykorean Senior Member Posts: 1,632Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    I really like Long Yari Ashigaru.
  • andferpaandferpa Senior Member Posts: 2,520Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    ****, rattue, those are nice kills, I personally have never had anything like that.

at most it was 200 losses for 1300 kills.
    Andokides
    All war is based on deception.
    Sun Tzu
    If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
    Sun Tzu
    A leader is a dealer in hope.
    Napoleon Bonaparte
    Heaven cannot brook two suns, nor earth two masters.
    Alexander the Great
    All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.
    William Shakespeare.
  • spicykoreanspicykorean Senior Member Posts: 1,632Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    edited January 2012
    edited January 2012
    Get screens of real battles and not chasing down routing units on 5k.

14k battles against 10 stars....
    edited January 2012
    Chris lol wrote: »
    How is that being a noob? Do you even know what being a noob means? Being a noob means you dont know what you are doing. It seems i knew pretty well what i was doing, as it worked quite good.

So you want to QQ that i used spears walls + guns to counter loan sword spams when the game was just a few weeks old? You do realize these were the times people would bring fire rockets, and fire rockets were 600 koku (and would one shot your gen). Yet im the exploiter for bringing a matchlock, not the other guy for firerockets + LS spam.

Dumbest post i have seen in a long time right there.

What you trying to, is to justify the exploiting?
    Anyways I didn't (luckily) play much mp in the beginning. Though experienced all the spams I guess.. even the sniping arty and what not.

Some time ago I played vs guy who though that his arty still could hit something (mangonels) He was ofc terrible wrong ;) Not to mention that he had no bows, but all matchlocks. That would be 6 matchies in total... Luckily I had my bulletproof samies with me just for fun.. first time they've ever done their duty xP
    Make a Medieval 3!
    More units.
    Different cultures.
    More factions.
  • Hidden GunmanHidden Gunman Moderator Posts: 4,606Moderators
    edited January 2012
    583 with a level 9 kat sam.

527 with a level 9 kat cav.

Both scored in actual fighting, not running down routers....and that was about 4 or 5 weeks ago, so it's not during the hayday of the sam units.
    Yes, it's me.

Gungho |Takeda| Yamagato Masakage

You have spoken with clarity of thought and rhetorical flourish...you have surely earned the favour of the mods.

If you didn't, click here...
  • StrakerYriusStrakerYrius Senior Member Posts: 249Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    RATTUE1 wrote: »
    ok i know this isnt a unit and is off topic but this was amazing - has anyone had a better k/d ratio outside of vet training ?

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594707594758092686/B11531698D583B00EDA226DD460BC473C97299BF/

How on earth did he get such a high kill ratio as that? Was his opponent AFK or something? Do you have a replay on the channel?

Love the channel BTW - great format and irreverent commentary. Great stuff.
  • DecemberDecember Senior Member Posts: 137Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    This makes me sad, I've never broken 400 =(
  • AMPAMP Senior Member Posts: 1,225Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    OMG Chris you're such a noob and an exploiter! You should've tuned off fire at will on those matchlocks because it's like totally an exploit if you don't when they are behind your lines!
    edited January 2012
    AMP wrote: »
    OMG Chris you're such a noob and an exploiter! You should've tuned off fire at will on those matchlocks because it's like totally an exploit if you don't when they are behind your lines!

I would like to offer my sincere apologies to the TW community; i did not realise using fire at will was exploiting the game. After seeing the error of my ways, I have uninstalled my copy of shogun 2 and will live the rest of my days in exile.

Sincerely,
    Chris lol
  • AMPAMP Senior Member Posts: 1,225Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    I keep forgetting to turn it off on my matchlocks, so I guess I need to stop picking them with my builds. :/

Since you meant to do it, yeah you must quit TW now, you're an evil person.
  • (Darkelf) Temper(Darkelf) Temper Senior Member Posts: 541Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    Hi peeps !

Well,with AMP having such poor micro,it's understandable and forgivable.

But someone with the skill and knowledge of a god like chris,should know better than to bring units that could win him the game.

And for the poor mediocrity like me who think the word micro has something to do with beach attire,well we are just plain lost to the cause.

Temper
    edited January 2012
    Do not feed trolls @ amp