Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

GW NEWS: New "Curseling" (aka Villitch) model

Comments

• Djau#5149Djau#5149 Registered Users Posts: 12,058

I think Blue Scribes are coming not him.

lolwhat.

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,932
    The new one isn't bad. It's actually a lot better than that simple, if not generic, model of the Scinari Enlightener. But, still, I prefer the old one.
  • LordSolarMachLordSolarMach Registered Users Posts: 2,280
    edited June 27
    To expand on my "think I like the original better" comment:
    • I prefer the beefiness of Thomin to this new bloke, though they've made the "Vilitch" part weedier to compensate.
    • I also like the fluidness of Vilitch's feathers better in the original - the way he flows from top right to bottom left. The new Curseling's feathers cut back to the same side.
    • I like the original's "whispering in his ear" pose... but also really like the new one's "hand positioning his head". That's cool.
    • I prefer the original's "five eye" helmet (though the new one is still good).
    • I prefer the original's sword, where the blade was attached entirely by magic.
    • Thomin's giant spiked shoulder pauldron was always my least favourite aspect, so losing it's an improvement.
    • The composition of the new one is much better - no longer just standing around. Thankfully, it also doesn't go too far the other way with a tactical rock or unfittingly acrobatic pose. Also less "vertical lines", and more drawing you towards the face(s). Very good.
    • New is plastic instead of Finecast (TM).
    So my comment wasn't supposed to be a downer. There's a lot to love about this.
  • Spellbound1875#4610Spellbound1875#4610 Registered Users Posts: 1,900
    edited June 27

Hmm.. an AoS model update - timed with a total war update in which that character might be included?

Why that's never happened before ;);)

It didn't for Be'lakor. My assumption is that Villitch would use his WHFB model, and not this new Curseling.
    Be'lakor certainly got finished before he redesign was complete given that CA probably started on Be'lakor and then did the build a daemon workshop. GW aren't ridiculous enough to have CA redo work to comply with their designs.

For upcoming DLC or for the Slaanesh Daemons where the new release and TWW3 were clearly being developed in tandem with the new GW designs it makes a lot more sense to see the new visuals influence tww3.

Though given that in AoS giving people magic tumors that have great knowledge of magic is just something Tzeentch things is funny because of how well Vilitch worked out I'd still expect CA to lean into the older visuals for a unique character. He might be slimmed down and lose the giant shoulder spike for an eye but Vilitch having unique visuals is a good way to keep him... well unique I suppose.
  • ArneSo#7705ArneSo#7705 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 36,935
    Like this model more but the old is also great.

But Vilitch is basically guaranteed for the LP at this point. GW just loves cross promotions.

I think Blue Scribes are coming not him.

They aren’t mortal and they are FLc material.
  • Ironhawk97#2562Ironhawk97#2562 Registered Users Posts: 539
    Actually, I'd be more inclined to say that TOW turning Vilitch into a dime-a-dozen character class makes it considerably less likely that he's being pushed by GW to be in WH3.

Tzeentch should get either Horstmann or Helbrass to lead his knights and warriors. Vilitch is FLC or WoC favor rewards material by comparison; Tzeentch doesn't need a second fiddle spellcaster to Kairos.
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 38,444
    Vilitch is a pretty meh character.

That said this is definitely a better model for him that reads significantly better.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 6,809

Actually, I'd be more inclined to say that TOW turning Vilitch into a dime-a-dozen character class makes it considerably less likely that he's being pushed by GW to be in WH3.

Tzeentch should get either Horstmann or Helbrass to lead his knights and warriors. Vilitch is FLC or WoC favor rewards material by comparison; Tzeentch doesn't need a second fiddle spellcaster to Kairos.

So instead of a character with an actually unique model and design, you'd prefer a generic chaos sorcerer on a dragon? One so generic that his model is literally used as a generic chaos sorcerer sometimes?

Vilitch would atleast offer something different gameplay wise than Egrimm. He's a hybrid warrior and caster, unlike Egrimm who will be another flying SEM caster.
  • CountTalabeclandCountTalabecland Registered Users Posts: 1,082
    Why redo a brand new (by GW standards) model of this minor of a character?

2004 Bretonnians would like a chat.

So instead of a character with an actually unique model and design, you'd prefer a generic chaos sorcerer on a dragon? One so generic that his model is literally used as a generic chaos sorcerer sometimes?

Vilitch would atleast offer something different gameplay wise than Egrimm. He's a hybrid warrior and caster, unlike Egrimm who will be another flying SEM caster.

This is Gor-Rok vs Kroq Gar all over again. Both should obviously come and so should Aekold.

With Tzeentch being a core race, it’s very likely that we will get all 3 of them.

Why redo a brand new (by GW standards) model of this minor of a character?

2004 Bretonnians would like a chat.

He isn’t a minor character, he’s an 8th edition Armybook character just like Valkia.
    Vilitch is a Hybrid character; a role that Tzeentch needs in its LL options. Engrim is more of a fan favourite, but hes just a dedicated caster same as Kairos.

Djau said:

Vilitch is a Hybrid character; a role that Tzeentch needs in its LL options. Engrim is more of a fan favourite, but hes just a dedicated caster same as Kairos.

All Tzeentch LLs are casters just like all VC are casters. That’s fine.

They would still all have their niche.

- Kairos as the pure GD caster.
    - Vilitch a hybrid Caster on foot
    - Egrimm the Dragon rider
    - Aekold a hybrid melee healer

The only one that’s kinda obsolete are the Blue Scribes… but that’s fine for a FLC.
  • Lord_Zarkov#7252Lord_Zarkov#7252 Registered Users Posts: 1,790
    ArneSo said:

Djau said:

The only one that’s kinda obsolete are the Blue Scribes… but that’s fine for a FLC.
    Aekold might actually be interesting as the only Tzeentch character that is not necessarily a caster if he leans into the melee side. Sure he was a caster in his chronicles rules for 6th, but that’s because in 6th MoT made everyone a caster. In 4th and 5th when he was in the actual army book he was not a caster and he hasn’t cast spells when he’s turned up in the lore either (e.g, in the penultimate G&F book).

And the Blue Scribes are cool - the only LL herald that could justify not being FLC IMO. They’re a fast fragile caster which is a unique niche (even Kairos is still a GD, albeit a weak one and Egrimm is still a chaos warrior on a dragon), and if they build hard into the spell stealing thing they could be quite an interesting dynamic. Like Kairos they should have a mix of lores, though not as flexible.

Every Tzeentch character does something new and different.
  • Ben1990#8909Ben1990#8909 Registered Users Posts: 2,589

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/06/27/magical-might-comes-to-the-fore-in-the-latest-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-battlebox/?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=warhammer-age-of-sigmar&utm_content=model-reveal

New Vilitch (In AoS he's just called the curseling now) model incoming for aos. Vilitch seems incredibly likely for the Champions of Chaos DLC at this point.

Wait. He's still a thing? I thought that his brother literally erased his self after the latter regained his mind when the two accidentally landed in the realm of Tzeentch.
  • MODIDDLY1#9212MODIDDLY1#9212 Registered Users Posts: 1,186
    Ben1990 said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/06/27/magical-might-comes-to-the-fore-in-the-latest-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-battlebox/?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=warhammer-age-of-sigmar&utm_content=model-reveal

New Vilitch (In AoS he's just called the curseling now) model incoming for aos. Vilitch seems incredibly likely for the Champions of Chaos DLC at this point.

Wait. He's still a thing? I thought that his brother literally erased his self after the latter regained his mind when the two accidentally landed in the realm of Tzeentch.
    As far as I know, yeah Thomil took back control when they were in the realm of Tzeentch. From what I can see, I think The Curseling is coming back, and curselings are a hero for AoS, but I haven't seen who is in control of the body, or even if it's supposed to be the same guy. I'd love to see in AoS both of them be back and Tzeentch put them in the "This is our get-along body"
    Ben1990 said:

Curselings are just a generic Tzeentch character type now rather than a Special Character.
    ArneSo said:

Djau said:

Oh yea, they should definitely come too.

ArneSo said:

This is Gor-Rok vs Kroq Gar all over again. Both should obviously come and so should Aekold.

With Tzeentch being a core race, it’s very likely that we will get all 3 of them.
    1. Look at the post I was responding to. It was suggesting Egrimm in place of Vilitch not even coming in at all.

2. Comparing any character to Gor'Rok is a huge disservice to said character considering Gor'Rok gave us one of the most boring post-release LL. Though you do make a case for having Egrimm be a FLC while characters with far more creative design space like Changeling and Vilitch can be DLC.
  • BastileanBastilean Registered Users Posts: 2,908
    Have a hard time seeing anyone animate the staff and flail held on the same left side like the old model. At least not as both attack weapons. I also don't like the button head of the old Vilitch. It's inhumanly small

I like the new model
    Bastilean said:

Have a hard time seeing anyone animate the staff and flail held on the same left side like the old model. At least not as both attack weapons. I also don't like the button head of the old Vilitch. It's inhumanly small

I like the new model

Ummm ... wat

Vilitch's head is inhumanly BIG. Take. A closer look. It's nearly the size of his emaciated chest.
  • LordSolarMachLordSolarMach Registered Users Posts: 2,280

Ummm ... wat

Vilitch's head is inhumanly BIG. Take. A closer look. It's nearly the size of his emaciated chest.

(It's likely that they meant Thomin's head.)

ArneSo said:

Djau said:

Aekold might actually be interesting as the only Tzeentch character that is not necessarily a caster if he leans into the melee side. Sure he was a caster in his chronicles rules for 6th, but that’s because in 6th MoT made everyone a caster. In 4th and 5th when he was in the actual army book he was not a caster and he hasn’t cast spells when he’s turned up in the lore either (e.g, in the penultimate G&F book).

And the Blue Scribes are cool - the only LL herald that could justify not being FLC IMO. They’re a fast fragile caster which is a unique niche (even Kairos is still a GD, albeit a weak one and Egrimm is still a chaos warrior on a dragon), and if they build hard into the spell stealing thing they could be quite an interesting dynamic. Like Kairos they should have a mix of lores, though not as flexible.

He should still have lore of life which is a very different lore than Tzeentch for example since it mainly buffs and heals your troops. SomI picture Aekold as a mix of Tyrion and Alarielle which is an interesting combo we don’t have right now.

Aekold as the most “basic” Lord of Tzeentch (compared to Vilitch and Egrimm) could also get a Disk of Tzeentch mount.

ArneSo said:

1. Look at the post I was responding to. It was suggesting Egrimm in place of Vilitch not even coming in at all.

2. Comparing any character to Gor'Rok is a huge disservice to said character considering Gor'Rok gave us one of the most boring post-release LL. Though you do make a case for having Egrimm be a FLC while characters with far more creative design space like Changeling and Vilitch can be DLC.
    I agree with point 1 but bruh! Don’t talk like that about my Boy Gor Rok! He’s my favourite LM LL to me of my most played factions in the game.

Anyways… back on Tzeentch.

Egrimm is in a weird place where he can be both FLC or DLC. He is a fan favourite like Malus with his own Novel. Malus was also basically just an Elf on a Cold One.

I personally expect this for Tzeentch:
    - Vilitch LP
    - Egrimm LP
    - Changeling/Galrauch LP
    - Blue Scribes FLC
    - Aekold FLC
  • Belisaurio#7536Belisaurio#7536 Registered Users Posts: 210
    I like that the new design is less "warcraft" (that shoulderpad). The new tzeentch-homunculus (not Thomin anymore) seems more dinamic, but I miss how that the old one is whispering to his brother ears.

But really happy overall for the new deisgn. At least it will not be removed from GW shop!! Nobody will be fishing in ebay for 60-70 bucks. Win/win situation for Warhammer/AoS fans
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Djau said:

He should still have lore of life which is a very different lore than Tzeentch for example since it mainly buffs and heals your troops. SomI picture Aekold as a mix of Tyrion and Alarielle which is an interesting combo we don’t have right now.

Aekold as the most “basic” Lord of Tzeentch (compared to Vilitch and Egrimm) could also get a Disk of Tzeentch mount.
    🤨 Even in the one edition he was a wizard he had Tzeentch not life.

His healing aura is supposed to be involuntary and indiscriminate, which is one of the main ironies of it.

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Djau said:

His healing aura is supposed to be involuntary and indiscriminate, which is one of the main ironies of it.
    Then give him lore of Tzeentch and healing lore of life bound spells plus a healing RoE.

Egrimm should have lore of light which is also different to Tzeentch.
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Djau said:

Then give him lore of Tzeentch and healing lore of life bound spells plus a healing RoE.

IMO making him not a wizard at all would be more interesting and truer to his more common background. Healing bound spell could be cool though.

Egrimm’s kind of a special case since he was the Patriarch of Light before becoming a full Chaos Champion. In 4th and 5th he could use Battle Magic as well which included light.

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Djau said:

IMO making him not a wizard at all would be more interesting and truer to his more common background. Healing bound spell could be cool though.

Egrimm’s kind of a special case since he was the Patriarch of Light before becoming a full Chaos Champion. In 4th and 5th he could use Battle Magic as well which included light.
    I‘m fine with that. Make him a pure melee swordsman with some healing bound spells sounds great.