Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Will youtubers have IE early access to show before release?

MaziskyMazisky Registered Users Posts: 949
edited June 23 in Total War General Chat
If yes, when do you expect them to show it?
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 33,140
    Most likely yes.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • mewade44mewade44 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,917
    I think one of em said they'll get it early before
  • Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,111
    edited June 22
    Hopefully yes. When ? Well, considering they get access to the WH3 campaign months before the release of the game, but with limitations... I suppose somewhere in mid/late july depending on the release date of IE.
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,006
    I don't know precisely when, but Turin is currently hosting qualifiers for an IE PvP tournament to take place in July.

So sometime in July content creators will have access to, and be able to show, IE-based gameplay.

Others might be better informed on the dates of the actual tournament, not just the qualifiers which are taking place right now.

But yeah, we'll be seeing footage in a month or less basically.
  • BaronRodneyBaronRodney Registered Users Posts: 1,173
    Valkaar said:

I don't know precisely when, but Turin is currently hosting qualifiers for an IE PvP tournament to take place in July.

So sometime in July content creators will have access to, and be able to show, IE-based gameplay.

Others might be better informed on the dates of the actual tournament, not just the qualifiers which are taking place right now.

But yeah, we'll be seeing footage in a month or less basically.

The grand finals are on the weekend of the 9/10th July. As you say these will be played on the immortal empires beta (multiplayer only) whereas the qualifiers have just been on wh3 base
  • Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,111
    It would make sense for CA to allow youtubers to show IE between a month to a few weeks before it comes out.
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • KillertutKillertut Registered Users Posts: 932
    i would guess 3 or 2 weeks before release. main focus probably being the 4 champions dlc.
  • Ironhawk97Ironhawk97 Registered Users Posts: 392
    They'll probably have a couple weeks under an NDA/embargo followed by 1-2 weeks before public access.
  • afverrallafverrall Registered Users Posts: 897
    I'm guessing we will get everything late August so mid August for promotional material maybe.
  • CthulhuChild81CthulhuChild81 Registered Users Posts: 86
    I hope so and for the love of Sigmar CA please listen to their feedback.
  • damon40000damon40000 Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    i hope not, they ruined wh3 launch with their whining
    BsFG dwarf
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 14,633

Ah yes, WH3 launch was totally bad because of the "youtubers whining" and not because CA messed up.

Neodeinos said:

Ah yes, WH3 launch was totally bad because of the "youtubers whining" and not because CA messed up.
    it wasnt "totally bad because of that", but it added up
    BsFG dwarf
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 2,683

Neodeinos said:

Why? What did they do? I missed this.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 6,820
    100%, they've given them the jump on any new DLC and FLC since... game 1? Don't see why it would suddenly change for IE.

Neodeinos said:

when game was out most of content makers were already tired of it and only complained/took break till IE or whatever
    BsFG dwarf
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 5,440
    I know some info, I can confirm youtubers (at least the top 5) are already playing IE.

*Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI

• NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 14,633

Neodeinos said:

when game was out most of content makers were already tired of it and only complained/took break till IE or whatever
    And CA did that to themselves by releasing a buggy game with obvious design flaws.

• SchubSchub Registered Users Posts: 1,289

I know some info, I can confirm youtubers (at least the top 5) are already playing IE.

Source?
    Sigmar protect us all...

• MaziskyMazisky Registered Users Posts: 949

Just to remember to all you that CA wrote in the blog that they listen the complains on reddit, forums and socials to fix the game.

Whining don't ruin the game, while hiding issues does.
  • DragantisDragantis PolandRegistered Users Posts: 700
    My bet is that they are getting access to IE 2 week before release and DLC content a week before Release.
    Blood for the Bloo... Blood DLC in Q3?! Khorne hate CA!
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 2,683

Neodeinos said:

Oh, Zerkovic, Rubberduckofwar, and Indypride have all been putting out content since it came out. Now they do also do WH2 content but a lot of people haven't taken to game 3 yet so I guess they produce content for what gets views.

I don't watch others though so you could be right about them. Oh, Codybonds is good to but doesn't put out many videos as they probably require a lot of work.
    Neodeinos said:

Neodeinos said:

And CA did that to themselves by releasing a buggy game with obvious design flaws.
    Yeah, basically this. Buggyness is probably the same as any TW release imho but design flaws are there in Rifts and tower defence. Although if IE had come two weeks after release some design flaws would have been gone so, yeah, maybe too buggy.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,865
    Mazisky said:

Of course they will.

Which irks me, honestly. All these big things should have a public beta for a month or two, not early access to a bunch of paid critics.

And that's what they are. They are critics that receive boons. Are all of them shills? No. But many are. The ones that aren't, as soon as they get critical, usually get back burnered for access. It's shameful. Youtube reviewers like this basically allow corporations to sidestep the ethical rules they were bound by via the critics industry. Granted the rules never stopped them there either, but they would at least get admonished for breaking them. Now every Tom, digit, and Harry have a blog or video channel and get kickbacks.
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 5,261
    Yes. Most likely.

I don’t think I’ll be watching any youtubers myself. I want to experience everything on Day 1 on my own.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,006

Without a concrete source, you're outright lying.
  • MaziskyMazisky Registered Users Posts: 949
    Itharus said:

Mazisky said:

Of course they will.

Which irks me, honestly. All these big things should have a public beta for a month or two, not early access to a bunch of paid critics.

And that's what they are. They are critics that receive boons. Are all of them shills? No. But many are. The ones that aren't, as soon as they get critical, usually get back burnered for access. It's shameful. Youtube reviewers like this basically allow corporations to sidestep the ethical rules they were bound by via the critics industry. Granted the rules never stopped them there either, but they would at least get admonished for breaking them. Now every Tom, digit, and Harry have a blog or video channel and get kickbacks.
    That's not true.

Cody bonds, Indypride, Party Elite, Legend and many others have been very critical about the game flaws and they never lost access.

On the other hand we had Sotek than screamed "it is the best thing ever, the game is fine" every time, even when talking about bugs.

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,865
    Mazisky said:

Itharus said:

Mazisky said:

Of course they will.

That's not true.

Cody bonds, Indypride, Party Elite, Legend and many others have been very critical about the game flaws and they never lost access.

On the other hand we had Sotek than screamed "it is the best thing ever, the game is fine" every time, even when talking about bugs.

See the "Are all of them shills? No. But many are." line. And the shills outnumber.
  • Lion_75Lion_75 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 74
    Late july probably
    Veni Vidi Vici
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,377
    Moved to Chat.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.