Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Please, tell me these hobos are not the Tzeentch Marauders (cuz this looks beyond cheap)

Comments

• BillybabelBillybabel Registered Users Posts: 774
    Bayes said:

whatabs said:

Hey.. at least you got somewhat unique and lorefull Tzeentch warriors and chosen.
    Nurgle got shitted all over with re-textured moss green with Nurgle Chosen and Warriors.

So far the worst looking marked warriors are still Nurgle.

They have to fix that.

I think nurgle was about on the same level as slaanesh and tzeentch. People had much higher expectations for nurgle is the difference imo.
    No, there are all these people saying that everyone was expecting blight kings but that's not true.

Like Tzneetch known for birds and eyes, his units have feathers and eyes

Slaanesh known for excess and pleasure, his units have jewels and curvy swords.

Nurgle know for decay sickness and rot, this units have....? Glowing green eyes? The oxidation texture from graveguard?

No decay, no sickness, and no rot anywhere on his model.
  • Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,368
    Bayes said:

whatabs said:

Hey.. at least you got somewhat unique and lorefull Tzeentch warriors and chosen.
    Nurgle got shitted all over with re-textured moss green with Nurgle Chosen and Warriors.

They have to fix that.

I think nurgle was about on the same level as slaanesh and tzeentch. People had much higher expectations for nurgle is the difference imo.
    They have as many* new parts as Tzeentch and Slaanesh. To me it looks like there are more Nurgle fans and they just aren't happy with their fighters not being full thematic remodels. Understandable.

*not many
  • OdTengri#8235OdTengri#8235 Registered Users Posts: 10,231
    Nazjax said:

By the way...

Nurgle Marauders who throw javelins ? They are not supposed to have this, even the mounted one is axe thrower for Nurgle and Khorne.

Yeah and it makes you wonder about the Tzeentch Marauder "spears" you see.
  • Bayes#3307Bayes#3307 Senior Member NorwayRegistered Users Posts: 5,021

Bayes said:

whatabs said:

They have to fix that.

They have as many* new parts as Tzeentch and Slaanesh. To me it looks like there are more Nurgle fans and they just aren't happy with their fighters not being full thematic remodels. Understandable.

*not many
    You say there are not many, but if it was flipped and all the new stuff got replaced with old stuff, and the old stuff got replaced with new stuff. Then they would look much more like the warriors from game 1.
  • damon40000#7640damon40000#7640 Registered Users Posts: 1,922
    they look ok, what do you expect from minons who are there only for meat shield
    BsFG dwarf
  • OdTengri#8235OdTengri#8235 Registered Users Posts: 10,231

They look ok.... Because Chaos Undivided Marauders look OK...

These look in no way different from the Undivided Marauders and I don't see why I should buy them a 2nd time.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,042
    OdTengri said:

They look ok.... Because Chaos Undivided Marauders look OK...

These look in no way different from the Undivided Marauders and I don't see why I should buy them a 2nd time.
    Just wait for a 20 € Kurgan DLC where 60% are copy pasted Marauders again.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • NickCageStoleMyFace#5594NickCageStoleMyFace#5594 Registered Users Posts: 2,754

Nurglings are meat shields and look amazing
  • Mr_Finley7#4571Mr_Finley7#4571 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,417
    They’re still not as bad as Nurgle marauders. What a **** lime green joke
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 1,345
    work in progress will be the official excuse here.

What you see is what you have.
    remember the blue knights of tzeentch.

• KirGeo#5270KirGeo#5270 Registered Users Posts: 1,126
    They are likely to be the generic undivided marauders that all the lords can get. If it turns out they are the marked ones would be very disappointed.
    We want all the factions Dogs of War, Araby, Ind, Kuresh, Nippon, Hobgoblin Khanate. Milk us CA.
  • nyobien#9819nyobien#9819 Registered Users Posts: 327
    CA had the audacity to say that the pack has 36 new units when 1/3 of them are units we paid for already

Remove agents/heroes from the campaign map like Three Kingdoms did. They are not fun and only serve to make the game more tedious. Nobody finishes campaigns because of how tedious the late game becomes with things like this to manage every turn.

Grudges:

6 years old Lord of Change with unimpressive animations. CA hid the exalted one until launch and lied that it was like Kairos's: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/qak83o/so_turns_out_the_lord_of_change_in_the_trailer/.

CA put the Champions of Chaos LLs in WoC instead of monogods to save money on unique campaign mechanics

• Tennisgolfboll#5877Tennisgolfboll#5877 Registered Users Posts: 13,481
    Yeah CA took a shortcut
  • NickCageStoleMyFace#5594NickCageStoleMyFace#5594 Registered Users Posts: 2,754
    Didn’t CA learn anything from the Cathay/Tzeentch reveal.

Modders can literally do this.
    nyobien said:

CA had the audacity to say that the pack has 36 new units when 1/3 of them are units we paid for already

Did they actually say that directly?
  • KirGeo#5270KirGeo#5270 Registered Users Posts: 1,126

nyobien said:

THe exact quote is "36 new ‘Marked’ versions of mortal Chaos units" in the CoC intro blog.
    We want all the factions Dogs of War, Araby, Ind, Kuresh, Nippon, Hobgoblin Khanate. Milk us CA.
    KirGeo said:

nyobien said:

THe exact quote is "36 new ‘Marked’ versions of mortal Chaos units" in the CoC intro blog.
    Wow. What an overtly dishonest claim
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,042
    KirGeo said:

They are likely to be the generic undivided marauders that all the lords can get. If it turns out they are the marked ones would be very disappointed.

Nope, they have the Norscan Berserker model and not the regular Marauder model.

You see that the problem… you can’t even say if it’s Undivided or Tzeentch…
  • JToegiTheSnotling#6624JToegiTheSnotling#6624 Registered Users Posts: 2,403
    ArneSo said:

Copy pasted Norscan Berserkers with a generic Marauder helmet.

Khorne Marauders are copy pasted marauder Champions.

I had extremely low expectations for marauders so I'm not surprised with how lame they look. Hopefully modders can do something about it.
  • GreenColoured#2445GreenColoured#2445 Registered Users Posts: 6,960
    ArneSo said:

KirGeo said:

Could probably use some eye and bird body paint
  • Passthechips#4366Passthechips#4366 Registered Users Posts: 1,521

ArneSo said:

KirGeo said:

It seems like the easiest solution to sprucing up the marauders would have been tattoos of monogod iconography/motifs. Can’t say I’m a fan of the Nurgle marauders all being uniformly green either.

ArneSo said:

KirGeo said:

And some Tzeentch iconography and some unique helmets.
  • Mogwai_Man#4978Mogwai_Man#4978 Registered Users Posts: 6,096
    This shouldn't be surprising, we'll see the red ones next week.
  • Bastilean#7242Bastilean#7242 Registered Users Posts: 2,945
    I think further marauder work could come with Norsca DLC/update.
  • XxXScorpionXxX#2310XxXScorpionXxX#2310 Registered Users Posts: 6,142
    I just get why they didn't reuse the mask for the Tzeentch Cultist. Color it silver and make it a little smaller, done.
    Request scorched body textures, and fire death effects. At least 30% of all damage in this game comes from fire sources. Request Fire for the Fire God DLC.
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,746
    Shrug.

These are as expected.
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
    edited August 2022
    The majority of this DLC is just the tabletop equivalent of kitbashing.
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,746

All of it is really.

All the budget seemingly went into the 4 LLs, the rework, and the Shrine.
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.

GW doesn’t sell kitbashed models though, your meant to make them yourself, or in the video game world mod them.
    edited August 2022
    DTAPPSNZ said:

GW doesn’t sell kitbashed models though, your meant to make them yourself, or in the video game world mod them.
    I know that, what CA did is the equivalent of kitbashing. A helm change here, a weapon swap there, etc. None of this is surprising though.