Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Please, tell me these hobos are not the Tzeentch Marauders (cuz this looks beyond cheap)

Comments

• Bayes#3307Bayes#3307 Senior Member NorwayRegistered Users Posts: 5,021
    OdTengri said:

Bayes said:

xDEMOSx said:

Schub said:

xDEMOSx said:

xDEMOSx said:

It's useless to argue here with those 2 or 3 adoring CA members, who could possibly be the same person on different accounts.

CA created a problem, is now trying to sell the solution, charging for these tzeentch marauders is a shame.

Not everything has to be unique, but at least the level of change made with the Khorne Minotaurs should be the minimum acceptable.
    They've changed slightly, but they seem exclusive, unlike 90% of this dlc which are poor, ugly units held back from release to be released 6 months later on a paywall.

But yes they are only marauders, who cares, right?
    feel free to pre-order 4 marauders with new colors.

People can decide for themselves what's acceptable or not. If you don't like it - vote with your wallet.
    That's exactly what I'm saying, you make my point like it's a counterpoint.

Feel free to buy 4 Chaos Marauders in different colors.

But reading like this it was clear that the problem was not the freedom of others to buy, which I didn't attack, you got angry to read the comment, didn't you?
    That's great, I hope you get even more annoyed with the answer!
    Yeah because these four marauders are the only new content this DLC offers!
    And even , there is also :
    + 3 NEW recolored chariots.
    + 4 NEW recolored marauder horsemen.
    + 4 NEW stylish chosen ones with NEW helmets to match the NEW shield, and nothing else.
    + 3 NEW warriors with new helmets (maybe), and more 4 of those on chaos steeds.
    + 3 NEW chaos sorcerers heroes, recolored as always, and I suspect khorne is the same with melle hero.
    + 4 NEW generic Lords not shown so far.
    + 5 NEW warshrine chaos, one being NEW and the rest reeskined.

and 4 really unique brand new LL's (except for the mechanic which is basically reuse of monogods), which are WoC rather than their patron gods list.

TONS of new incredible content.
    Chariots use the new warriors

Chosen have new weapon, shield and helmet + some minor stuff.

Warriors new stuff in the same areas as chosen also new cloak

Knights are chosen with cloak

Heroes/lords, new helmet weapons and cloak. + some minor stuff somewhere.

Warshrine mounts all have unique giant symbol + different riders.

Last point, chosen and warriors are more unique this way than if everything else was new and what we got was old. Think about it.
    So your confirming that there's hardly any new assets? Because that's what it sounds like your confirming.
    No I am confirming the opposite, if all the new assets were old and all the old assets were new, the warriors and chosen would have looked more generic.
  • Pocman#6295Pocman#6295 Registered Users Posts: 5,760
    Bayes said:

xDEMOSx said:

Schub said:

xDEMOSx said:

xDEMOSx said:

It's useless to argue here with those 2 or 3 adoring CA members, who could possibly be the same person on different accounts.

CA created a problem, is now trying to sell the solution, charging for these tzeentch marauders is a shame.

Not everything has to be unique, but at least the level of change made with the Khorne Minotaurs should be the minimum acceptable.
    They've changed slightly, but they seem exclusive, unlike 90% of this dlc which are poor, ugly units held back from release to be released 6 months later on a paywall.

People can decide for themselves what's acceptable or not. If you don't like it - vote with your wallet.

But reading like this it was clear that the problem was not the freedom of others to buy, which I didn't attack, you got angry to read the comment, didn't you?
    + 4 NEW stylish chosen ones with NEW helmets to match the NEW shield, and nothing else.
    + 3 NEW chaos sorcerers heroes, recolored as always, and I suspect khorne is the same with melle hero.

and 4 really unique brand new LL's (except for the mechanic which is basically reuse of monogods), which are WoC rather than their patron gods list.

Last point, chosen and warriors are more unique this way than if everything else was new and what we got was old. Think about it.
    So he is basically right?

The animations of the jabberslythe took more work than all the above combined, maybe excepting the shrine.
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 1,345
    Pocman said:

Bayes said:

xDEMOSx said:

Schub said:

xDEMOSx said:

xDEMOSx said:

So he is basically right?

The animations of the jabberslythe took more work than all the above combined, maybe excepting the shrine.
    It's the third time today, I think, that they tried to say something that I had already said in my comment as if it were a counterpoint.

Go figure.

The problem with the bies comment, is that he counts chariots and knights as if it were a "new" model, it's not, just a "new model" like marauder was made and placed on foot, on horse and chariot.

And not only did big monsters have new models and animations, all LH, generic Lords and heroes had new animations/models/skeletons.
    Now none have.

• Tennisgolfboll#5877Tennisgolfboll#5877 Registered Users Posts: 13,481
    CA should do better than this no question about it
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 1,345
    Bayes said:

xDEMOSx said:

Schub said:

xDEMOSx said:

xDEMOSx said:

I already thought about it that's why I said what I said in this list.

Knights and chariots use the "new" warriors model, don't count as two new models is just one "new" model.
    The rest I already had science, yes new helmet to match the weapon/shield, amazing no?

• NickCageStoleMyFace#5594NickCageStoleMyFace#5594 Registered Users Posts: 2,754
    xDEMOSx said:

Bayes said:

xDEMOSx said:

Schub said:

xDEMOSx said:

xDEMOSx said:

I already thought about it that's why I said what I said in this list.

Knights and chariots use the "new" warriors model, don't count as two new models is just one "new" model.
    The rest I already had science, yes new helmet to match the weapon/shield, amazing no?
    Some parts of this dlc look great, other parts I would never spend money on.
  • Mr_Finley7#4571Mr_Finley7#4571 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,417
    xDEMOSx said:

Schub said:

xDEMOSx said:

xDEMOSx said:

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not
  • GreenColoured#2445GreenColoured#2445 Registered Users Posts: 6,960
    Have we seen any chariots at all in any of their videos?
  • OdTengri#8235OdTengri#8235 Registered Users Posts: 10,231

No... But we did see Khornes Gorebeast Chariot... so we know what we can expect.
  • PLHenry#4565PLHenry#4565 Registered Users Posts: 1,712
    It’s disappointing but I find it more disappointing that the Norscan marauders lack anything that makes them look like Norscans. They’re meant to have at least some viking-esque traits in their design, even a few helmets would do the trick
  • GreenColoured#2445GreenColoured#2445 Registered Users Posts: 6,960
    PLHenry said:

It’s disappointing but I find it more disappointing that the Norscan marauders lack anything that makes them look like Norscans. They’re meant to have at least some viking-esque traits in their design, even a few helmets would do the trick

Hence why naming that race Norsca makes no sense.

They should have been called "Tribal Savages" or "Chaos Tribals" or "Chaos Savages" to encompass Norscans, Kurgans, Hungs, Skraelings, etc.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,042

PLHenry said:

Hence why naming that race Norsca makes no sense.

They should have been called "Tribal Savages" or "Chaos Tribals" or "Chaos Savages" to encompass Norscans, Kurgans, Hungs, Skraelings, etc.
    Yeah CA should just rename them “Tribes of Chaos”.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • NickCageStoleMyFace#5594NickCageStoleMyFace#5594 Registered Users Posts: 2,754

We saw the Slaanesh Chariot, Looks like they didn't even bother to recolor it this time.
  • Tennisgolfboll#5877Tennisgolfboll#5877 Registered Users Posts: 13,481

xDEMOSx said:

Schub said:

xDEMOSx said:

xDEMOSx said:

Lol he is being sarcastic

xDEMOSx said:

Schub said:

xDEMOSx said:

xDEMOSx said:

Lol he is being sarcastic
    This why /s is always appreciated, I can tell if people are okay with these reunits or just being ironic.
  • MODIDDLY1#9212MODIDDLY1#9212 Registered Users Posts: 1,338
    PLHenry said:

Yeah I've started to beat that drum a little bit as well. If the Norscan Marauder model is going to be reused 10 times in the roster, the least CA could do is make it unique from the WoC one
    Just popped in to add the Khorne Marauders to the discussion

• Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,746

Shrug.

These are as expected.

Good point Beast from the past!
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • #28957#28957 Registered Users Posts: 2,764
    DTAPPSNZ said:

Red Marauder Champions from another paid DLC released roughly five years ago. Quality content!
    Now I am known as "numbers".
    Enforest said:

DTAPPSNZ said:

Red Marauder Champions from another paid DLC released roughly five years ago. Quality content!
    I disagree, but you're welcome to that opinion.
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,782
    Enforest said:

DTAPPSNZ said:

There are a lot of units in this dlc.
    Not all are standout and new.

There seems to be a reasonable balance to a non-chaos lover.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • #28957#28957 Registered Users Posts: 2,764

Enforest said:

DTAPPSNZ said:

Enforest said:

DTAPPSNZ said:

Thanks for telling me this twice.
    Now I am known as "numbers".

Enforest said:

DTAPPSNZ said:

I would have liked less units and more unique Warriors.

I don't care about Marked Marauders.
  • Lunaticprince#9972Lunaticprince#9972 Registered Users Posts: 6,908
    edited August 2022
    Enforest said:

Enforest said:

DTAPPSNZ said:

Enforest said:

DTAPPSNZ said:

Thanks for telling me this twice.
    I low key got bit confused by "to balance out by none chaos lover"

What ? They still chaos marauder in a all chaos pack!

No idea how that effect the person in question

• W_soranW_soran Registered Users Posts: 10
    I think they are placeholder because look at the marauders of slaanesh we already have in game they are so unique compared to the rest of the marauders
    It would be a bummer if they don’t change it
    W_soran said:

I think they are placeholder because look at the marauders of slaanesh we already have in game they are so unique compared to the rest of the marauders

I'd be surprised if there were any place holders still in.
  • Lunaticprince#9972Lunaticprince#9972 Registered Users Posts: 6,908
    W_soran said:

I mean we are now deep in production and you must know that they use the slannesh marauder asset from the slannesh race.

Also we saw the chosen of nurgle and they where front and center.

Not get me wrong some are place holder

As confirmed the nurgle get a new staff eh, still wouldn't bet for something more important

• Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,368

W_soran said:

I mean we are now deep in production and you must know that they use the slannesh marauder asset from the slannesh race.

Also we saw the chosen of nurgle and they where front and center.

Not get me wrong some are place holder

As confirmed the nurgle get a new staff eh, still wouldn't bet for something more important
    Do they even do that? If I remember correctly, Marauders of Slaanesh in this DLC will reuse WoC models.