Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Please, tell me these hobos are not the Tzeentch Marauders (cuz this looks beyond cheap)

Comments

• Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,746

Bayes said:

Bayes said:

whatabs said:

Hey.. at least you got somewhat unique and lorefull Tzeentch warriors and chosen.
    Nurgle got shitted all over with re-textured moss green with Nurgle Chosen and Warriors.

So far the worst looking marked warriors are still Nurgle.

They have to fix that.

I think nurgle was about on the same level as slaanesh and tzeentch. People had much higher expectations for nurgle is the difference imo.
    They have as many* new parts as Tzeentch and Slaanesh. To me it looks like there are more Nurgle fans and they just aren't happy with their fighters not being full thematic remodels. Understandable.

*not many
    You say there are not many, but if it was flipped and all the new stuff got replaced with old stuff, and the old stuff got replaced with new stuff. Then they would look much more like the warriors from game 1.
    I won't say that helmets aren't important in building silhouette or first glance experience, after all that's the trap a portion of the community fell for. But other parts are important too. Truly unique pauldrons would have made a big difference. And in general, monogods are now a thing and should be given quality on the same level as other base races.
    I don't care about Marauders. I just wish Warriors were properly unique.
    I say low tier units matter as much as high tier ones. It's all about the full experience.
    I disagree. It feels more realistic to have lower tiers get less gifts.
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,746

These Tzeentch marauders are wearing pants though. No normal marauder would ever consider such blasphemy.

Pants in the wilderness? No, no.
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • NickCageStoleMyFace#5594NickCageStoleMyFace#5594 Registered Users Posts: 2,754
    edited August 2022
    ArneSo said:

DTAPPSNZ said:

These Tzeentch marauders are wearing pants though. No normal marauder would ever consider such blasphemy.

Because they stole the Marauder Champions pants

Actually it’s the copy pasted Norscan Berserker Model which use the same assets as the Champions.
    I pray they don’t just add hats to the dwarf models and call them chaos dwarfs
  • MatST#9114MatST#9114 Registered Users Posts: 180
    @ScreamimgEnvy are you getting paid by someone to say "cheap" to every single unit you can get a screengrab of? It's like the forum just learned the word and looks for every occasion to use it.
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 1,345
    It's useless to argue here with those 2 or 3 adoring CA members, who could possibly be the same person on different accounts.

CA created a problem, is now trying to sell the solution, charging for these tzeentch marauders is a shame.

Not everything has to be unique, but at least the level of change made with the Khorne Minotaurs should be the minimum acceptable.
    They've changed slightly, but they seem exclusive, unlike 90% of this dlc which are poor, ugly units held back from release to be released 6 months later on a paywall.

But yes they are only marauders, who cares, right?
    feel free to pre-order 4 marauders with new colors.

• Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,368

Bayes said:

Bayes said:

whatabs said:

Hey.. at least you got somewhat unique and lorefull Tzeentch warriors and chosen.
    Nurgle got shitted all over with re-textured moss green with Nurgle Chosen and Warriors.

They have to fix that.

I think nurgle was about on the same level as slaanesh and tzeentch. People had much higher expectations for nurgle is the difference imo.
    They have as many* new parts as Tzeentch and Slaanesh. To me it looks like there are more Nurgle fans and they just aren't happy with their fighters not being full thematic remodels. Understandable.

*not many
    You say there are not many, but if it was flipped and all the new stuff got replaced with old stuff, and the old stuff got replaced with new stuff. Then they would look much more like the warriors from game 1.
    I won't say that helmets aren't important in building silhouette or first glance experience, after all that's the trap a portion of the community fell for. But other parts are important too. Truly unique pauldrons would have made a big difference. And in general, monogods are now a thing and should be given quality on the same level as other base races.
    I say low tier units matter as much as high tier ones. It's all about the full experience.
    Less gifts shouldn't mean reused armours. Their dedication should be shown.
  • AxiosXiphos#9040AxiosXiphos#9040 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,697
    xDEMOSx said:

It's useless to argue here with those 2 or 3 adoring CA members, who could possibly be the same person on different accounts.

CA created a problem, is now trying to sell the solution, charging for these tzeentch marauders is a shame.

Not everything has to be unique, but at least the level of change made with the Khorne Minotaurs should be the minimum acceptable.
    They've changed slightly, but they seem exclusive, unlike 90% of this dlc which are poor, ugly units held back from release to be released 6 months later on a paywall.

People can decide for themselves what's acceptable or not. If you don't like it - vote with your wallet.

xDEMOSx said:

People can decide for themselves what's acceptable or not. If you don't like it - vote with your wallet.
    That's exactly what I'm saying, you make my point like it's a counterpoint.

Feel free to buy 4 Chaos Marauders in different colors.

But reading like this it was clear that the problem was not the freedom of others to buy, which I didn't attack, you got angry to read the comment, didn't you?
    That's great, I hope you get even more annoyed with the answer!

• NickCageStoleMyFace#5594NickCageStoleMyFace#5594 Registered Users Posts: 2,754
    xDEMOSx said:

xDEMOSx said:

But reading like this it was clear that the problem was not the freedom of others to buy, which I didn't attack, you got angry to read the comment, didn't you?
    I might not buy this one right away, I love chaos but they keep using stuff that I’ve already bought three times before.

Would rather wait until this goes on a big sale. I’ve got so much content already.

Bayes said:

Bayes said:

whatabs said:

They have to fix that.

*not many
    Cept there are no gifts at all with these models.
  • Gunter_von_StroheimGunter_von_Stroheim Registered Users Posts: 96
    And in addition, there will be 5 new models in the DLC, including LL and warshine. Well, it's actually very little, in fact most of the work is a remake of WoC, which is supposedly free, but obviously they will beat this price with the help of dlc. In addition, they knew about the problem of Tzeentch warriors, but they still use reskinning, although not the worst, but along with this they add even more low-quality content in the form of marauders. So why buy this DLC to play specifically for, say, Vilitch or other LL? Because everything else is just WoC + Mono, which you already have... well, ok, but apparently only on the Steam sale.
  • Maidros98Maidros98 IranRegistered Users Posts: 550
    Jote191 said:

ArneSo said:

Copy pasted Norscan Berserkers with a generic Marauder helmet.

Khorne Marauders are copy pasted marauder Champions.

I had extremely low expectations for marauders so I'm not surprised with how lame they look. Hopefully modders can do something about it.
    Modders shouldn't be the solution for everything though.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,042
    DTAPPSNZ said:

ArneSo said:

DTAPPSNZ said:

Actually it’s the copy pasted Norscan Berserker Model which use the same assets as the Champions.
    Nah they will reuse the Hellcannon crew for every unit.

Summon the Elector Counts!
    ArneSo said:

DTAPPSNZ said:

ArneSo said:

DTAPPSNZ said:

Ahhhhhh the WoC Pre-Order, The gift that keeps on giving - CA 4 years from now.
  • hillbillymachinegunhillbillymachinegun Registered Users Posts: 465
    Apart from maybe the Slaanesh Marauders who at least got different helmets and shields than the undivided ones (albeit helmets and shields that were already in the game), the marauders we've seen so far are very short of DLC quality.

I expect something like this when getting a new faction color scheme, not a new unit.

Seriously, when we got the bright yellow-green saurus and skinks with Tehenhauin, they didn't try to sell it to us as a whole brand new roster of Sotek-marked lizards.

They need to do better than this.
  • Walfur#1660Walfur#1660 Registered Users Posts: 55

And in addition, there will be 5 new models in the DLC, including LL and warshine. Well, it's actually very little, in fact most of the work is a remake of WoC, which is supposedly free, but obviously they will beat this price with the help of dlc. In addition, they knew about the problem of Tzeentch warriors, but they still use reskinning, although not the worst, but along with this they add even more low-quality content in the form of marauders. So why buy this DLC to play specifically for, say, Vilitch or other LL? Because everything else is just WoC + Mono, which you already have... well, ok, but apparently only on the Steam sale.

Don´t forget that without buying this DLC your Monogods will not have access to dedicated mortal units outside of the 3 FLC ones.... Which, given that these DLC units add, effectively, entire frontlines as well as cavalry to some of the monogods is kind of convenient that they didn´t have these in the first place.....
  • GreenColoured#2445GreenColoured#2445 Registered Users Posts: 6,960
    DTAPPSNZ said:

ArneSo said:

DTAPPSNZ said:

The model? Almost certainly with some exceptions. They have the main body nailed down so it's a matter of giving them the right armour, gears, and possibly animations.

I don't see people complaining that Wood Elf High Elf and Dark Elf Spearmen use the same model but with different clothes. Or Empire Soldiers and Men At Arms.

Sometimes there's only so much you can do and if the assets work, why not reuse them.
  • Nazjax#2857Nazjax#2857 Registered Users Posts: 2,557
    edited August 2022

DTAPPSNZ said:

ArneSo said:

DTAPPSNZ said:

The model? Almost certainly with some exceptions. They have the main body nailed down so it's a matter of giving them the right armour, gears, and possibly animations.

I don't see people complaining that Wood Elf High Elf and Dark Elf Spearmen use the same model but with different clothes. Or Empire Soldiers and Men At Arms.

Sometimes there's only so much you can do and if the assets work, why not reuse them.
    Because they don't ?

Look faces of Men at arms and Empire soldiers.

Look HE and WE faces, it's clear they are different too.

• Pede#6322Pede#6322 Registered Users Posts: 2,033
    "Hobo-warriors of Tzeentch" sure does have a nice ring to it!

• tomdoof#6883tomdoof#6883 Junior Member washingtonRegistered Users Posts: 200
    Yeah these marauders are pretty low effort, having purchased the chaos DLC and the norsca DLC I feel like I'm buying these marauders again a 3rd time. Honestly I would not care about the marauders as much if the chaos warrior/knight/chosen were done better. While I like the helm swaps this whole DLC is feeling a little low effort and rushed IMO at least as far as the units go, mechanics and lords look great tho. IDK I really hope warhammer 3 does not turn into a cheap cash grab.

• Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,042
    DTAPPSNZ said:

ArneSo said:

DTAPPSNZ said:

ArneSo said:

DTAPPSNZ said:

Ahhhhhh the WoC Pre-Order, The gift that keeps on giving - CA 4 years from now.
    They have to save as much resources as possible for Hyena. 😂
    Summon the Elector Counts!
    edited August 2022

DTAPPSNZ said:

ArneSo said:

DTAPPSNZ said:

Brilliant

High Elves, Dark Elves and Wood Elves are very distinct from each other, I don't know what you are talking about. They all have different models.

I'm not talking about the mesh and skeleton if that's what your thinking.
  • Schub#9514Schub#9514 Registered Users Posts: 1,619
    xDEMOSx said:

xDEMOSx said:

Yeah because these four marauders are the only new content this DLC offers!
  • OdTengri#8235OdTengri#8235 Registered Users Posts: 10,231

Bayes said:

Bayes said:

whatabs said:

They have to fix that.

*not many
    This isn't about "Gifts" or Mutations, this is about not even wearing the right sports Jersey.

Its like shooting a Promo for the Pittsburg Steelers with a bunch of blokes wearing Jerseys for the Boston Red Sox
    Schub said:

xDEMOSx said:

xDEMOSx said:

And even , there is also :
    + 3 NEW recolored chariots.
    + 4 NEW recolored marauder horsemen.
    + 4 NEW stylish chosen ones with NEW helmets to match the NEW shield, and nothing else.
    + 3 NEW warriors with new helmets (maybe), and more 4 of those on chaos steeds.
    + 3 NEW chaos sorcerers heroes, recolored as always, and I suspect khorne is the same with melle hero.
    + 4 NEW generic Lords not shown so far.
    + 5 NEW warshrine chaos, one being NEW and the rest reeskined.

and 4 really unique brand new LL's (except for the mechanic which is basically reuse of monogods), which are WoC rather than their patron gods list.

TONS of new incredible content.

• GreenColoured#2445GreenColoured#2445 Registered Users Posts: 6,960
    Nazjax said:

DTAPPSNZ said:

ArneSo said:

DTAPPSNZ said:

Because they don't ?

They have an elaborately different skin with different assets attached. But it's the same model underneath it all. Compare their core to, say, clan rat and saurus infantry who might not ever be able to hold the same posture and animation set no matter how hard you try.

How do you think CA created all these diverse races while staying within budget. Games do this all of the time.
  • Bayes#3307Bayes#3307 Senior Member NorwayRegistered Users Posts: 5,021
    xDEMOSx said:

Schub said:

xDEMOSx said:

xDEMOSx said:

+ 4 NEW stylish chosen ones with NEW helmets to match the NEW shield, and nothing else.
    + 3 NEW chaos sorcerers heroes, recolored as always, and I suspect khorne is the same with melle hero.

and 4 really unique brand new LL's (except for the mechanic which is basically reuse of monogods), which are WoC rather than their patron gods list.

Chariots use the new warriors

Chosen have new weapon, shield and helmet + some minor stuff.

Warriors new stuff in the same areas as chosen also new cloak

Knights are chosen with cloak

Heroes/lords, new helmet weapons and cloak. + some minor stuff somewhere.

Warshrine mounts all have unique giant symbol + different riders.

Last point, chosen and warriors are more unique this way than if everything else was new and what we got was old. Think about it.
  • Nazjax#2857Nazjax#2857 Registered Users Posts: 2,557

Nazjax said:

DTAPPSNZ said:

ArneSo said:

DTAPPSNZ said:

Because they don't ?

They have an elaborately different skin with different assets attached. But it's the same model underneath it all. Compare their core to, say, clan rat and saurus infantry who might not ever be able to hold the same posture and animation set no matter how hard you try.

How do you think CA created all these diverse races while staying within budget. Games do this all of the time.
    If you talk about animations then yes. But if we talk about model it's different.

Repanse has the same animations as empire greatsword yet the model is different.
    edited August 2022

Nazjax said:

DTAPPSNZ said:

ArneSo said:

DTAPPSNZ said:

Because they don't ?

I think your getting model confused with skeleton and rigging. Algoods
  • OdTengri#8235OdTengri#8235 Registered Users Posts: 10,231
    Bayes said:

xDEMOSx said:

Schub said:

xDEMOSx said:

xDEMOSx said:

Chariots use the new warriors

Chosen have new weapon, shield and helmet + some minor stuff.

Warriors new stuff in the same areas as chosen also new cloak

Knights are chosen with cloak

Heroes/lords, new helmet weapons and cloak. + some minor stuff somewhere.

Warshrine mounts all have unique giant symbol + different riders.

Last point, chosen and warriors are more unique this way than if everything else was new and what we got was old. Think about it.
    So your confirming that there's hardly any new assets? Because that's what it sounds like your confirming.