Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Please an official Redesign of the Coatl

Ge32Ge32 Registered Users Posts: 110

I request please an official re-design for the Coatl. It really is embarrassing to carry a bird-like figure among a regiment of dinosaurs and lizards, taking the Lore of the Lizardmen into the trash.

The Coatl must be a serpent with wings, nothing more.

Please an official in-game redesign.
Tagged:

Comments

• Lunaticprince#9972Lunaticprince#9972 Registered Users Posts: 6,837
    this discussion was already be done one year ago and doubt that have any prioty in ca list

I even would go so far even absolute last dlc and update for the trilogy the coatle stay as he his

• mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 11,217
    You proceed to show a model that isn't even a GW official one while the Coatl in game is based on an actual official model.

Besides, this conversation took place when the DLC came out and it's not going to change now.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • Red_Dox#2328Red_Dox#2328 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,455
    After zero changes to the despicable Stone Trolls, yeah, would not expect they roll the red carpet out for a Coatl change.

-----Red Dox
  • MalalTheRenegade#5644MalalTheRenegade#5644 Registered Users Posts: 888
    I'm fine with its head. Its animations are in a dire need of a rework though.
  • PoorManatee6197#6481PoorManatee6197#6481 Registered Users Posts: 2,545
    I really liked the artwork from more recent armybooks, it was also interesting that the wings were actually a old one artifact.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Karaz Bryn, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!

IT'S HOBGOBBO TIME!!!!!!!
    #JusticeForKurgan
  • Reeks#2417Reeks#2417 Registered Users Posts: 10,248
    Yeah i´d like that, not to mention it would be a great opportunity to fix the jankiness of the unit as well.

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

#JusticeForNurglingForumAvatars
  • DarthEnderX-#6513DarthEnderX-#6513 Registered Users Posts: 4,711

You proceed to show a model that isn't even a GW official one while the Coatl in game is based on an actual official model.

More like an official kitbash. The GW model is crap and doesn't even look like the official artwork.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • Mr_Finley7#4571Mr_Finley7#4571 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,414

Besides, this conversation took place when the DLC came out and it's not going to change now.

The Coatl doesn’t have an official model, it was literally something they threw together in WD to show what people can do with their spare parts.

The Coatl design is literally based on spare parts
  • dodge33cymru#1936dodge33cymru#1936 Registered Users Posts: 3,372
    Don't mind the look

Do mind the animation; it's awful in combat
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 6,927
    I'm not too bothered by the bird head since Lizardmen always had birds in their roster, it's their ugly AF attack animations that needs fixing
    The whole model looks like ****
  • HeresyHoundHeresyHound Registered Users Posts: 8,285
    Hear me out: Hero Coatls like on TT in a Tetto’Ekko DLC utilizing the Great Lizard army list to match his start in the Dragon Isles

• KirGeo#5270KirGeo#5270 Registered Users Posts: 1,123
    Red_Dox said:

After zero changes to the despicable Stone Trolls, yeah, would not expect they roll the red carpet out for a Coatl change.

-----Red Dox

^ This, nothing was done for a unit that had a model and fans asking for redesign. Won’t happen here either.
    We want all the factions Dogs of War, Araby, Ind, Kuresh, Nippon, Hobgoblin Khanate. Milk us CA.
  • BeargodBeargod Registered Users Posts: 452
    I like the bird head, otherwise it would look too similar to a dragon only withouth legs.

• saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,297

The Coatl doesn’t have an official model, it was literally something they threw together in WD to show what people can do with their spare parts.

yes but now we are stuck with it . they made it official, the best hope one can do with it
    1. give it more ornaments and Mask as @Maedrethnir suggested
    2. hopefully improve its animations god they suck and by extension cathayan dragon sibilings dragon form have the same issues for lesser degree so may be CA will be willing to add more animations that both can use in future

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• Nazjax#2857Nazjax#2857 Registered Users Posts: 2,557
    edited June 20
    Red_Dox said:

-----Red Dox

Thanks modding exist. :D

So I can have my good stone trolls.
  • Ben1990#8909Ben1990#8909 Registered Users Posts: 2,856
    Just install the head mod and call it a day. They ain't going back to it. Should've raged as hard like with the Woodcutters the Vampire Coast was supposed to get for Aranessa.
  • Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,646
    It’s fine.

I don’t understand this complaint.

BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • Xenos777Xenos777 Registered Users Posts: 8,038
    well, it isn't a great model, but I mean, it's a feathered serpent, like Quetzalcoatl.
    edited June 20

It’s fine.

I don’t understand this complaint.

Yeah but you love things that suck and everyone else hates, you make that clear in every single thread. And that’s totally cool, but this topic is for people who don’t so yeah of course you don’t understand.
  • Bies#4376Bies#4376 Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,799
    edited June 20

but it have an official art

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• Pocman#6295Pocman#6295 Registered Users Posts: 5,752
    Xenos7777 said:

well, it isn't a great model, but I mean, it's a feathered serpent, like Quetzalcoatl.

Except instead of it being a feathered serpent is a long reptile bird
    Bies said:

but it have an official art

Right and if the model looked like this I wouldn’t have a problem
  • Mogwai_Man#4978Mogwai_Man#4978 Registered Users Posts: 6,059
    That ship has sailed.
  • Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,199
    edited June 21
    Red_Dox said:

-----Red Dox

And Rangers.
    saweendra said:

yes but now we are stuck with it . they made it official, the best hope one can do with it
    1. give it more ornaments and Mask as @Maedrethnir suggested
    2. hopefully improve its animations god they suck and by extension cathayan dragon sibilings dragon form have the same issues for lesser degree so may be CA will be willing to add more animations that both can use in future
    I want a redesign, but, yes, at the very least they should give it more ornaments and mask to cover all the horror. Plus, of course, fixed animations.
  • Theo91#7431Theo91#7431 Registered Users Posts: 2,954
    Ge32 said:

I request please an official re-design for the Coatl. It really is embarrassing to carry a bird-like figure among a regiment of dinosaurs and lizards, taking the Lore of the Lizardmen into the trash.

The Coatl must be a serpent with wings, nothing more.

Please an official in-game redesign.

the quality of this meme is surprisingly high. im not too fussed either way on a rework tbh
  • John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Registered Users Posts: 1,532
    As often, mods came in to save the day. Hopefully the following mod will get ported over to WH3 when IE arrives. Unfortunately vanilla Coatl is just bad.
    Here's what the mod does:

• Wyvax#7456Wyvax#7456 Registered Users Posts: 6,200
    It's interesting that the bird head look clearly derives from the kitbashed model from White Dwarf magazine, yet the head utilized was taken from a dragon kit. So logically the head should look more draconic, which while not necessarily serpentine, is still at least reptilian. Why they went with the bird head is beyond me.
  • DavidTWWH#4143DavidTWWH#4143 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,326
    Yeah honestly it's by far the worst looking model in the game, looks like it's from a different game altogether.
    Stating opinions as if they're facts in your signature and adding "Change my mind" doesn't make them facts, change my mind.
  • Bloodydagger#9716Bloodydagger#9716 Registered Users Posts: 4,717
    Ah, this again.