Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Please, tell me these hobos are not the Tzeentch Marauders (cuz this looks beyond cheap)

ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Registered Users Posts: 912

The Warriors are cool and so are the Chosen...but these horrible common Marauders...urgh!

I seriously hope they are just regular Norsca Marauders, cuz this is beyond low ass cheap!
Team Monogods - #JusticeForTzeentch

Comments

• RockNRolla92#9743RockNRolla92#9743 Registered Users Posts: 2,294
    Pretty sure these are the Tzeentch Marauders. Unless they are unfinished
  • nyobien#9819nyobien#9819 Registered Users Posts: 327
    Agreed. Nurgle's Shrek marauders are **** too

Remove agents/heroes from the campaign map like Three Kingdoms did. They are not fun and only serve to make the game more tedious. Nobody finishes campaigns because of how tedious the late game becomes with things like this to manage every turn.

Grudges:

6 years old Lord of Change with unimpressive animations. CA hid the exalted one until launch and lied that it was like Kairos's: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/qak83o/so_turns_out_the_lord_of_change_in_the_trailer/.

CA put the Champions of Chaos LLs in WoC instead of monogods to save money on unique campaign mechanics

• Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,042
    Copy pasted Norscan Berserkers with a generic Marauder helmet.

Khorne Marauders are copy pasted marauder Champions.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • NickCageStoleMyFace#5594NickCageStoleMyFace#5594 Registered Users Posts: 2,754
    Kitbashed to look slightly different.

Modders will do better.
  • ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Registered Users Posts: 912
    DTAPPSNZ said:

Modders will do better.

Slightly? They are the very same generic Marauders. Even the tatoo is copy/pasted.

• Bonutz#3949Bonutz#3949 Registered Users Posts: 5,763
    We don’t know but regardless, I would reserve judgement on that until we see the units in proper gameplay videos. CA did say that the DLC is still a work in progress.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • NickCageStoleMyFace#5594NickCageStoleMyFace#5594 Registered Users Posts: 2,754

DTAPPSNZ said:

Modders will do better.

Slightly? They are the very same generic Marauders. Even the tatoo is copy/pasted.
    This will be the last time they will be able to use these WoC pack assets to me. I don’t wanna buy the same unit assets 4 times.
  • Nazjax#2857Nazjax#2857 Registered Users Posts: 2,557
    edited August 2022
    I want to see every unit in game right now...
    And their stats of course.

Just one week (valkia reveal) and maybe they will show us...

• Bayes#3307Bayes#3307 Senior Member NorwayRegistered Users Posts: 5,021
    I think the marauders are just reskins, which is a bit of a bummer. If you really care about marauders then by all means lose your mind over it.
  • GloatingSwine#8098GloatingSwine#8098 Registered Users Posts: 2,680
    Chaos Marauders *are* hobos.

They don't get the good stuff until they get to be Chaos Warriors.
    Khorne Marauders use Champion assets, wonder if they will have the same stats.
  • Red_Dox#2328Red_Dox#2328 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,609

I mean yeah, Tzeentch Marauders don't look like much but thats better then having green-skin :-/

------Red Dox
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,042
    Bayes said:

I think the marauders are just reskins, which is a bit of a bummer. If you really care about marauders then by all means lose your mind over it.

Not even reskins. Literally copy pasted Berserkers from Norsca.
  • Nazjax#2857Nazjax#2857 Registered Users Posts: 2,557
    By the way...

Nurgle Marauders who throw javelins ? They are not supposed to have this, even the mounted one is axe thrower for Nurgle and Khorne.
    ArneSo said:

Bayes said:

reskins, recolours. I just mean they didn't change any part of the model other than the skin.
    Bayes said:

Not even reskins. Barely recolours (Just the tattoos)

Remove agents/heroes from the campaign map like Three Kingdoms did. They are not fun and only serve to make the game more tedious. Nobody finishes campaigns because of how tedious the late game becomes with things like this to manage every turn.

Grudges:

6 years old Lord of Change with unimpressive animations. CA hid the exalted one until launch and lied that it was like Kairos's: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/qak83o/so_turns_out_the_lord_of_change_in_the_trailer/.

CA put the Champions of Chaos LLs in WoC instead of monogods to save money on unique campaign mechanics

Bayes said:

ArneSo said:

Bayes said:

reskins, recolours. I just mean they didn't change any part of the model other than the skin.
    Point is it’s low effort and cheap.
    ArneSo said:

Bayes said:

ArneSo said:

Bayes said:

Point is it’s low effort and cheap.
    Yeah I don't disagree with that.
  • ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Registered Users Posts: 912
    At least do what you did with the Warriors and gave them a new God-fitting helmet, for **** sake.

So far the Marauders look like hot garbage. Copy/pasted recolors.

And in the tech tree CA has included the art of a AoR Tzeentch Marauder with that mutated blade-arm... this is just painful.

Bayes said:

ArneSo said:

Bayes said:

They didn't even change the skin?

Grudges:

• OdTengri#8235OdTengri#8235 Registered Users Posts: 10,231
    ArneSo said:

Bayes said:

Not even Recolors...
  • Earlybird#2907Earlybird#2907 Registered Users Posts: 1,152
    Marauders are not supposed to be heavily mutated
    nyobien said:

Bayes said:

ArneSo said:

Bayes said:

They didn't even change the skin?
    I feel like this is really pedantic.
  • Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,368

At least do what you did with the Warriors and gave them a new God-fitting helmet, for **** sake.

So far the Marauders look like hot garbage. Copy/pasted recolors.

And in the tech tree CA has included the art of a AoR Tzeentch Marauder with that mutated blade-arm... this is just painful.

Well, it is CA. It is worth to remember that the rank up art of the Herald of Tzeentch depicts his TT miniature, but in-game model is a Pink Horror with a beak. Something went terribly wrong with Game3.
    The slaanesh marauders were good imo, but they were probably like that just because of the tww3 marauders. Honestly they should have done the minimum and added a new helmet + some new tattoos for the marauders.
  • whatabs#4509whatabs#4509 Registered Users Posts: 238
    Hey.. at least you got somewhat unique and lorefull Tzeentch warriors and chosen.
    Nurgle got shitted all over with re-textured moss green with Nurgle Chosen and Warriors.

So far the worst looking marked warriors are still Nurgle.

They have to fix that.
    whatabs said:

Hey.. at least you got somewhat unique and lorefull Tzeentch warriors and chosen.
    Nurgle got shitted all over with re-textured moss green with Nurgle Chosen and Warriors.

So far the worst looking marked warriors are still Nurgle.

They have to fix that.

I think nurgle was about on the same level as slaanesh and tzeentch. People had much higher expectations for nurgle is the difference imo.
  • SnakeMajinSnakeMajin Registered Users Posts: 601
    It does look like CA has abandonned Marauders in the Lord Pack, they don't seem to have a single unique asset.

I don't care about Marauders not being packed with a hell lot of unique and new assets, but I do care about them missing a little something and flavour when they represent 12 units out of 36 we are paying for.

The LP really has to cost the price of a normal LP. Otherwise that's a shame.
  • GreenColoured#2445GreenColoured#2445 Registered Users Posts: 6,960
    It's not great, and looks worse than Nurgle's.

Then again I'm not entirely sure what you could really do with Tzeentch marauders. At that level of devotion they're certainly not getting any of Tzeentch's blessings.

Though I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish all marauders were designed more like devotees of Slaanesh was. In Tzeentch's case I'm not too sure what they'd be. An eyeball on their chest ala Mordheim?