Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Dread saurion should get "ogre" charge

overtaker40#8926overtaker40#8926 Registered Users Posts: 1,144
Dread saurion should get "ogre" charge ability. Obviously rename it to "Really big monster charge" or something.

But what is a staunch line of empire spears really gonna do if that thing charges their front line? Dread saurions are too squishy at the moment and it would give them the ability to deal with the abundance of Anti large units out there.
I like all the races. Equally. Wood elves are just the first among equals.

Comments

• Killertut#9655Killertut#9655 Registered Users Posts: 1,110
    no.
    a dread saurian is not an ogre...
  • Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 15,854
    They're too squishy because of ranged units, not because of spearmen.
  • Rheingold#6691Rheingold#6691 Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    They need a buff of some sort, really they should be just about the best SEM in game. They are certainly the most expensive, but they are way to fragile at the moment. Please look at buffing them somehow.
  • Processing#6286Processing#6286 Czech Republic Registered Users Posts: 815
    IMO All SEM larger than a horse should get this. It makes no sense that Stonehorns lose all of their charge bonus when charging a crapy spearmen.
  • Otters007#7127Otters007#7127 Registered Users Posts: 1,608

IMO All SEM larger than a horse should get this. It makes no sense that Stonehorns lose all of their charge bonus when charging a crapy spearmen.

I disagree. Because what If a stonehorn charges into a wall of Blackguard of Naggarond or Phoenix Guard? It should get absolutely shredded.
  • IndefatigableIndefatigable Registered Users Posts: 512
    Dread Sauron should be the greatest of all enemies!

• Warlord_Lu_Bu#2268Warlord_Lu_Bu#2268 Registered Users Posts: 3,197
    Yes, it should.
    "I am the punishment of Tengger, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chinghis Haan Temujin
  • Processing#6286Processing#6286 Czech Republic Registered Users Posts: 815
    Otters007 said:

I disagree. Because what If a stonehorn charges into a wall of Blackguard of Naggarond or Phoenix Guard? It should get absolutely shredded.
    Anti-large would still apply, just charge bonus would be intact (50% of it that is).
    Just had a look at most SEM's in game 2 and 3. Checked their unit cards.
    Dreads have decent stats BUT man, compared to all the others they are crazy expensive. Add to this the lizard economy not being close to some others...

Just for example terracotta is 400 upkeep in sp, stonehorn with harpoon is 525. Dread is 775, almost double that off the terraccotta. Can't tell me one dread is equivalent to 2 statues.And then there is the single player cap.
    And ogres have a better economy... So dreads need a buff of some sort. Either buff stats and put the Dread into Saurian, (my preference) or get rid of the cap and make them cheaper taking into account the lizard economy.
  • Wyvax#7456Wyvax#7456 Registered Users Posts: 6,207
    Wall breaker is the rule that I'd suggest.
  • GeorgeTruman#8059GeorgeTruman#8059 Registered Users Posts: 645
    Rheingold said:

Dreads have decent stats BUT man, compared to all the others they are crazy expensive. Add to this the lizard economy not being close to some others...

Just for example terracotta is 400 upkeep in sp, stonehorn with harpoon is 525. Dread is 775, almost double that off the terraccotta. Can't tell me one dread is equivalent to 2 statues.And then there is the single player cap.
    And ogres have a better economy... So dreads need a buff of some sort. Either buff stats and put the Dread into Saurian, (my preference) or get rid of the cap and make them cheaper taking into account the lizard economy.

The cap on the saurian is pretty weird. It's not even remotely worth it's cost, the only reason anyone would be spamming it is for fun.

I guess it stops the ai from spamming it though. But the ai can still spam all the other silly sems
  • Prince_AlucardPrince_Alucard Registered Users Posts: 579
    Wall breaker at the very least should be given to a lot more things. Namely Dread Saurians and Giants really.
  • BigOlBobcatBigOlBobcat Registered Users Posts: 72
    Rheingold said:

Saurions definitely need a buff, but there problem is primarily missiles, buff there missile resistance, but the point of the cap was to make them rare and very deadly, which didn't at all work and just made them very very rare

Rheingold said:

Saurions definitely need a buff, but there problem is primarily missiles, buff there missile resistance, but the point of the cap was to make them rare and very deadly, which didn't at all work and just made them very very rare
    Their cost is also a problem. They are pretty much double the price of a terracotta. That is insane. I know I'd take 2 terracotta's over 1 Dread any day.
  • MiniaAr#5798MiniaAr#5798 Registered Users Posts: 1,788
    edited June 24
    I hope that Lizardmen get a blessed spawnings rework, as that Dread Saurians get the special blessings they should have gotten from the Monstrous Arcanum rules.

Basically this mod should be I the base game:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2491765133
  • MonochromaticSpider#5650MonochromaticSpider#5650 Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Otters007 said:

It should get absolute shredded once the guards have found coherency again after the charge. But even elite Elves are not immune to physics and absolutely should get punted into next week when rammed by something the size of a school bus.
  • demonisbest#1950demonisbest#1950 Registered Users Posts: 254
    Between their extreme cost & upkeep, unit cap and size that quickly makes them into pincushion cosplayers, their other stats should be out the wazoo.

They need improvements in at least 2 of the categories: either lower the cost, remove/adjust the cap, increase their missile resistance, and/or buff their stats.

Personally, I'd lower the cost and upkeep a bit and buff the missile and physical resistances to make ol' Dready less fragile.
  • overtaker40#8926overtaker40#8926 Registered Users Posts: 1,144
    Otters007 said:

So some easy to differentiate them would be good. But they have to be careful about making it too complicated.

Saying that even the best spear units in the world would struggle a little against the biggest monsters. The do a lot of damage to them sure, they should but that initial charge is not what a phalanx was designed to stop
    I like all the races. Equally. Wood elves are just the first among equals.
  • GloatingSwine#8098GloatingSwine#8098 Registered Users Posts: 2,553
    Rheingold said:

Stats'll trip you up, and the Dread Saurian is the best example. It's got "decent stats" but it's also absolutely huge so it gets surrounded, and because it's got a big collision box you can't pack other friendlies around it easily like you can with some other monsters, and it doesn't have very disruptive attack animations so things stay in contact with it which means it gets poked to death super easily.

Dread Saurians are probably the biggest disappointment of a unit that's got all these things that it needs to live up to, tier 5, globally capped on a tier 5 building, huge cost and upkeep, and will let you down every time.