Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Please, tell me these hobos are not the Tzeentch Marauders (cuz this looks beyond cheap)

Comments

• Abhorash_DrSl#2943Abhorash_DrSl#2943 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 146
    edited August 2022

They were from one race, the warriors of chaos, until they were then put into Norsca and then the four monogod race factions. Yes that is what I am saying, the marauders should have 4 unique models unique from head to toe resemble the different chaos god. I don't think that's silly resource management, especially if that's what a lot of fans want and will pay money for it. What was silly resource management was creating several high detail assets for a generic chaos deamon called Daniel but that's just my opinion, some people might like him.

They are unique but if you don't appreciate the detail differences I don't know what to say, apart from yeah maybe a different face, helmet, armour and weapon for each marauder is reasonable enough for paid dlc.

I think it’s very silly resource management.
    I agree with Daniel being silly resource management too.
    Well I'm not counting the Slaanesh marauders because I think they do look different and great but it's took not making 3-9 models to make a lot of fans unhappy. Unit models and variations are probably the main draw for me to this game so i'll keep my fingers crossed to see some new designs. But the glass is about 2 3rds full Slaanesh great, Tzeentch 2 3rds great Nurgle terrible (my fave faction so hopefully this changes) and I'm sure Khorne will be great.
  • XxXScorpionXxX#2310XxXScorpionXxX#2310 Registered Users Posts: 6,142
    edited August 2022
    Nihil515 said:

Nihil515 said:

Actions speak louder than words.

A lot of pedantic stuff in the answers they give, and a posteriori justifications about the irrational decisions made by CA, but the truth is they are trying to collect the maximum with the minimum effort.

Who does not see it it is because they do not want to see it and are directing their gaze elsewhere, pretending that there is not an elephant in the room.

I know, right.

It's almost like CA is a company.
    Yes, and you now as a client, are the one who must decide whether to pay for a low-quality product to hope that later the modders, who do their job without charging a dime, come to fix the whole bag
    I never had a choice. The truth is CA had their hooks in me from the start. I'm planning to pre-order the DLC and everything.
    Request scorched body textures, and fire death effects. At least 30% of all damage in this game comes from fire sources. Request Fire for the Fire God DLC.
  • Djau#5149Djau#5149 Registered Users Posts: 12,171
    I'm actually ok with it. There should be an escalation in terms of aesthetics of Chaos marked units. Chaos Marauders should look least like their God, while Chosen/Aspiring Champions/Heroes/Lords look the most God-like.

• OdTengri#8235OdTengri#8235 Registered Users Posts: 10,231
    Djau said:

I'm actually ok with it. There should be an escalation in terms of aesthetics of Chaos marked units. Chaos Marauders should look least like their God, while Chosen/Aspiring Champions/Heroes/Lords look the most God-like.

Sure sure... but that's not the same thing as looking like any other Marauder.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,784
    Take it easy folks. It's a game not life or death...
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• NickCageStoleMyFace#5594NickCageStoleMyFace#5594 Registered Users Posts: 2,754
    edited August 2022

Exactly, people defending CA like.
  • Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,782
    Nihil515 said:

Nihil515 said:

A lot of pedantic stuff in the answers they give, and a posteriori justifications about the irrational decisions made by CA, but the truth is they are trying to collect the maximum with the minimum effort.

Who does not see it it is because they do not want to see it and are directing their gaze elsewhere, pretending that there is not an elephant in the room.

Nihil515 said:

Lol, the elephant of 5 types of mauraders?
    When they make the mammoth blue, pink, green, and red and sell it as a chaos-marked mammoth. We will laugh together.
    That’s quite funny.
    We will have a laugh then.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,782
    DTAPPSNZ said:

By defending, you mean the people who don’t think there is a problem with the different variations saying so.
    How many copies of the same unit do we need? 3 out of 5 or 6 sounds good.

DTAPPSNZ said:

By defending, you mean the people who don’t think there is a problem with the different variations saying so.
    How many copies of the same unit do we need? 3 out of 5 or 6 sounds good.
    Actually I think there are 7 versions….
  • 1v0#35621v0#3562 Registered Users Posts: 2,347
    edited August 2022
    Yeaaa I have a few problems with them.

1.Why put them behind payway - both Chaos and norsca already have them - Oh I get it is it because if you want to use them as Monogods you gotta pay ?
    2. If its just a reskin why was this not in ON LAUNCH ! I mean if it had new assets OK i would be OK we are paying for the new assets. But its just a reskins... What was the reskin not ready ?
    3. ONCE AGAIN ! No new assets just a reskin, EVEN I CAN DO IT and its behind a paywall...

If it was not just a reskin I would not mind it that much... But putting just reskins nothing more behind paywall... yeaaa...

EXTRA:
    This (the marauders and some other units) Could have been really easy part of the free update of WoC - remeber when the Empire got updated ! The new units (some of them even had new assets) for free ! Remember the Gaint slayers.... Remeber Vampire counts... the new lords... All of that was for free...
    WE USED TO GET STUFF LIKE THIS FOR FREE NOT BEHIND A PAYWALL...

A bit of sidetopic -
    The points above go also for the extra Forsaken,Marauder Horsemen(maybe) and the chariots ?!? Why put them behind a paywall when they are just a reskin ?!?!?
    Sorry this is needless padding to make that NEW UNITS number look bigger...

I mean at launch we already had chariots forsaken and chaos spawn ! Why put them behind a paywall (for monogods) now when at launch we got the same units ? Is it because new assets ?!? Nop they don't have new assets !?!
    What was the reskin not ready for launch ?!?
    Like - OK 2 gods got forsaken at launch but now you gotta pay so the other 2 get them too ?(Forsaken of Khorne Forsaken of Slaanesh).
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
    1v0 said:

Yeaaa I have a few problems with them.

1.Why put them behind payway - both Chaos and norsca already have them - Oh I get it is it because if you want to use them as Monogods you gotta pay ?
    2. If its just a reskin why was this not in ON LAUNCH ! I mean if it had new assets OK i would be OK we are paying for the new assets. But its just a reskins... What was the reskin not ready ?
    3. ONCE AGAIN ! No new assets just a reskin, EVEN I CAN DO IT and its behind a paywall...

If it was not just a reskin I would not mind it that much... But putting just reskins nothing more behind paywall... yeaaa...

A bit of sidetopic -
    The points above go also for the extra Forsaken,Marauder Horsemen(maybe) and the chariots ?!? Why put them behind a paywall when they are just a reskin ?!?!?
    Sorry this is needless padding to make that NEW UNITS number look bigger...

I mean at launch we already had chariots forsaken and chaos spawn ! Why put them behind a paywall (for monogods) now when at launch we got the same units ? Is it because new assets ?!? Nop they don't have new assets !?!
    What was the reskin not ready for launch ?!?
    Like - OK 2 gods got forsaken at launch but now you gotta pay so the other 2 get them too ?(Forsaken of Khorne Forsaken of Slaanesh).

It’s a dlc not a flc.
    Paywalls are what dlcs are.
    I get the units already exist, but if you want the red ones or whatever you need to buy the new content.

It’s not great, but that’s capitalism.
  • Pocman#6295Pocman#6295 Registered Users Posts: 5,760

It's not great, and looks worse than Nurgle's.

Then again I'm not entirely sure what you could really do with Tzeentch marauders. At that level of devotion they're certainly not getting any of Tzeentch's blessings.

Though I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish all marauders were designed more like devotees of Slaanesh was. In Tzeentch's case I'm not too sure what they'd be. An eyeball on their chest ala Mordheim?

Even personalised helmets and shields would have been enough.

Plus slaanesh marauders seem plenty blesses by their gods with no issue.
  • GreenColoured#2445GreenColoured#2445 Registered Users Posts: 6,960
    Pocman said:

It's not great, and looks worse than Nurgle's.

Then again I'm not entirely sure what you could really do with Tzeentch marauders. At that level of devotion they're certainly not getting any of Tzeentch's blessings.

Though I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish all marauders were designed more like devotees of Slaanesh was. In Tzeentch's case I'm not too sure what they'd be. An eyeball on their chest ala Mordheim?

Even personalised helmets and shields would have been enough.

Plus slaanesh marauders seem plenty blesses by their gods with no issue.
    I've considered giving each marauder different body paint to depict the animal that represents their respective gods. Add some eagle motif to Tzeentch gears, Snake for Slaanesh, Crow for Nurgle, dog motifs for Khorne marauders. Also be a neat little callback to how Norsca dedicate their victories to their gods in the form of those animals.

Gee I wonder what will happen to that mechanic in IE when they get their rework, because it was fun erecting totems everywhere.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,042
    Djau said:

Being more grounded is fine, but right now they are just regular Marauders. To an extent where we can’t even say if they are Tzentchian or just regular undivided.

So at least give them unique helmets, shields and some iconography here and there.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
    ArneSo said:

Djau said:

Being more grounded is fine, but right now they are just regular Marauders. To an extent where we can’t even say if they are Tzentchian or just regular undivided.

So at least give them unique helmets, shields and some iconography here and there.
    Be neat if they gave Nurgle Marauders those Nurgle Sticks the Nurgle Cultists fight with. I'd say something less ornate, but...I don't think you can get much less ornate than the ones that hero unit already uses.

And again, animal motifs for the marauders would have went a long way
  • Mr_Finley7#4571Mr_Finley7#4571 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,417

ArneSo said:

Djau said:

Be neat if they gave Nurgle Marauders those Nurgle Sticks the Nurgle Cultists fight with. I'd say something less ornate, but...I don't think you can get much less ornate than the ones that hero unit already uses.

Or even slightly different weapons, mb swords for Slaaneshi marauders, maces or cleavers for Nurglites, etc etc

ArneSo said:

Djau said:

Or even slightly different weapons, mb swords for Slaaneshi marauders, maces or cleavers for Nurglites, etc etc
    If we use easy to pull reusable assets, the Crypt Ghoul bone weapons would be a perfect fit for Nurgle Marauders. And if there are Great Weapon Marauders, they could also carry the Crypt Horror mace in two hands.

Slaanesh and Tzeentch could definitely wield swords while Khorne can keep their axes, but maybe stick a warhound head on one of their shoulders or shield the same way they stuck a mini-Varghulf on the Blood Dragon Lord's shoulder.
  • Mr_Finley7#4571Mr_Finley7#4571 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,417

ArneSo said:

Djau said:

If we use easy to pull reusable assets, the Crypt Ghoul bone weapons would be a perfect fit for Nurgle Marauders. And if there are Great Weapon Marauders, they could also carry the Crypt Horror mace in two hands.

Slaanesh and Tzeentch could definitely wield swords while Khorne can keep their axes, but maybe stick a warhound head on one of their shoulders or shield the same way they stuck a mini-Varghulf on the Blood Dragon Lord's shoulder.
    Love it
  • Reeks#2417Reeks#2417 Registered Users Posts: 10,366
    Low effort

If CA can skimp they will

Simple as...

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

#JusticeForNurglingForumAvatars
  • Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,368
    Bayes said:

Bayes said:

whatabs said:

Hey.. at least you got somewhat unique and lorefull Tzeentch warriors and chosen.
    Nurgle got shitted all over with re-textured moss green with Nurgle Chosen and Warriors.

So far the worst looking marked warriors are still Nurgle.

They have to fix that.

I think nurgle was about on the same level as slaanesh and tzeentch. People had much higher expectations for nurgle is the difference imo.
    They have as many* new parts as Tzeentch and Slaanesh. To me it looks like there are more Nurgle fans and they just aren't happy with their fighters not being full thematic remodels. Understandable.

*not many
    You say there are not many, but if it was flipped and all the new stuff got replaced with old stuff, and the old stuff got replaced with new stuff. Then they would look much more like the warriors from game 1.
    I won't say that helmets aren't important in building silhouette or first glance experience, after all that's the trap a portion of the community fell for. But other parts are important too. Truly unique pauldrons would have made a big difference. And in general, monogods are now a thing and should be given quality on the same level as other base races.
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,746

Bayes said:

Bayes said:

whatabs said:

Hey.. at least you got somewhat unique and lorefull Tzeentch warriors and chosen.
    Nurgle got shitted all over with re-textured moss green with Nurgle Chosen and Warriors.

They have to fix that.

I think nurgle was about on the same level as slaanesh and tzeentch. People had much higher expectations for nurgle is the difference imo.
    They have as many* new parts as Tzeentch and Slaanesh. To me it looks like there are more Nurgle fans and they just aren't happy with their fighters not being full thematic remodels. Understandable.

*not many
    You say there are not many, but if it was flipped and all the new stuff got replaced with old stuff, and the old stuff got replaced with new stuff. Then they would look much more like the warriors from game 1.
    I won't say that helmets aren't important in building silhouette or first glance experience, after all that's the trap a portion of the community fell for. But other parts are important too. Truly unique pauldrons would have made a big difference. And in general, monogods are now a thing and should be given quality on the same level as other base races.
    I don't care about Marauders. I just wish Warriors were properly unique.
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • MadDokta#6766MadDokta#6766 Registered Users Posts: 456
    edited August 2022
    *Sighs* I don't know why I'm wading into alt-accounts thing, but screw it. If, IF, Fingolfin is Vanilla's alt, it would be a very weird thing they got going on, because I vaguely remember a year or so ago Fingolfin going on this weird compulsion about smushing together Khuresh, Ind and Nippon as a lord pack for Cathay, with an especially vigorous 'hard on' for making Nippon specifically simply a lord pack for Cathay. Some of us took great offence to that, including Vanilla if I recall correctly, and tried to tear him down for his ignorance at including some vastly different cultural groups into one vague 'East Asian race'. He/they even tried to claim I was calling them racist when I was simply saying they were ignorant (they even pmed me to say that they were Samoan and so they somehow knew even more than me about not being represented, despite me being half-Thai and them having possibly the 'biggest' actor in the world representing them at the moment *cough*The Rock*cough*). I do remember Vanilla being very strong against doing that to the Far Eastern Races, so yeah it would be weird if they were alts fighting against each other in a made-up dichotomy.

But anyways on topic, while I would obviously prefer more visually distinct Marauders and the type (who honestly would not choose that option if presented with it?), I will not wail and tear my hair out if Marauders got short-changed since, well, they're Marauders and they're at the bottom of the worship food chain, so they probably wouldn't be getting all the visual changes and marks of favour yet *shrugs*
  • Hourgath_the_Hutrid#4920Hourgath_the_Hutrid#4920 Registered Users Posts: 902
    Ya agree its not even funny. There is no defending that
  • Theo91#7431Theo91#7431 Registered Users Posts: 2,971
    edited August 2022
    I’m really disappointed with the marauders. The khorne ones look ok but tzeench and particularly nurgle look awful.

The dlc itself looks fun so I’m not all negative
    Post edited by BillyRuffian#6250 on
  • BillyRuffian#6250BillyRuffian#6250 Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 40,913
    Several off-topic comments removed. The topic here is Tzeentch Marauders, please discuss that without the personal commentary.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,368

Bayes said:

Bayes said:

whatabs said:

They have to fix that.

*not many
    I say low tier units matter as much as high tier ones. It's all about the full experience.
  • NickCageStoleMyFace#5594NickCageStoleMyFace#5594 Registered Users Posts: 2,754

Bayes said:

Bayes said:

whatabs said:

They have to fix that.

*not many
    I say low tier units matter as much as high tier ones. It's all about the full experience.
    Especially because you need Marauders to get the high tier units. That’s the whole WoC mechanic. Marauders have now become essential.
  • ArchinaticArchinatic Registered Users Posts: 3
    These Tzeentch marauders are wearing pants though. No normal marauder would ever consider such blasphemy.

These Tzeentch marauders are wearing pants though. No normal marauder would ever consider such blasphemy.

Because they stole the Marauder Champions pants

• Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,042
    DTAPPSNZ said:

Because they stole the Marauder Champions pants

Actually it’s the copy pasted Norscan Berserker Model which use the same assets as the Champions.
    Summon the Elector Counts!