Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Lustria Gets a Panama Canal

Clsmith88Clsmith88 Registered Users Posts: 227

Hey everyone! So from James,
'Just to confirm the original poster is correct. It's not visible from the map view because we didn't want to officially separate the landmass, but there is now a thin strip of shallow water that ships can now sail through to get from either side at the top of Lustria (The thin strip of land just below Pahuax).' CA_Yuey

Connects Sea of Squalls to Scorpion Coast, allowing easy access to the Sea Lanes (Hope this wasn't posted before, but I hadn't seen anything about it here).

Comments

• Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    Yeah I like this kind of things.
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 3,375
    Yeah, using arks was kind of a pain, particular as malus on ME:.. <.<
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 35,036
    Noice!
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • PassthechipsPassthechips Registered Users Posts: 1,033
    So who is the Warhammer equivalent of Teddy Roosevelt who made this happen?
  • SaintCornSaintCorn Registered Users Posts: 2,790

Greasus. He just speaks loudly and carries a big stick.

• LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 3,047
    Jesus that's awful... think how many skinks died building it!
    No, mortal. No.
  • GoldfishLordGoldfishLord Registered Users Posts: 444
    SaintCorn said:

Greasus. He just speaks loudly and carries a big stick.
    Bravo, sir
  • Maidros98Maidros98 IranRegistered Users Posts: 522
    Did such a thing exist in lore
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,700
    I like it from a convenience perspective but also feel it steps on the toes of the underworld sea a bit and make that feel less special if you could’ve just sailed to that side anyway.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • korradokortokorradokorto Registered Users Posts: 558
    Maidros98 said:

does anyone really care anymore ?

just pick a random skaven character.
  • MonerisMoneris Registered Users Posts: 347
    Mazda was tired of Dark Elf Raids so in addition to a new mountain range he also added a moat.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 9,298

Jesus that's awful... think how many skinks died building it!

0 Probably... Wen Mazdamundi built all those mountains to the North he had to get the land from somewhere.
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 5,892
    Maidros98 said:

No, but it's exactly the sort of real life thing that would be parodied in the setting, (Great Wall, Stonehenge, etc.)
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Warhammer Deserves Naval Battles

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 35,036

It’s clearly Throt the Unclean.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
    ArneSo said:

It’s Toddy. That’s why he’s not in game yet. He’s busy making Mount Moustachemore.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 9,298
    Wyvax said:

Maidros98 said:

No, but it's exactly the sort of real life thing that would be parodied in the setting, (Great Wall, Stonehenge, etc.)
    ArneSo said:

Throtty Underfelt.... Built an expansive cave network.... Mazdamundi used geomancy to collapse the chambers in a massive earth quake and the Anima Canal was born.
  • Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,282

I like it from a convenience perspective but also feel it steps on the toes of the underworld sea a bit and make that feel less special if you could’ve just sailed to that side anyway.

The AI maybe able to use this one...

The AI maybe able to use this one...
    I’m not sure that matters considering the primary use for the Canal is clearly access to the sea lanes.
  • Coldone666Coldone666 Registered Users Posts: 762
    This is a good idea, well done CA.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,427

TBF, the Underworld Sea is pretty restrictive as you can only enter and exit from two predefined spots. This allows you to sail through if you are in the area(still, not that big a deal anyway as it is not particularly difficult to land on the isthmus then hop across to the other side since navies are a thing).
  • LennoxPoodleLennoxPoodle Registered Users Posts: 1,667
    Krunch said:

TBF, the Underworld Sea is pretty restrictive as you can only enter and exit from two predefined spots. This allows you to sail through if you are in the area(still, not that big a deal anyway as it is not particularly difficult to land on the isthmus then hop across to the other side since navies are a thing).
    Isn't only the Dark Elves having acces to such a way through the Naggaroth-Lustria double continent kind of an important point to their naval dominance?