Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Need some advice on how to edit a mod's unit card

leyasu888leyasu888 Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 10
edited August 4 in Community Mods
Hi,

I recently was playing a really great mod that i love for warhammer 3. However the one gripe i had was that the unit card for the custom character in the mod was abit zoomed out when compared to the other character unit cards in the game. So i decided to edit the png file abit for my own game so i could satisfy my OCD.

Can i get advice on what i should do now to replace the unit card from the mod? I tried searching on google but i was unable to find a guide on what to do.

Thank you in advance

Regards
Post edited by BillyRuffian on

Comments

• zuendl86zuendl86 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 578
    You need the workshop - there you can unpack the data file of the mod.

Once this is done you can easily edit the dd2 file with **** for example.

Zhis was the case with rome 2. Dont know how it is with wsrhammer
  • leyasu888leyasu888 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 10
    Can i not use RPFM to edit the pack file?
  • Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,281
    You don't need the workshop, except to dowload the pack (and get it in workshop folder of steam).
    Open RPFM and create a new empty pack.
    Use Add from pack file, select the mod pack, import the file you want to change (so your pack only has this file, and at the proper location).
    Export the file to your drive.
    Edit it with ****, photoshop or whatever.
    Replace the file in RPFM with the edited one.
    Be sure your new almost empty pack is in the correct load order so your image overwrite the original one.

Creating your own pack is not mandatory, you can replace the file directly in the original pack, but it means you'd lose your change with every update.
    How do i replace the file with RPFM? this is the part i am stuck on.

thank you
    Right click on the folder where the file is in the pack, select "Add file", select your external file, and since it will have the same name, it will just replace it.
  • XpelledXpelled Registered Users Posts: 169
    leyasu888 said:

How do i replace the file with RPFM? this is the part i am stuck on.

thank you

I'd urge you to try the modding discord: https://discord.com/invite/moddingden

Lots of helpful people there and you can use the search tool to find people with similar issues/solutions.
    Thank you., I will definitely check out that discord.

Btw can i check, does the unit card png file need to be 60x130? or does the game automatically reduce the size of the picture?

Thanks
    best to use 60x130. The engine may resize it, but you may lose quality or have side effect.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file