Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

[Speculation] A Third Person Warhammer game in works from CA?

MagosHalMagosHal Registered Users Posts: 10
This article suggests that there might be one in development from CA Sofia: https://www.pcgamesn.com/total-war-warhammer-3/third-person-fantasy-game

Keyword being MIGHT. All just speculation and rumors for the time being. The article's key points as to why this may be a Warhammer Third Person game is because apparently:

1) It has a “a vast fictional world to life” in an “epic fantasy universe,” which it also calls “medieval” and features “realistic, ‘dark and gritty’ visually appealing environments.”
2) And "it specifically requests familiarity with Total War games, “especially Total War: Warhammer.”"

But if you'd like to entertain the possibility that it might be true, please comment below with your thoughts and speculations.

Comments

• Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 15,851
    A Warhammer Fantasy RPG would be a dream come true, the potential would be massive.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,641
    Give me a Witcher-like WH game CA! Please!
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • SaintCorn#3148SaintCorn#3148 Registered Users Posts: 2,856
    Would I entertain the thought of a third-person Warhammer Fantasy RPG?
    I would everyday.

• sykall#1105sykall#1105 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,002
    If it would be in the spirit of witcher 3 I would likley play the heck out if it.

Imagine playing a witch hunter or sigmarite priest traveling through a province of the Empire solving cases, uncovering cults and necromancers and such. That would be awesome

Though given that CAs latest project is a team-based scifi shooter called hyenas, I doubt they will keep stuck with the warhammer IP. Indeed they previously did do Halo Wars 2 and Alien Isolation as well. So I expect something else but warhammer for now.
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
  • Bies#4376Bies#4376 Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,800
    from reddit

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• Biggles#4266Biggles#4266 Registered Users Posts: 3,078
    edited July 6
    Sweet!

Edit: and thank you @Bies
  • Bayes#3307Bayes#3307 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,015
    More warhammer fantasy games is always welcome.
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 21,381
    95% good
    5% Gaming as a service
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,641
    I just hope it’s more like Witcher and less like Elden Ring.
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 21,381
    ArneSo said:

I think there's an RPG element like Skyrim were you can build things and possibly develop a settlement.
  • SerPus#7395SerPus#7395 Registered Users Posts: 9,692
    Spartan: Total War Warhammer edition?

ArneSo said:

I think there's an RPG element like Skyrim were you can build things and possibly develop a settlement.
    Something like Skyrim would be amazing!
  • Reeks#2417Reeks#2417 Registered Users Posts: 10,255
    Skyrim total war

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

#JusticeForNurglingForumAvatars
  • Goatforce#6625Goatforce#6625 Registered Users Posts: 8,450
    ArneSo said:

Honestly a FromSoft style WH game would be amazing. The resurect mechanic would even be amazing if melded into the player playing a Daemon or something interesting like that.

But yeah maybe the first WH RPG should be a more Witcher or Skyrim style experience.
  • Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,218
    Shadow of Mordor-style Alith Anar game is what I want.
    Goatforce said:

ArneSo said:

Honestly a FromSoft style WH game would be amazing. The resurect mechanic would even be amazing if melded into the player playing a Daemon or something interesting like that.

But yeah maybe the first WH RPG should be a more Witcher or Skyrim style experience.
    Please god make it more like Skyrim, not The Witcher, The Witcher sucks arse...

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

• MicroangeloMicroangelo Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 48
    edited July 6
    How do we know it's a Warhammer title?
  • Nyxilis#3646Nyxilis#3646 Registered Users Posts: 7,650
    Neodeinos said:

A Warhammer Fantasy RPG would be a dream come true, the potential would be massive.

I'll hold my breath, I've had so many misses about larger RPGs. Either handed to crap companies or some complications that tanks them.
  • Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,218
    Reeks said:

Goatforce said:

ArneSo said:

Please, be more like Shadow of Mordor!
  • lcmiracle#6727lcmiracle#6727 Registered Users Posts: 1,013

How do we know it's a Warhammer title? GoT TW anyone?

It's inferrence. The line "Familiar with previous Total War games, especially with Total War Warhammer"

It's a third person melee combat medieval fantasy game, it shares little in the way of game design with total war style 4X-RTT games. So, logically, the familiarity with Total War Warhammer is about the "Warhammer" bit
  • JirzikJirzik Registered Users Posts: 481
    Vermintide meets WoW. Do it CA!

Reeks said:

Goatforce said:

ArneSo said:

Please, be more like Shadow of Mordor!
    Oh god yes, that was SO much fun!

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

ArneSo said:

Goatforce said:

ArneSo said:

I just don’t like all these Dark souls game. Not my cup of tea.
  • talonn#7575talonn#7575 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,868
    Those different positions... are they all for the same project?
  • PTree#4895PTree#4895 Registered Users Posts: 974
    I've been wanting a Skyrim style Warhammer game for god knows how long. Add in multiplayer and my god... I think i'd never leave my desk again. Please please please be true!!!!!!
  • PTree#4895PTree#4895 Registered Users Posts: 974
    Either that or a Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay game!!! YES please!
  • Nazjax#2857Nazjax#2857 Registered Users Posts: 2,557
    It has been long time ago I was thinking of a Skyrim version of Warhammer FB universe.

It could be a very cool game if not one of my favorites.
  • Goatforce#6625Goatforce#6625 Registered Users Posts: 8,450
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Goatforce said:

ArneSo said:

I just don’t like all these Dark souls game. Not my cup of tea.
    That's fair, they aren't for everyone. But if any universe could pull off a SoulsBorne game amazingly well, the WHFB one is it.
    Reeks said:

Goatforce said:

ArneSo said:

Each to their own I guess, but you have to admit you are rather in the minority with that opinion :tongue:

But I do think the issue with a Witcher style game is the possible lack of customisation and character selection. I think the strength of a Skyrim style RPG, or alternately something like Pillars of Eternity or Divinity Original Sin, is the ability to play as a variety of races and such.
  • XxXScorpionXxX#2310XxXScorpionXxX#2310 Registered Users Posts: 6,022
    Eldenring. But warhammer.
    Request scorched body textures, and fire death effects. At least 30% of all damage in this game comes from fire sources. Request Fire for the Fire God DLC.
  • MoongorMoongor Registered Users Posts: 125
    Witcher/Skyrim and not Elden Ring like please