Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

To all my fellow #JusticeForTzeentch'ers!

Comments

• Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 38,422

Not only did we get proper Tzeentch Mortals, but a truck load of proper looking Mortals for all the MonoGods.

Which means that our predictions that the MonoGods started heavy on daemons and would get Mortals trough DLC ended up being true.

The only scenario where they didn't get mortals was one where they didn't get DLC. I don't think anyone argued they wouldn't get DLC.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• Djau#5149Djau#5149 Registered Users Posts: 12,058

Not only did we get proper Tzeentch Mortals, but a truck load of proper looking Mortals for all the MonoGods.

Which means that our predictions that the MonoGods started heavy on daemons and would get Mortals trough DLC ended up being true.

The only scenario where they didn't get mortals was one where they didn't get DLC. I don't think anyone argued they wouldn't get DLC.
    Sotek and Great Book of Grudges did originally.

Nyxilis said:

Just at a faster click. I don't think anyone expected the full lot of marked warriors and things to be swooped up in a single DLC. Just about everyone was expecting a drip feed of mono updates. Oh hey, it's the nurgle marked warrior specifically.

Wasn't actually looking forward to that but as whole lump sum in a single DLC? Heck ya.
    I certainly didn't, but I'm sure as hell not going to complain about finally having proper MonoGods.

Honestly, this is the best case scenario unit wise, because now in future MonoGod DLCs they can focus on the proper unique stuff, like the ET units.
    Is it? Now there's effectively all killer and no filler left. They can't repeat it with BM without being bah-lasted.

They'll certainly get more in future but it is to some degree a blow in terms of volume.

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

Djau said:

Ahh. I stand corrected then. My mistake.

They'll probably argue that this isn't technically a Mono DLC, but that's a nothing argument.

Forum Terms & Conditions

edited July 21

Djau said:

They'll probably argue that this isn't technically a Mono DLC, but that's a nothing argument.
    It isn't though. Its a Warriors of Chaos DLC. It just so happens that the units get kick-backed to Monos. But Monos don't benefit from this DLC in any other way.

To be frank, it isn't even a lord pack. Its 'Warriors of Chaos Race Pack 2.0' relaunch.

• BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,982
    Djau said:

Djau said:

It isn't though. Its a Warriors of Chaos DLC. It just so happens that the units get kick-backed to Monos. But Monos don't benefit from this DLC in any other way.

To be frank, it isn't even a lord pack. Its 'Warriors of Chaos Race Pack 2.0' relaunch.
    The new Champions have marked mortals and daemons from their god with mechanics from their god. They are just a different flavor of monogods as far as I am concerned.
  • NazjaxNazjax Registered Users Posts: 2,515
    edited July 21
    Now it's time to ask unique ladders and defensive towers models and unique models for Spawn and Forsaken ! Cmon we can do it guys !
    Post edited by Nazjax on
    Bayes said:

Djau said:

Djau said:

The new Champions have marked mortals and daemons from their god with mechanics from their god. They are just a different flavor of monogods as far as I am concerned.
    Yeah, this.

The DLC is all about adding a veritable cornucopia of marked content. I can see it mattering to some, but to me it doesn't.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• Domokun84Domokun84 Registered Users Posts: 296
    This is what we in the industry like to colloquially call a "win win".

Not enough of that going around in the world
  • DTAPPSNZ#5477DTAPPSNZ#5477 Registered Users Posts: 2,329
    Nyxilis said:

DTAPPSNZ said:

Djau said:

"Storm in a Tea Cup" hahaha.

Was over like.... 9 months ago.
    Was a stupid slogan to begin with. Clearly enough people cared about the issue to push through a solution.
    If people still remember it then it was obviously a great slogan. Even if their memories are exactly wrong.

Regardless, this was always going to happen. The storm in the teacup idea was ultimately half right, but the storm itself changed nothing.
    You and your Alt are so full of crap

Took me like 1 minutes to find you contradicting yourself.
    Plus the 20+ other times they said equivalent things to others in the many different threads. It's like they expect everyone to have the memories of a goldfish.

Lets hear it to CA to listening customer base on this one.
    CA recognises real.
    Bayes said:

Djau said:

Djau said:

It has four WoC LLs and coincides with a WoC rework. It also has a WoC FLC. Its a WoC DLC. Monogods benefit from it roster wise, but its strictly not a Mono dlc.

Given that CA did say that Monos will get DLC, which should mean that any time after Chaos Dwarves we could be set for a Mono DLC (either in 4 LL format or traditional)

Domokun84 said:

This is what we in the industry like to colloquially call a "win win".

Not enough of that going around in the world

Awww yis!

Forum Terms & Conditions

Djau said:

Bayes said:

Djau said:

Djau said:

It has four WoC LLs and coincides with a WoC rework. It also has a WoC FLC. Its a WoC DLC. Monogods benefit from it roster wise, but its strictly not a Mono dlc.

Given that CA did say that Monos will get DLC, which should mean that any time after Chaos Dwarves we could be set for a Mono DLC (either in 4 LL format or traditional)
    I agree that it is technically a WoC dlc.
    But they are properly hybrid factions not just WoC factions so they are in part a monogod faction, they even share units and characters except LLs. I have no doubt we will get more god aligned dlc, but when the next mortal LL arrived would you really be that bothered if it was another WoC dlc?
  • Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,480

This.
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 10,741
    Bayes said:

Djau said:

Bayes said:

Djau said:

Djau said:

But they are properly hybrid factions not just WoC factions so they are in part a monogod faction, they even share units and characters except LLs. I have no doubt we will get more god aligned dlc, but when the next mortal LL arrived would you really be that bothered if it was another WoC dlc?
    WoC has 8 LLs, why the hell would I want a Race with 8 LLs to get more LLs over Races that only have 1?

Not to mention, that this are MonoGods, they need Mortal LLs, even more with the truck load of Mortals they are getting.

And I don't know you, but I prefer having LLs in Races that can confederate.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
    edited July 21

This.
    As above. I was wrong. I do remember some threada criticizing these opinions too.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,480
    edited July 21
    edited July 21
    Bayes said:

Djau said:

Bayes said:

Djau said:

Djau said:

I would.

I want WoC Undivided, WoC-Mono, Monogod and DoC all with valid reasons to play with none of these overshadowing the other. I just don't feel Traditional Recruitment/Building + Cults/Unholy Manifestations is much of a selling point here.

This.
    One of the first things about Monos that Sotek and Great Book of Grudges said when they were revealed was that they couldn't see how Monos would get DLC.

The only scenario where they didn't get mortals was one where they didn't get DLC.
    Your statement was right.
    Just cause a YT speculation vid , which quickly changed ideas, existed doesn’t dismiss this point.

Bayes said:

Djau said:

Bayes said:

Djau said:

Djau said:

WoC has 8 LLs, why the hell would I want a Race with 8 LLs to get more LLs over Races that only have 1?

Not to mention, that this are MonoGods, they need Mortal LLs, even more with the truck load of Mortals they are getting.

Because the race they belong to does not matter, if they have the monogod flavor then isn’t that what matters? If everything was exactly the same, like exactly the same, but they belonged to monogods instead I bet you would be happy with it.

The confederation part I have to agree with, but if CA implements the pokemon mechanic hopefully sooner rather than later then that does not matter either.
    Djau said:

Bayes said:

Djau said:

Bayes said:

Djau said:

Djau said:

I would.

I want WoC Undivided, WoC-Mono, Monogod and DoC all with valid reasons to play with none of these overshadowing the other. I just don't feel Traditional Recruitment/Building + Cults/Unholy Manifestations is much of a selling point here.

This.
    One of the first things about Monos that Sotek and Great Book of Grudges said when they were revealed was that they couldn't see how Monos would get DLC.
    GBoG saying that for a week only does not mean CA never planned on releasing the dlc.
    Djau said:

Bayes said:

Djau said:

Bayes said:

Djau said:

Djau said:

I would.

This.
    Yeah but isn’t that what we are getting now with mono WoC Champions? instead of cults and manifistations they have WoC mechanics instead, that makes them different. but they are still thematically monogods. Isn’t that the most important thing and not just the label.
    We were always getting the mortals, CA would have planned it along time before the storm in a teacup.

I’m happy people are happy.

But now we have unit spam as I predicted. RP trumps bloat cares I guess.
    Are people seriously saying without their justice for tzeentch this dlc with the warriors wouldn’t have been made????
    Bayes said:

Bayes said:

Djau said:

Bayes said:

Djau said:

Djau said:

Because the race they belong to does not matter, if they have the monogod flavor then isn’t that what matters? If everything was exactly the same, like exactly the same, but they belonged to monogods instead I bet you would be happy with it.

The confederation part I have to agree with, but if CA implements the pokemon mechanic hopefully sooner rather than later then that does not matter either.
    Except it absolutely matters, as I said, WoC at 8 LLs doesn't need anymore, the ones that need are the MonoGods at 1, Mortal LLs to lead their Mortal units.

The fact is that it wouldn't be the same, in the MonoGods the LLs would have to get new unique mechanics, they couldn't just slap MonoGod mechanics on them and call it a day, you are saying that it's okay for paid LLs to not get unique mechanics? Because that is what being in WoC ended up causing.

And CA literally said today in Discord that pokemoing isn't going to happen anytime soon because of all the complications it would mean, so no, that isn't acceptable at all and still wouldn't change the fact that I cannot start an Slaanesh campaign with Azazel.
    - Anonymous

Are people seriously saying without their justice for tzeentch this dlc with the warriors wouldn’t have been made????

I think this dlc was made in part because of how angry people were about the lack and quality of the mortals Yeah.
    Bayes said:

Bayes said:

Djau said:

Bayes said:

Djau said:

Djau said:

Because you would actually be playing the race.

If Drycha was part of the High Elves, but had the entire Wood Elf/High Elf Rosters plus her Beasts, along with all of the Wood Elf Mechanics plus all of the High Elf mechanics...and the only Wood Elf LL was Orion who had no bespoke mechanic. Could we then consider that Drycha basically replaces the need for playing Wood Elves?

I understand where your coming from, on an LL basis, but I'm looking at this from a Race-wide basis. If the four Champions were put in Monos, it would give an alternative playstyle to the Monogod factions and still give a reason to play Monos; while the player could play Archaon, Sigvald, Kholek or Be'lakor in a Monogod way that still would be distinct from the actual Monogods.

Bayes said:

I think this dlc was made in part because of how angry people were about the lack and quality of the mortals Yeah.
    Ok.
    I think it was planned long before.

But as another has said let’s be happy for a win win/spam situation.
    Most are happy. Spam doesn’t bother me it’s just redundant to me.

Its probably a case of priority. I believe if people were genuinely happy with the Monogod rosters before release, the first DLC would have been Chaos Dwarves.

Bayes said:

Djau said:

Bayes said:

Djau said:

Bayes said:

Djau said:

Djau said:

I would.

This.
    Yeah but isn’t that what we are getting now with mono WoC Champions? instead of cults and manifistations they have WoC mechanics instead, that makes them different. but they are still thematically monogods. Isn’t that the most important thing and not just the label.
    No, because they don't get all MonoGod mechanics or easy access to MonoGod units, heck, now you will see Valkia leading armies with mages of all things.

Sigvald was turned into an undivided character, how is that good in any way?
    - Anonymous
This discussion has been closed.