Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

[Speculation] A Third Person Warhammer game in works from CA?

Comments

• Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,641

Eldenring. But warhammer.

Would be a hard pass for me.

Witcher or bust!
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • XxXScorpionXxX#2310XxXScorpionXxX#2310 Registered Users Posts: 6,022
    Moongor said:

Witcher/Skyrim and not Elden Ring like please

Request scorched body textures, and fire death effects. At least 30% of all damage in this game comes from fire sources. Request Fire for the Fire God DLC.
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,131
    Cool beans.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla Forum Terms & Conditions I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,131
    Moongor said:

Elden Ring is vastly better than Witcher or Skyrim. Vaaaastly.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla Forum Terms & Conditions I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,641

Moongor said:

No chance. Elden Ring better than Witcher 3? Good joke lol.
  • MoongorMoongor Registered Users Posts: 125

Moongor said:

LOL no, Elden Ring had 0 rpg inmersion
    Elden Ring honestly complements the setting better than Skyrim or Witcher would. The difficulty, the art style, storytelling via show don't tell. The distinctiveness of each area on the map. The way questlines are handled. And of course New Game Plus.
    Request scorched body textures, and fire death effects. At least 30% of all damage in this game comes from fire sources. Request Fire for the Fire God DLC.
    Moongor said:

Moongor said:

Elden Ring is a good game for those who like it. Probably even the game of the year.

But it’s a short living game that lives from Twitch hype. It will be forgotten very fast.

But it’s not comparable to Witcher 3 which is one of the best games ever made.
    Moongor said:

Moongor said:

lol the ****? If has a better rpg system than Skyrim. And I literally wrote an FAQ about Skyrim 15 years ago or how ever long ago it was.
  • saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,327
    ArneSo said:

Moongor said:

Moongor said:

Elden Ring is a good game for those who like it. Probably even the game of the year.

But it’s a short living game that lives from Twitch hype. It will be forgotten very fast.

I ve played both witcher has the better story ..

But game play wise elden ring straight up better if you know what your doing and much more replayble.

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

ArneSo said:

Moongor said:

Moongor said:

Elden Ring?
    saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

Moongor said:

Moongor said:

But game play wise elden ring straight up better if you know what your doing and much more replayble.

We don't even know what the story for ER is yet. We're still figuring it out and probably wont have a clear grasp until the DLC comes out.
    saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

Moongor said:

Moongor said:

That’s a matter of taste, Witcher 3 overall is still the better game considering what a massive effect it had on the gaming industry.

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

Moongor said:

Moongor said:

That’s a matter of taste, Witcher 3 overall is still the better game considering what a massive effect it had on the gaming industry.

...my guy. Elden Ring is the benchmark for action adventure rpgs for the foreseeable future. Everyone is going to try to copy them now even more than they tried to copy Dark Souls.
    ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

Moongor said:

Moongor said:

I mean i don't care about effects to gaming story.

The thing with witcher is once play the story you remember the story so well its boring to come back and play. Since you already know the story

ER has literally weak story so that doesn't matter..

The real difference is the amount of variety you get in play styles wicher had only variations of 1.

Elden ring has a lot of possibele play styles. Including the ability to play like a witcher.

edited July 6
    Elden Ring does not have a weak story. It was partly penned by George R.R. Martin for God's sake. It has unconventional storytelling methods same as Darksouls did, that in no way means it's bad. The story is one of my favorite parts of the FromSoft games. Looking intently at the level design, item descriptions and enemy placement to unravel lore of the world is extremely satisfying. And there is nothing wrong with watching Vaati's videos explaining the story either.

• MoongorMoongor Registered Users Posts: 125
    I would prefer Dragon Age/Skyrim /Witcher style with deep rpg, not just a "kill this boss or die simulator"
    Seriously, the Souls games aren't that hard. There are half a dozen games I can name of the top of my head that I struggle way more with to beat. Just get good at them.
  • AxiosXiphos#9040AxiosXiphos#9040 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,522
    edited July 6
    All I know is I've completed every TES game since daggerfall multiple times. Completed every witcher game at least once...

Elden ring I got bored with after about 3 hours of seemingly meaningless grinding and boss fights swinging between laughably easy and next to impossible (at my level).

Seriously I defeated two bosses without so much as taking damage- and then apparently went the wrong way or something and got destroyed in a single unblockable attack...

Terrible gameplay progression...

All I know is I've completed every TES game since daggerfall multiple times. Completed every witcher game at least once...

Elden ring I got bored with after about 3 hours of seemingly meaningless grinding and boss fights swinging between laughably easy and next to impossible (at my level).

Then that's a shame, you missed out on one of the best video game experiences of all time.
    edited July 6

Seriously I defeated two bosses without so much as taking damage- and then apparently went the wrong way or something and got destroyed in a single unblockable attack...

so because the game literally didn't hold your hand and tell you were to go every step of the adventure you quit.

I'm trying to imagine what my impression of Skyrim would have been if I went toward Windhelm instead of Whiterun and got immediately killed by a snow tiger then quit the game out of frustration.
  • Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 15,851

Elden Ring does not have a weak story. It was partly penned by George R.R. Martin for God's sake. It has unconventional storytelling methods same as Darksouls did, that in no way means it's bad. The story is one of my favorite parts of the FromSoft games. Looking intently at the level design, item descriptions and enemy placement to unravel lore of the world is extremely satisfying. And there is nothing wrong with watching Vaati's videos explaining the story either.

Yeah, From Software games have some very interesting lore but to know about it you really have to look for it.
    Oh and other than Boss Fights there is literally no barriers on the map for player progression. You can more or less go anywhere you want and complete the game out of order.

And there is no part of the game that you can't either

1) run past (there is no enemy faster than torrent)
    2) sneak past (100 dollars says all the people who quit didn't even try stealth once)
    3) summon other players (seriously this is a main part of the game and no one uses it then complains how hard the game is)

Dude its convoluted mess that makes no sense half the time

And when it does why this is so cringy.

Witcher story was miles ahead of this . Miles

And i didn't need to go find a random lore vedio to figure it out.

• Goatforce#6625Goatforce#6625 Registered Users Posts: 8,450
    ArneSo said:

Moongor said:

Moongor said:

What? I'm sorry but Elden Ring is not going to be a short lived game. The Dark Souls games (with the exclusion of 2) are considered classics, even if they are more niche. Elden Ring did far better commercially and is more accessible (even if I did prefer the more oppressive aesthetic of DS myself), it is going to be considered a modern classic and will probably occupy a similar niche in "gaming history", as one might call it, to Witcher 3.

In fact, though very different in how they play, they are similar in how they took fairly niche styles of games and broke into the mainsteam, and did it without sacrificing that which made their predecessors great on the alter of "mass appeal".

They are both remarkable games.

And byt the way I am a fan of the Witcher series (I am one of the few people I know who followed the game series from the very beginning), so I don't speak out of bias for either of the IPs.
    edited July 6
    saweendra said:

Dude its convoluted mess that makes no sense half the time

And when it does why this is so cringy.

Witcher story was miles ahead of this . Miles

And i didn't need to go find a random lore vedio to figure it out.
    1) It's not finished yet, we're getting DLC for this game for sure and if pervious Souls Games are an indicator there will be massive lore revelations in them. Also it makes plenty of sense, I'm curious what you even think you know about the story.

2) Not as cringy as trying to hate on something just because it's really popular.

3) Maybe, haven't played it. I'm sure it is well written. But I've seen Season 1 and 2 of the show and if it's similar, it's more or less standard "The Chosen One" fantasy tropes in an adult setting. But the titillation of seeing bare breasts in media wore off for me years ago. In which case I'd say the Lovecraft-esk setting of ER and the abstract concepts of death, life and rebirth it tackles are far more interesting.

4) Well... I don't, but specifically YOU do. Yes.
  • chaosdwarf#1649chaosdwarf#1649 Registered Users Posts: 103
    Warhammer MMO maybe?
    Well, Warhammer Mark of Chaos has been received mediocrely, same with Warhammer Age of Reckoning. Then CA created a quality Warhammer wargame. So they're gonna fix that too and do the same with MMO genre perhaps.
    edited July 6

Warhammer MMO maybe?
    Well, Warhammer Mark of Chaos has been received mediocrely, same with Warhammer Age of Reckoning. Then CA created a quality Warhammer wargame. So they're gonna fix that too and do the same with MMO genre perhaps.

Please no... I've got nothing against MMOs but I'd like just one solid single player fantasy adventure game in the warhammer setting.

I don't even care if it's more like DarkSouls or ElderScrolls just as long as its decent quality.
  • MonerisMoneris Registered Users Posts: 351
    I am one of those weirdos that likes both Witcher 3s engaging relatable storytelling and Elden Rings more vague environmental storytelling.

I hope that if CA is developing a 3rd person Warhammer game that its not plagued by the poor quality curse lots of other Warhammer games suffer.
  • AxiosXiphos#9040AxiosXiphos#9040 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,522

so because the game literally didn't hold your hand and tell you were to go every step of the adventure you quit.

I'm trying to imagine what my impression of Skyrim would have been if I went toward Windhelm instead of Whiterun and got immediately killed by a snow tiger then quit the game out of frustration.
    The fact the devs forgot progressional difficulty exists is not my fault...

I like challenging games; but only when they are fair. I took the wrong road and was met with an effective brick wall.

Not to mention I later discovered shield builds were apparently worthless...

There's no point discussing this here. Suffice to say I didn't enjoy it.
    They're going to have to decide early on which races and countries they want to include in the setting. Just keep it inside of the Empire and maybe Salvania?

What enemies will there be?

Greenskins?
    Chaos Warriors?
    Undead?
    Skaven?
    Beastmen?
    Daemons?
    Ogres?

You could find any and all of those inside the Empire. Will Dwarfs, Bretonnia, Kislev, High Elves, or Wood Elves feature in it at all?

How many hours of recorded dialogue. A game like Witcher or Elder Scrolls lives and dies on NPC spoken dialogue questlines.