Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Lord Pack Norsca

vegenervegener Registered Users Posts: 171
We open this poll to discuss which of these two options is more likely in the event that Norsca receives a new DLC

Lord Pack Norsca 141 votes

Norsca vs. Kislev
73%
Kotovskydavedave1124Pr4vdasykallboombaskItharusBaron_RobbaneHondlisKrunchdiegoarrieta8888Mr_Finley7SlipknotMaggotmewade44steam_164509231268vHIx41UazitraxJfrancisjjuanitotScionOfTheEmperoroliverpmasonFridolin 104 votes
Norsca vs Great Cathay
26%
ShermanPrkl8rLaindeshMaedrethnirkasap43Barnak410WalkaboutDEM0N_LLAMAcabans33SultschiemSerPusLunaticprinceGrotbaggDeckardusSirSunlightRockNRolla92UgandaJimTimpeyoHarkovastNyxilis 37 votes

Comments

• KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,425
    Norsca vs. Kislev
    I'm gonna say "Norsca vs Kislev" purely because if we get "Norsca vs Grand Cathay" they better rename the race to "Tribes of Chaos" in the process. I don't want to see Aghol Norscans or anything like that anymore.
  • NazjaxNazjax Registered Users Posts: 2,274
    Norsca vs. Kislev
    If you count Norsca as Tribes of chaos with Hung and Kurgans, Cathay can be fun.

If you count Norsca as only Norses... then Kislev.
  • DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 3,909
    Norsca vs. Kislev
    Krunch said:

if we get "Norsca vs Grand Cathay" they better rename the race to "Tribes of Chaos" in the process.

"Northmen".
  • AscythianAscythian Registered Users Posts: 119
    Norsca vs Bretonnia
  • MODIDDLY1MODIDDLY1 Registered Users Posts: 985
    Norsca vs. Kislev

Krunch said:

if we get "Norsca vs Grand Cathay" they better rename the race to "Tribes of Chaos" in the process.

"Northmen".
    If they couldn't move Sigvald because he was a dlc, I don't know if they can completely change the name of a dlc. Most likely IF they do put kurgans or hung in Norsca, the race will remain Norsca and the faction will just be called Kurgans
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 9,238
    Norsca vs Great Cathay
    I'd say that Norsca vs Cathay is a better deal. Bring Cathay to 3 LLs, add more LLs to the eastern part of the map.
    There is even a caster character(which Norsca currently missing) who has an established conflict with Cathay, and that conflict is a perfect basis for a DLC.
  • PassthechipsPassthechips Registered Users Posts: 1,030
    Norsca vs. Kislev
    Depends on who the lord is really. If It’s someone like Sayl, then Cathay ties into his lore nicely.

If it’s some Fimir character, or a true Norsca character, then Kislev makes sense.
    edited August 6
    Norsca vs. Kislev
    MODIDDLY1 said:

If they couldn't move Sigvald because he was a dlc, I don't know if they can completely change the name of a dlc.

I don't believe they couldn't move Sigvald. I don't think they ever wanted to. As evidenced by the fact that they added 4 more monoLords to WoC that they didn't have to.
  • MODIDDLY1MODIDDLY1 Registered Users Posts: 985
    Norsca vs. Kislev

MODIDDLY1 said:

If they couldn't move Sigvald because he was a dlc, I don't know if they can completely change the name of a dlc.

I don't believe they couldn't move Sigvald. I don't think they ever wanted to. As evidenced by the fact that they added 4 more monoLords to WoC that they didn't have to.
    You might be right, but the impression I got from the chaos blog they had was that Sigvald being added to WoC was the main cause of a few issues, and is why Azazel was added to WoC
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 37,415
    Pretty equal. Both should get 3-5 LPs.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - The descendant of Guanyin

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector,

• DulahanDulahan Registered Users Posts: 441
    NEither. I was a Champions of Chaos style 4 pack with 'sub-races' to make use of useful assets but also adequately and differently add in Hung and Kurgan Lords.
  • FerdiadLivesFerdiadLives Registered Users Posts: 209
    Norsca vs. Kislev
    Beorg Bearstruck vs Mother Ostankya/Baba Yaga 2.0
  • arthadawarthadaw Registered Users Posts: 2,368
    Norsca vs. Kislev
    I'm all about Racial indentity (Damn does that sound bad on paper)

Each race from Order to chaos should have an all encompassing shtick:

Warrior of Chaos:
    Warrior in the armies of Chaos Undivided, sadly they put some Monogod LL in it

Monogod:
    Servant of the Monogod, all of them

Norsca:
    Norscan, who while being servant of Chaos undivided aren't really trying to become Champion of Chaos and would rather do their own things

Beastmen:
    Beastmen, simple as.

That give us remaining likely lord:

WoC:
    Sayls: Wholly undivided, known for tricking the different daemon into doing his bidding
    Crom: Undivided Champion of Archeon
    4 Lieutenant: As tech tree lord or as Quest Lord. They are attached to Archeon just as much if not more than they are to their own god

Monogod:
    All character that are devoted to their God (Egil, Tamurkhan, Glottkin...)

Norscan:
    Beorg Bearstruck: Doesn't have any overly Chaos Mechanic, but lead a Norscan faction
    Rakka: Fimir Meargh LL, Fimir already being in the Norscan Faction

• destroyer67115destroyer67115 Registered Users Posts: 1,294
    Norsca vs. Kislev
    Let's look at character options.

Norsca vs kislev:
    The obvious pic for kislev atm is ostankya

Who is appropriate to face her? A meargh maybe? A odd duo.

Cathay vs Norsca:
    The obvious pic for norsca is sayl.

Who for cathay though? The Jade dragon? Seems a odd duo. They kinda messed up this pack by giving miao Ying out so quickly as she's the defender against the norscans IMO.

Who else is a good pic?

Empire vs Norsca?

Mortkin vs Kurt Helborg is a GREAT package deal here. But... I feel this is a later dlc. It's a odd time for this.. it would be cool to have Helborg control the Empire or Ostland on ROC campaign map tho.

Brettonia vs Norsca?

Egil styrbjorn is the obvious norsca pic. Vs Bohemind? Maybe? Could be thematic.

Im gonna bet the answer is "none of the above"
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 7,351
    Norsca vs Great Cathay
    I don't expect a redub to tribes of Chaos but effectively Norsca has become that. And if they do another DLC for them it might very well add the flavors of the others if not outright expand in some surprising ways.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 34,998
    Norsca vs Great Cathay
    Sayl vs Monke next please.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • destroyer67115destroyer67115 Registered Users Posts: 1,294
    Norsca vs. Kislev
    ArneSo said:

Isn't monkey a agent of chaos tho?
    Norsca vs Great Cathay

ArneSo said:

Isn't monkey a agent of chaos tho?
    Nope.
  • WhySoSaltyWhySoSalty Registered Users Posts: 1,212
    Norsca vs Great Cathay
    i take Cathay because i want Kurgan (Sayl) vs Cathay
    My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperial, can you say the same?

Norsca vs. Kislev
    MODIDDLY1 said:

You might be right, but the impression I got from the chaos blog they had was that Sigvald being added to WoC was the main cause of a few issues, and is why Azazel was added to WoC

It just seems like, if they wanted Sigvald to be in Slaanesh, but couldn't move him, then they wouldn't have put the other 3 in WoC when they didn't have to.
    Norsca vs Great Cathay

i take Cathay because i want Kurgan (Sayl) vs Cathay

This is the most realistic and was heavily hinted by CA.

After that Kislev vs VC would be ideal. Baba Yaga vs Neferata.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 9,900
    Norsca vs. Kislev
    I wouldn't mind either of them to be honest, both are cool matchups, but there is something funny about Beorg, a werebear Vs the nation with a bear god.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
    Norsca vs Great Cathay

I wouldn't mind either of them to be honest, both are cool matchups, but there is something funny about Beorg, a werebear Vs the nation with a bear god.

Tbf Beorg is a nobody and with Sayl and Mortkin out there his chances for inclusion decreased a lot.
    edited August 6
    Norsca vs. Kislev
    ArneSo said:

Tbf Beorg is a nobody and with Sayl and Mortkin out there his chances for inclusion decreased a lot.

Tbf Beorg is a werebear. Which immediately makes him more interesting than Sayl and Mortkin, who are just a Chaos Sorcerer and a Chaos Lord.
    Norsca vs Great Cathay

ArneSo said:

Tbf Beorg is a werebear. Which immediately makes him more interesting than Sayl and Mortkin, who are just a Chaos Sorcerer and a Chaos Lord.
    Norsca doesn’t have a Sorcerer so Sayl is the number 1 candidate.

I would love to see Beorg, I’m just saying that he isn’t as likely anymore as he was before.

• Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 5,780
    Norsca vs. Kislev
    Rationally I think it’s the best match with Kislev.

Irrationally I think I want more bears.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
    edited August 6
    Norsca vs Great Cathay

What about Neferata vs Mother Ostankya?
    Post edited by ArneSo on
    Norsca vs Great Cathay
    ArneSo said:

What about Neferata vs Baba Yaga?
    is baba yaga even canon at this point?

• arthadawarthadaw Registered Users Posts: 2,368
    Norsca vs. Kislev

ArneSo said:

She was cannon, but she isn't anymore, she was replaced/renamed by Mother something, but everyone call her Baba Yaga cause it's easier to remember
    Norsca vs Great Cathay
    arthadaw said:

ArneSo said:

She was cannon, but she isn't anymore, she was replaced/renamed by Mother something, but everyone call her Baba Yaga cause it's easier to remember
    ok so the character idea still exist