Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

A Fimir sized hole

2»

Comments

• MisterSquid#9555MisterSquid#9555 Florida, USARegistered Users Posts: 2,137
    Can we stop posting this picture please? A lot of that information is incredibly old and out-of-date (I'm talking pre-4th edition here) and a good chunk of it is straight-up fanon.
    Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

Let Slip the Dogs of War - A fanmade Campaign Pack concept
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/303462/let-loose-the-dogs-of-war-a-fanmade-campaign-pack-concept
  • HeresyHoundHeresyHound Registered Users Posts: 8,285
    NVNM said:

Pygmies. The game needs PoC representation.

I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you aren’t trolling, but they will never revive Pygmies. They were horrifically racist caricatures of real ethnic groups. Their 3e artwork and lore was just inexcusable. There is no way in hell GW will ever dredge that up without utterly redoing everything about it.

Even GW realized that to replace them they would need a complete rework it seems. From the little we can gather, Jungle Halflings would have replaced them in Warhammer. Still kind of stereotypical but from the custom figures we have seen they were probably going more of an actual South American tribe but Halflings rather than **** up racist African ethnic caricatures. But Warmaster fizzled out.
  • DarthEnderX-#6513DarthEnderX-#6513 Registered Users Posts: 4,746
    If Half-Orcs ever come back, I picture them as just regular Orcs with their legs missing, mounted on some kind of tricked out battle cart.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,700
    Several problematic posts removed.

5.2b All history is, to some degree, the received view of those who record, recount or interpret it. When discussing culture, faction or country we expect a very high calibre of rationale. Expressions of nationalism or racism will not be tolerated.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• Chronoid#8775Chronoid#8775 Registered Users Posts: 341
    edited July 2

I expect a LOT of obscurer factions to be part of Dogs of War/Southern Realms, including:

- Albion
    - Amazons
    - Halflings
    - Araby (If they are definitely out for CA...)

And the Core of Tilea/Estalia and Southern Realms Units.

The Jade-Blooded I would 100% expect to see either as an expansion to VC or Cathay .

Dogs of War are not made more interesting by just being a junkyard for other races and themes just because you want them in the game and don't see any other realistic approach.
    Then What does it make them interesting?
    Spearmen but with longer spears? Crossbowmen but shielded?

No, the sheer variety is waht makes them interesting. Being able to bring stuff like slayer pirates, arabyan light cavalry, ogres (my lord) and many more as auxiliaries for your otherwise pretty mundane human army.

THAT is what made them interesting. This mixture and the presence of things unseen in other human factions and in some cases in any other playable race.
  • GreenColoured#2445GreenColoured#2445 Registered Users Posts: 6,936
    NVNM said:

Pygmies. The game needs PoC representation.

No, and hell no

Keep garbage race and gender politics out of this IP and game please. People play this game to have fun.
  • Wyvax#7456Wyvax#7456 Registered Users Posts: 6,208
    Chronoid said:

I expect a LOT of obscurer factions to be part of Dogs of War/Southern Realms, including:

- Albion
    - Amazons
    - Halflings

The Jade-Blooded I would 100% expect to see either as an expansion to VC or Cathay .

Dogs of War are not made more interesting by just being a junkyard for other races and themes just because you want them in the game and don't see any other realistic approach.

No, the sheer variety is waht makes them interesting. Being able to bring stuff like slayer pirates, arabyan light cavalry, ogres (my lord) and many more as auxiliaries for your otherwise pretty mundane human army.

THAT is what made them interesting. This mixture and the presence of things unseen in other human factions and in some cases in any other playable race.
    This is just personal preference mind you, but as much as I want those exotic units, getting the return of Pikemen and Pavise Crossbowmen from Medieval 2 excites me infinitely more as a TW player. Those are units that functionally don't exist in Warhammer yet.
  • SaintCorn#3148SaintCorn#3148 Registered Users Posts: 2,857
    Wyvax said:

Chronoid said:

- Albion
    - Amazons
    - Halflings

This is just personal preference mind you, but as much as I want those exotic units, getting the return of Pikemen and Pavise Crossbowmen from Medieval 2 excites me infinitely more as a TW player. Those are units that functionally don't exist in Warhammer yet.
    Pikemen definitely don't exist yet in Warhammer yet.
    Pavise Crossbowmen really are just worse versions of Darkshards, right?
    Like, the don't have the repeating crossbow, so they would reload and take cover after every shot. Fundamentally, the difference mostly be just fire rate really.

• Wyvax#7456Wyvax#7456 Registered Users Posts: 6,208
    edited July 3
    SaintCorn said:

Wyvax said:

Chronoid said:

- Albion
    - Amazons
    - Halflings

Like, the don't have the repeating crossbow, so they would reload and take cover after every shot. Fundamentally, the difference mostly be just fire rate really.
    You're correct in that Darkshards with shields technically fulfill this role and I did forget about them. But shields are so garbage inefficient in Warhammer compared to past Total War titles that the unit archtype I'm talking about just doesn't exist in game. That's a combat calculation problem though, not a unit problem.

EDIT: I realize that I may have moved the goalposts. Not my intention. First post was hopeful, this one was rather pessimistic, the topic just gets me frustrated is all.
  • Biggles#4266Biggles#4266 Registered Users Posts: 3,079
    Wyvax said:

SaintCorn said:

Wyvax said:

Chronoid said:

- Albion
    - Amazons
    - Halflings

You're correct in that Darkshards with shields technically fulfill this role and I did forget about them. But shields are so garbage inefficient in Warhammer compared to past Total War titles that the unit archtype I'm talking about just doesn't exist in game. That's a combat calculation problem though, not a unit problem.

EDIT: I realize that I may have moved the goalposts. Not my intention. First post was hopeful, this one was rather pessimistic, the topic just gets me frustrated is all.
    I've not played Med2 in ages. What is it that these two units offer that would be new to the game? Thanks
  • DarthEnderX-#6513DarthEnderX-#6513 Registered Users Posts: 4,746
    Chronoid said:

One THOUSAND percent!
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."