Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: WARHAMMER III – Immortal Empires Starting Positions

CA_YueyNinjaCA_YueyNinja Registered Users, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 26
edited June 28 in General Discussion

Hello Total War: WARHAMMER fans! Welcome to the latest instalment of the Immortal Empires blog series. This week, we’ll be focusing on START POSITIONS! More notably, we’ll use this opportunity to kick off a gradual reveal over the coming weeks of where each of your favorite races will begin their conquest within the vast and unforgiving landscape of Immortal Empires.

You can read more over on the totalwar.com blog:
Post edited by CA_YueyNinja on

Comments

• BiesBies Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,580
    Tuesday Newsday - feels good

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• SchubSchub Registered Users Posts: 1,435
    Can you tell us if the reveals will be weekly or if there will be multiple reveals in a week.
    Sigmar protect us all...

• SusaVileSusaVile Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,346
    Poor Arkhan the Black ;)

And nice for Grimgor to test himself vs Skaarbrand.

Tomb Kings just got way harder. As well as Queek.
    Always learning, be polite, unless he's the enemy:P
    Cheers
    SusaVile
    Total war youtuber
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,267
    Hm, hm, I like Volkmar's banner. It's pretty.
  • That1dudeThat1dude Registered Users Posts: 512
    Looks like we’re getting Be’lakor news next week, that should be fun.
    MILK FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES!

Dragons are cool too...
  • PopiutePopiute Registered Users Posts: 12
    You should reveal lord per lord each week. It would make lots of great content.....
    Master degrees in business are back...
  • SnakeMajinSnakeMajin Registered Users Posts: 534
    Volkmar in the Southlands sounds interesting. Not sure about Ku'Gath being so far from Karaz-a-Karak though.

I understand keeping WoC last due to Sigvald's fate, but if you keep this amount of starting positions per blog, you won't prevent a feeling of dripfeeding from the community.
  • LoreguyLoreguy Registered Users Posts: 1,609
    Wow. I would never guessed Ku'gath, Skarbrand and Kairos.

+1 for Sudenburg finally joining the Empire!
  • ChristianT82ChristianT82 Registered Users Posts: 173
    SusaVile said:

Poor Arkhan the Black ;)

How do you know they're not moving them also?
  • SnakeMajinSnakeMajin Registered Users Posts: 534

I'm happy to tell you all it's going to be everyday over the next 17 days :D

Fair enough. That answers my doubts !
    "where rumor has it that he’s hellbent on finding certain dark artifacts…"

Nagash, you say? ;P
    Cheers
    SusaVile
    Total war youtuber

Nagash, you say? ;P

SusaVile said:

Poor Arkhan the Black ;)

I do not, but if they leave them there... lol for them;P
    Cheers
    SusaVile
    Total war youtuber
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 15,235
    SusaVile said:

Nagash, you say? ;P

I'm guessing that's what his new mechanic will be about, he'll need something to replace the Elector Counts.

And do you provide healthcare for my poor heart? I am going to need a tranquilizer with so much hype... ;););)
    Cheers
    SusaVile
    Total war youtuber
  • ChristianT82ChristianT82 Registered Users Posts: 173

I do not, but if they leave them there... lol for them;P

you're right about that :)
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 2,051

Thank you for this, I was about to comment something negative... But your comment makes this news better.
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • KillertutKillertut Registered Users Posts: 1,073

weekends included? :P
  • mewade44mewade44 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,016

Maybe the best Tuesday Newsday news ever! Daily News = Errday Newsday!!

And a CA rep posted it here on the forum as a response! Whoah! 👍🌟🍾🥂🍻🥃
  • mewade44mewade44 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,016
    edited June 28
    SusaVile said:

Poor Arkhan the Black ;)

I think Grimgor just got way harder. Already has problems with Dwarves most the time. Guessing Skarbrand has the summon army ability and Greenskins have the same type of mechanic that they just decided this will slow down the zerg that happens by having them fight endlessly? They gonna throw Taurox there too and all 3 can just rampage each other?
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 1,328
    So the grand plan is to create dozens of blogs to talk about all the starting positions?

no comments for this CA.

• AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,100
    xDEMOSx said:

So the grand plan is to create dozens of blogs to talk about all the starting positions?

no comments for this CA.

Literally what we want. I want CA to deepdive this stuff; it's valid and interesting information. If it was 1 a week then sure; but 1 a day is nice.
  • EquixEquix Registered Users Posts: 1,865
    edited June 28
    Congrats on this new approach to giving daily info to customers, I like that we will have 17 days of daily news.

Please give Isabella a different starting point than Vlad, and kick Manfred to be with Volkmar.

new Undead Legion:
    Nagash (unlockable for beating game with Undead Legion)
    The Nameless
    Dieter Helsnicht
    Neferata
    Dread King or Walach Harkon

And also give a quest possibility to other mortachs to access/join some Undead Legion recruiting privileges.

DLCs for VC BLOODLINES:
    /Necrachs:Zacharias, Melkhior, Radu the forsaken /Strigoi:Ushoran, Vorag The Ghoul King, Gashnag The Black Prince, Rametep /Blood Dragon:Red Duke, Abhorash /Lahmia:zNitocris, Ulrika, Naaima

• IndefatigableIndefatigable Registered Users Posts: 347
    Skarbrand against GS feels a bit mismatched. The GS aren't known for their artillery or ranged so will end up going toe-to-toe in melee, the one thing that his faction excels at.

Personally I would start him against the dwarfs as that feels like a more even match to me.
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 2,032
    Nice, really interesting start positions. I'm looking forward to playing Skarbrand now, I'm really intrigued with who's moving from Kislev, Cathay and WEs

• GBoneGBone Registered Users Posts: 1,316
    The problem with this approach is that it doesn't really tell us anything about the start positions until they're all revealed.

All we've learned about Volkmar's start is that he's probably near some Tomb Kings.
  • ShermanSherman Member Registered Users Posts: 952

I like the position of Volkmar the Grim a lot, but personally I'm not sold with the ones of the major daemons. I see them more as a menace that should build up from the edge of the world. N'kari taking on the High Elves literally from turn 1 in Ulthuan is "Too soon", also the fact that Tzeentch is far away from the clash with Cathay is "Too late", Skarbrand already in the bowl with major orcs factions and Nurgle starting in tropical islands... I don't know, something, more linked to their position in "Realm of Chaos" campaign for me it's more coinvincing, but I repeat, is a personal opinion, not a fact here.
  • FredenFreden Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 575
    Popiute said:

You should reveal lord per lord each week. It would make lots of great content.....
    Master degrees in business are back...

Strikes like a ninja! :)
  • steam_164511556922ZvK49s6steam_164511556922ZvK49s6 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,252
    These start location are absolutely horrible.... for the love of god put the demon factions in the north in south poles.
    PLEASE CA!!! Chaos Warriors need a faction that is not horde only by the time the trilogy is finished! We beg of you!

Just Realized this topic has been viewed more, the topic of " Limiting Race Expansion/ Colonization Expansion" alone than more than half of the stickied things at the top of the forum... I hope you are too CA and I mean that in a positive way from a huge fan!

Please improve sieges! Add racial flavor and ACTUALLY make them "deeper rather than wide" copy and paste with different art needs to go!
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 9,298
    Not exactly thrilled with the Daemon Starting positions...

Thanks for the information.