Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

GW NEWS: New "Curseling" (aka Villitch) model

13»

Comments

• Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 38,463

Actually, I'd be more inclined to say that TOW turning Vilitch into a dime-a-dozen character class makes it considerably less likely that he's being pushed by GW to be in WH3.

Tzeentch should get either Horstmann or Helbrass to lead his knights and warriors. Vilitch is FLC or WoC favor rewards material by comparison; Tzeentch doesn't need a second fiddle spellcaster to Kairos.

Personally I think Aekhold would be really cool. Engrimm's good too.

Vilitch is juuuuust eh. Cool concept, mediocre lore, okay model.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• MODIDDLY1#9212MODIDDLY1#9212 Registered Users Posts: 1,208

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Djau said:

Vilitch is a Hybrid character; a role that Tzeentch needs in its LL options. Engrim is more of a fan favourite, but hes just a dedicated caster same as Kairos.

All Tzeentch LLs are casters just like all VC are casters. That’s fine.

They would still all have their niche.

- Kairos as the pure GD caster.
    - Vilitch a hybrid Caster on foot
    - Egrimm the Dragon rider
    - Aekold a hybrid melee healer

The only one that’s kinda obsolete are the Blue Scribes… but that’s fine for a FLC.
    Aekold might actually be interesting as the only Tzeentch character that is not necessarily a caster if he leans into the melee side. Sure he was a caster in his chronicles rules for 6th, but that’s because in 6th MoT made everyone a caster. In 4th and 5th when he was in the actual army book he was not a caster and he hasn’t cast spells when he’s turned up in the lore either (e.g, in the penultimate G&F book).

And the Blue Scribes are cool - the only LL herald that could justify not being FLC IMO. They’re a fast fragile caster which is a unique niche (even Kairos is still a GD, albeit a weak one and Egrimm is still a chaos warrior on a dragon), and if they build hard into the spell stealing thing they could be quite an interesting dynamic. Like Kairos they should have a mix of lores, though not as flexible.

Every Tzeentch character does something new and different.
    He should still have lore of life which is a very different lore than Tzeentch for example since it mainly buffs and heals your troops. SomI picture Aekold as a mix of Tyrion and Alarielle which is an interesting combo we don’t have right now.

Aekold as the most “basic” Lord of Tzeentch (compared to Vilitch and Egrimm) could also get a Disk of Tzeentch mount.
    🤨 Even in the one edition he was a wizard he had Tzeentch not life.

His healing aura is supposed to be involuntary and indiscriminate, which is one of the main ironies of it.
    Then give him lore of Tzeentch and healing lore of life bound spells plus a healing RoE.

Egrimm should have lore of light which is also different to Tzeentch.

IMO making him not a wizard at all would be more interesting and truer to his more common background. Healing bound spell could be cool though.

Egrimm’s kind of a special case since he was the Patriarch of Light before becoming a full Chaos Champion. In 4th and 5th he could use Battle Magic as well which included light.
    I think him giving an aura of healing might be more interesting than just a couple uses of bound healing.
  • ArneSo#7705ArneSo#7705 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,064

Actually, I'd be more inclined to say that TOW turning Vilitch into a dime-a-dozen character class makes it considerably less likely that he's being pushed by GW to be in WH3.

Tzeentch should get either Horstmann or Helbrass to lead his knights and warriors. Vilitch is FLC or WoC favor rewards material by comparison; Tzeentch doesn't need a second fiddle spellcaster to Kairos.

Luckily Lore is irrelevant for a TW game.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 2,060
    Both are quite interesting and different, I do think I prefer the old one tho as the brainless brute and sinister twin brother whispering commands in his brothers ear

• xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 1,345
    The model is good, it seems to be much more generic than Villitch, especially the armor is basically a Marked Warrior fused with an alien.

Being more generic is good, after all, this is a generic character.

• General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 5,324

How is villitch mediocre lore but generic fallen wizard engrimm is good
  • Lord_Zarkov#7252Lord_Zarkov#7252 Registered Users Posts: 1,802
    MODIDDLY1 said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Djau said:

Vilitch is a Hybrid character; a role that Tzeentch needs in its LL options. Engrim is more of a fan favourite, but hes just a dedicated caster same as Kairos.

All Tzeentch LLs are casters just like all VC are casters. That’s fine.

They would still all have their niche.

- Kairos as the pure GD caster.
    - Vilitch a hybrid Caster on foot
    - Egrimm the Dragon rider
    - Aekold a hybrid melee healer

The only one that’s kinda obsolete are the Blue Scribes… but that’s fine for a FLC.
    Aekold might actually be interesting as the only Tzeentch character that is not necessarily a caster if he leans into the melee side. Sure he was a caster in his chronicles rules for 6th, but that’s because in 6th MoT made everyone a caster. In 4th and 5th when he was in the actual army book he was not a caster and he hasn’t cast spells when he’s turned up in the lore either (e.g, in the penultimate G&F book).

And the Blue Scribes are cool - the only LL herald that could justify not being FLC IMO. They’re a fast fragile caster which is a unique niche (even Kairos is still a GD, albeit a weak one and Egrimm is still a chaos warrior on a dragon), and if they build hard into the spell stealing thing they could be quite an interesting dynamic. Like Kairos they should have a mix of lores, though not as flexible.

Every Tzeentch character does something new and different.
    He should still have lore of life which is a very different lore than Tzeentch for example since it mainly buffs and heals your troops. SomI picture Aekold as a mix of Tyrion and Alarielle which is an interesting combo we don’t have right now.

Aekold as the most “basic” Lord of Tzeentch (compared to Vilitch and Egrimm) could also get a Disk of Tzeentch mount.
    🤨 Even in the one edition he was a wizard he had Tzeentch not life.

His healing aura is supposed to be involuntary and indiscriminate, which is one of the main ironies of it.
    Then give him lore of Tzeentch and healing lore of life bound spells plus a healing RoE.

Egrimm should have lore of light which is also different to Tzeentch.

IMO making him not a wizard at all would be more interesting and truer to his more common background. Healing bound spell could be cool though.

Egrimm’s kind of a special case since he was the Patriarch of Light before becoming a full Chaos Champion. In 4th and 5th he could use Battle Magic as well which included light.
    I think him giving an aura of healing might be more interesting than just a couple uses of bound healing.
    Oh totally, I took him having a healing aura as read 😆