Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official Comment on Pre-Order exclusives and DLCs

2»

Comments

• Sirius 21Sirius 21 Senior Member Palermo, ItalyPosts: 1,619Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    mmurray821 wrote: »
    There was with Napoleon, so I am guessing that there will be one for FOTS.
    Maybe there won't be, because NTW has been released and sold as a separate game and CA advertised it as proper game (they used to say "it isn't an expansion"). On the other hand, FOTS is advertised as a stand alone expansion. Ok, it's stand alone but, still, it's an expansion and expansions don't have limited editions usually. Anyway, I hope I'm wrong.

Tatsunoshi wrote: »
    Looks like the USA WILL be getting the limited edition. Amazon has a new listing with box art that has appropriate region markings for the US and labeled as 'Limited Edition'.
    It has the same box art. Maybe Amazon wrote "limited edition" on it because of the pre-order bonus. Just like Play.com did. http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/28398351/Total-War-Shogun-2-Fall-Of-The-Samurai/Product.html?searchstring=shogun+2&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search
    Admin of Total War Games Italia Youtube channel
    TWGI clan
    Steam Profile
    My system - Case: Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced - PSU: Corsair HX 1000W - Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe - CPU: Intel Core i7 920 2.66Ghz - RAM: 6Gb Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz - Hard disks:Western Digital Velociraptor 600Gb 10000 RPM and WD Caviar Green 2Tb 7200 RPM - GPUs: CrossfireX XFX HD6950 2Gb XXX Edition - Sound card: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - DVD RW: Pioneer DVR-219L and Samsung SH-S223F
  • pafforjcpafforjc Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    I hope that the Amazon page is correct, but I got some contradictory info from Sega Customer Support a couple weeks ago.

Evan, Feb 23 11:17 (PST):
    Hi,

The limited edition is only being released in the UK.

Best Regards,
    SEGA Customer Support

xxxxxxxx, Feb 19 15:03 (PST):
    I would like to know if there will be a Limited Edition of FOTS for the United States? The reason I ask is that I like to have a hard copy or DVD of the game. I really don't like digital download. I like having the cd/dvd of all the games that I purchase.

I have noticed that the Limited Edition has been available for pre-order at various UK sites for several weeks now, but nothing is available in North America.

Please let me know if / when the Limited Edition will be available in the United States for pre-order. Thanks and take care.
  • xcmhxxcmhx Member Posts: 87Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    that's pretty f'd up to only release the limited edition in the uk. i'm not buying a steam version and sega store sucks it.

but why does the us version of the pre-order site still say "coming soon"? none of this is making sense and it's almost M23. *panic*
  • the bourgeoisiethe bourgeoisie Senior Member Posts: 625Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    well i can tell you right now, there is a limited edition in australia if you buy it in store, because when i was at ebgame just yesterday, it said it was there.
    Fear God, Honor King
  • darzininkasdarzininkas Member Posts: 41Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    Sharing my Fall of the Samurai preorder experience

Wanted to have CD for my collection, so I preordered at GAME (United Kingdom) almost at the time when preorders appear. A week or so, ago, received message, that my preorder is canceled due to “some reason”. Decided to support Sega directly and preordered it from SEGS store for 29.99 EU. The order processed thru gamesplanet.com, paypal was involved and payment made (no cancel option). Today I found that on gamesplanet.com, same service which handles SEGA preorders, it is possible to preorder Fall of the samurai for – 19.99 £

So if You do not want to pay 5 EU for 1 faction DLC, check this link

[URL="http://uk.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Total-War:-Shogun-2-Fall-of-the-Samurai-3019-43.html
    "]http://uk.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Total-War:-Shogun-2-Fall-of-the-Samurai-3019-43.html
    [/URL]
  • coolstucoolstu Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    i just bought the game and downloaded it. But every-time i try to play the game wont get past the first loading screen that says total war on it or somthing like that
  • coolstucoolstu Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    someone plzz help i just waited an hour and the game still wont load
  • darzininkasdarzininkas Member Posts: 41Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    coolstu wrote: »
    someone plzz help i just waited an hour and the game still wont load

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/35052-received-shogun-2-fall-of-the-samurai
  • p0xip0xi Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited May 2012
  • Jungle RhinoJungle Rhino Senior Member Posts: 287Registered Users
    edited May 2012
    p0xi wrote: »
    New entries appeared in steam registry. The Fall of Samurai faction DLCs are coming to steam store.

Shame they weren't made availalbe on or shortly after release I would have bought these.

Now of course I'm sick of FotS and playing something else so meh.
  • Hannibal BacaHannibal Baca Junior Member Posts: 9Registered Users
    edited August 2012
    Is there any way to buy pre-order Shogun2 ?
    Hannibal knew how to gain victories,but not how to use them.
  • masterslaymasterslay Junior Member Posts: 9Registered Users
    edited February 2014
    Dubious DLC Scheme. Shameless promotion with gamestop. Not enough focus on improvement, crashes and bugfix for this or previous games, always left in a mess, as soon as dlc is no longer spammed. Why buy any future total war if we all know they recieve same treatment? seem to me that games only recieve 2 years support, while most focus is on dlc and content creation and less on squishng bugs. I would buy the games, if I knew If they actually had a team who still worked on fixing the games after all contents been released i. But also again having exclusive dlc makes me puke. I refuse to buy any future total war games or dlc for shogun until everything has been released which means kawagoe castle.
  • dark as silverdark as silver Senior Member Posts: 1,510Registered Users
    edited February 2014
    is it possible to necro a stickied thread?
  • bbsky2015bbsky2015 Junior Member Posts: 10Registered Users
    edited August 2015
    Hi all,

I m a big fan of shogun 2. I have bought this game very early version. with Limited version (north american- US/Canada)

I move to asia (H.K), and play this game on steam. They said due to my region. I can't access to any dlc on steam shop. Which i want to get
    "Otomo" dlc pack. I didn't buy another gold edition because it is just on top of my limited edition which wasted it.
    I have a little request. Can you send me the pack to me instead, or give me suggest how to get it. I am sorry for a little over request. But i really want to try playing the Otomo pack as it is a little difference than other clans.

Thank you for helping me.
  • easytargeteasytarget Senior Member Posts: 2,338Registered Users
    edited August 2015
    bbsky,

It might be region locked, not sure what can be done about that.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • bbsky2015bbsky2015 Junior Member Posts: 10Registered Users
    edited August 2015
    easytarget wrote: »
    bbsky,

It might be region locked, not sure what can be done about that.

I know, that is why i hope creative assembly see this message and help me.
2»