Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Champions of Chaos preorder now live/price revealed

Comments

• Jirzik#3160Jirzik#3160 Registered Users Posts: 481
    I didn't expect that price. Outrageous!

• Djau#5149Djau#5149 Registered Users Posts: 12,147
    Its not just the assets...but its also the extra 2 LLs and the Rework for Warriors of Chaos its paying for. Despite how much CA denies it I bet its also partially covering for work during Immortal Empires.

I would have been legitimately annoyed if it was the same price of Tomb Kings. But somewhat halfway between that and a normal LP price is ok.

• DrazhoaththeAshen#9598DrazhoaththeAshen#9598 Registered Users Posts: 881
    ArneSo said:

The price is ridiculous considering that the DLC has only 1 new unit and 0 unique mechanics.

I'll be getting it. I like the included lords too much not to. And I think one should only get so worked up about the price. But it really is frustrating to see the mental gymnastics people go through to justify pricing models. It's like GW with the new pots for shades and stuff. Massive eye roll to anyone who goes through the trouble of justifying that nonsense.

Whatever, though. If it is worth it, buy it. If it isn't, don't.

What is normal for the spider is Chaos for the fly.
  • GreenColoured#2445GreenColoured#2445 Registered Users Posts: 6,936
    For context how much are typical LPs again?
  • mw51630#6772mw51630#6772 Member Registered Users Posts: 2,200
    Honestly not surprised. I was expecting a price hike because inflation is so rough this year, I'm not sure we'll see a $10 DLC again (except for maybe blood and gore).

That said I'm not buying it. Plenty of WH2 DLC I don't have yet that's heavily discounted on Instant Gaming. I'm going to pick up Grom the Paunch instead of this for $5 and rampage across IE as him.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,721

ArneSo said:

The price is ridiculous considering that the DLC has only 1 new unit and 0 unique mechanics.

I'll be getting it. I like the included lords too much not to. And I think one should only get so worked up about the price. But it really is frustrating to see the mental gymnastics people go through to justify pricing models. It's like GW with the new pots for shades and stuff. Massive eye roll to anyone who goes through the trouble of justifying that nonsense.

Of course I‘m getting it too. But I‘m still not happy with the price and which route CA is going.

This is a 3k quality DLC and we all know how this story ended.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • kevManiac#4754kevManiac#4754 Registered Users Posts: 1,048
    Somehow the first real new content always is somehow butched. Beastmen for WH1, ME with WH2 (being spaghetti code so they had an old build and openly said sorry for it), Eight Princes for 3K, and now this too expensive DLC for technically 4 LLs and quite some reskins/ recolours. If there were some unique mechanics for each of the four new DLC LLs, I think it was an okay deal. But now I simply don't see how this is ~ €15,00...

I think adding Immortal Empires with its changes and reworking WoC is also included in the price to make it worthwhile for CA.
    Races I'd like to see, in order of preference: Chaos Dwarfs, Southern Realm/ DoW, Araby, Nippon, Hobgoblin Kharnate, Kuresh, Ind.
  • Overlord87Overlord87 Registered Users Posts: 1,026
    The price Is honestly too high and really makes you wonder who is in charge of marketing and strategic choices. After a troubled release of the game, it would have been wiser to avoid a move like this.

Anyway, I will still preorder it, because in the end I don't mind the additional couple of euros and I want all the content that I can get for this game. Will definitely understand those that do not buy it, though.
  • Djau#5149Djau#5149 Registered Users Posts: 12,147
    edited August 9

In GBP they were £7.99 for Warhammer 2. For Warhammer 1, £6.99...if we assume an inflation again of £1, then its a bit of an increase, but not as bad as could have been.

• Bayes#3307Bayes#3307 Senior Member NorwayRegistered Users Posts: 5,015
    edited August 9

Bayes said:

ArneSo said:

Djau said:

Djau said:

Its got twice the amount of LLs and 36 units. Reskins or not it wasn't going to be the standard price.

Rhesus & Memnon had 49 new units and included far more new assets for £7.99. Theres not nearly enough new assets here. I can appreciate LL are expensive but the fact 80% of units assets are already in game, and there's only 1 new skeleton means we shouldn't be paying this much.

I say this as someone who would have happily paid £15 for truly new models for god marauders, warriors, chosen lords and heroes.
    That's historical though, which is even more copypaste.

It could probably have been £10, but I don't see them releasing this DLC for £7.99
    The thing is we only get 1 new unit. 1 new unit and that’s literally it. Don’t fall for the 36 new units statement. It’s a lie and you know that.
    It all adds up to be quite a lot of new assets lets be fair. But is it 60% more than a normal LP to justify the price? Does not seem like it.
    Not really. Warriors are mostly retextured helmets, and chosen lords and probably heroes have 2 new helmets, 2 new sheilds and a few new weapons.

That's about 24 new helmets, 24 sheilds and a few new weapons. Plus one genuinely new unit.
    Why just a few new weapons? There are a ton of new weapons as well and you are missing cloaks. I think every single helmet is a remodel although not a complete one, but nothing CA makes is completely from scratch so lets not get into that territory that is going to get way too complicated. With new voice and unit cards and normal stuff as well, I think it would be very fair to say they are like 50% of a normal unit we usually get. 8 characters, 8 warriors/chosen, that alone is 8(maybe 1-2 less) units worth, then add in the warshrine and their variants + the garbage(which has some new assets like the weapons the chariot riders are using) and It think it more than justifies a LP price, I would go a bit higher.

However I cannot justify this price compared to the other stuff CA has made. But I don't think anyone is going to argue that.
  • Grotbagg#2528Grotbagg#2528 Registered Users Posts: 327
    Already bought it :)
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 11,250

It's in between a LP and a Campaign Pack.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,721
    kevManiac said:

Somehow the first real new content always is somehow butched. Beastmen for WH1, ME with WH2 (being spaghetti code so they had an old build and openly said sorry for it), Eight Princes for 3K, and now this too expensive DLC for technically 4 LLs and quite some reskins/ recolours. If there were some unique mechanics for each of the four new DLC LLs, I think it was an okay deal. But now I simply don't see how this is ~ €15,00...

I think adding Immortal Empires with its changes and reworking WoC is also included in the price to make it worthwhile for CA.

I just hope CA is back on track with the Chaos Dwarf DLC.

I really want the WH2 quality back.

It's in between a LP and a Campaign Pack.
    But it has less content and value than a LP.
  • Nyxilis#3646Nyxilis#3646 Registered Users Posts: 7,657
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Of course I‘m getting it too. But I‘m still not happy with the price and which route CA is going.

Hrm.... I think I like it better than Q&C or Nakaii's LP.

Just going top put that out there.
  • #902441#902441 Registered Users Posts: 7,489

In Pound Sterling; 7.99.

A campaign back like Call of the Beastmen is at 14.99 (still, despite it being years old and awful..)

This is at 12.99 (sans discount for pre-ordering).

So much closer to the latter than the former.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • WelshMeatball#4754WelshMeatball#4754 Registered Users Posts: 403
    They should have made it 20€ and give all lords and heroes their tabletop models, and all the chosen full unique armor I would have bought it instantly.
  • Tempus77710#1363Tempus77710#1363 Registered Users Posts: 21
    edited August 9
    So yes the dlc is expensive, yes there are only retouches on existing models, yes there are no unique game mechanics but frankly stop complaining we know very well that you are going to buy it all the same. Some have probably already done so.

You're just criticizing CA on all his choices. The models don't look like what I wanted. The LLs are not in chaos demons (I don't like this model, I want it like that).

For my part, I don't like everything about this dlc but I will buy it even if it is not at a logical price for me and me alone because I want the things I like in it.

Instead of complaining all the time for nothing, think for a minute about the lack of respect you show to the CA staff who work to entertain and please us. Even if they don't have the same point of view as us, we have to respect them in our way of making it known.

And finally if you are not happy with the game well go create your own Total War Warhammer game and do it as you see fit.
    Post edited by BillyRuffian#6250 on
    Djau said:

In GBP they were £7.99 for Warhammer 2. For Warhammer 1, £6.99...if we assume an inflation again of £1, then its a bit of an increase, but not as bad as could have been.
    Oh...okay

That is not worth 3 pages worth of arguing.

Pricing will always be contentious. I'd say they should be judged by the number of new art assets in total, something next to impossible to really judge and price. How many ch more, for instance, does it take to create a LL than it does a Salamander or River Troll. Or chaos warriors etc.
    Nyxilis said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Hrm.... I think I like it better than Q&C or Nakaii's LP.

Just going top put that out there.
    Q&C is probably still the worst DLC out there next to G&G.
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 2,074
    Hmm yeah I don't think it should be more than a regular LP, maybe even a little less but I'd be happy paying regular LP price.

I understand you get four very fun looking characters, but they don't have their own mechanics like regular LLs In lord packs and there's only one truly new unit that they all share.

If they had added one more completely new unit to share between them and mechanics for each I think it would have been much more justified with the price tag.

I dunno I may wait to buy this one till it's on sale and play the old LLs for a bit with there new start postions.

• Nihtantuel#8237Nihtantuel#8237 Registered Users Posts: 255
    edited August 9
    I got it. Would have gotten it anyway, I am not kidding myself. Not happy about it, though.

The only consolation I have is that it is just 8.5$ in Turkish money.
  • Kn_Gars#2718Kn_Gars#2718 Registered Users Posts: 3,275

9.99 Euro for WH2 DLC, I expected a price increase to 10.99 but now it is 15,99. A 60% increase is a lot and I'm not sure the content is worth that much for me. Not about the money really but about value for money when I'm mainly interested in it for only one of the LLs.
    The user formerly known as KN_Gars, thanks for the involunatry rename CA.
    KN_Gars said:

9.99 Euro for WH2 DLC, I expected a price increase to 10.99 but now it is 15,99. A 60% increase is a lot and I'm not sure the content is worth that much for me. Not about the money really but about value for money when I'm mainly interested in it for only one of the LLs.
    Thats the reason why the old LPs are so much better than this new DLC concept.

Even if you only care about 1 LL out of the 2, it was a no brainer considering how cheap the price is.

I will still get it (if only for the LLs) since I‘m hyped for all 4. but if you really only care about 1 of them this DLC really isn’t worth it’s money.
  • saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,352
    ArneSo said:

KN_Gars said:

Even if you only care about 1 LL out of the 2, it was a no brainer considering how cheap the price is.

I will still get it (if only for the LLs) since I‘m hyped for all 4. but if you really only care about 1 of them this DLC really isn’t worth it’s money.
    i like the new dlc on concept level but they have to go quality over quntity i don't mind paying for more money for more unique stuff

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• Nopeacejustwar#3336Nopeacejustwar#3336 Registered Users Posts: 1,378
    Bought it. No regrets
    saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

KN_Gars said:

i like the new dlc on concept level but they have to go quality over quntity i don't mind paying for more money for more unique stuff
    Couldn’t agree more with this.
  • Tennisgolfboll#5877Tennisgolfboll#5877 Registered Users Posts: 13,341
    edited August 9
    xDEMOSx said:

not worth.

Yup.

Reskins for more money than good lord packs like Taurox?

Lol CA you little cashgrabbers
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
    saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

KN_Gars said:

This I can totally agree with. I'd pay for a campaign pack price even.
  • ElStaufo#4038ElStaufo#4038 Registered Users Posts: 46
    edited August 9
    Love this thread! The whole Debacle-wedeserve-lazyCA-nomorereskins-Crew is running wild. And I could not care less. :D