Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Champions of Chaos preorder now live/price revealed

Comments

• BorgerBoar#2786BorgerBoar#2786 Registered Users Posts: 226
    edited August 9
    Djau said:

Its not just the assets...but its also the extra 2 LLs and the Rework for Warriors of Chaos its paying for. Despite how much CA denies it I bet its also partially covering for work during Immortal Empires.

I would have been legitimately annoyed if it was the same price of Tomb Kings. But somewhat halfway between that and a normal LP price is ok.

There's also voice acting for 4 characters. And the advisor's voice acting for 4 factions. Plus, in the end, art is most likely the most expensive part of most games, won't be any different here.
  • DTAPPSNZ#5477DTAPPSNZ#5477 Registered Users Posts: 2,504
    I would have expected it to be a little more expensive than a lord pack but Rise of the Tomb King money...for a 4 LL with no unique mechanics, Warshrines, a bunch of helmets and weapons, and the same marauders, forsaken and chariots I've bought 3 times before.

I've got so much content on the backlog for IE, gonna wait for a hefty sale for this one.

Gonna be the first DLC I've skipped in a long time.
  • Nyxilis#3646Nyxilis#3646 Registered Users Posts: 7,649
    ArneSo said:

Nyxilis said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

The price is ridiculous considering that the DLC has only 1 new unit and 0 unique mechanics.

I'll be getting it. I like the included lords too much not to. And I think one should only get so worked up about the price. But it really is frustrating to see the mental gymnastics people go through to justify pricing models. It's like GW with the new pots for shades and stuff. Massive eye roll to anyone who goes through the trouble of justifying that nonsense.

Whatever, though. If it is worth it, buy it. If it isn't, don't.

Of course I‘m getting it too. But I‘m still not happy with the price and which route CA is going.

This is a 3k quality DLC and we all know how this story ended.
    Hrm.... I think I like it better than Q&C or Nakaii's LP.

Just going top put that out there.
    Q&C is probably still the worst DLC out there next to G&G.
    Pffft, I like Nakaii's less. I use the units less. A lot less. I play the LL's less. Overall I use it less. I use the Q&C units a lot more, heck of a lot more, and I've played Q&C's lls more than I've played either lord for Nakaii's.

But hey guys, it had some SEMs, this it the definition of 'content'. So lets slather Teclis on a mount he shouldn't be on. This is how we got there.

So tell me, how much should you get this DLC will you be using these units? Let me answer for you, constantly.

You got 4 LL which will give you more hours of replay ability in start positions alone. More time than I got out of several game 2 DLC.

You're just not adding up here.
  • ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Registered Users Posts: 912
    For **** sake! 95% of the units, heroes and lords are kitbashed and recolors from 2016 old units!
    Team Monogods - #JusticeForTzeentch

• Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,600
    Nyxilis said:

ArneSo said:

Nyxilis said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

The price is ridiculous considering that the DLC has only 1 new unit and 0 unique mechanics.

I'll be getting it. I like the included lords too much not to. And I think one should only get so worked up about the price. But it really is frustrating to see the mental gymnastics people go through to justify pricing models. It's like GW with the new pots for shades and stuff. Massive eye roll to anyone who goes through the trouble of justifying that nonsense.

Of course I‘m getting it too. But I‘m still not happy with the price and which route CA is going.

Pffft, I like Nakaii's less. I use the units less. A lot less. I play the LL's less. Overall I use it less. I use the Q&C units a lot more, heck of a lot more, and I've played Q&C's lls more than I've played either lord for Nakaii's.

But hey guys, it had some SEMs, this it the definition of 'content'. So lets slather Teclis on a mount he shouldn't be on. This is how we got there.

So tell me, how much should you get this DLC will you be using these units? Let me answer for you, constantly.

You got 4 LL which will give you more hours of replay ability in start positions alone. More time than I got out of several game 2 DLC.

I couldn’t disagree more with you here.

We got the Dread Saurian there, one of the coolest centrepiece monsters in the game.

War Wagon is also a fun and unique unit.

Markus is probably one of the best campaigns out there with amazing mechanics.

Nakai might be far from perfect but CA still put much work in his unique campaign mechanics and even gave him a completely new tech tree and unique horde buildings.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • Pede#6322Pede#6322 Registered Users Posts: 1,932
    Thank you for your detailed and touching story. Let me know how it ends one day pls.

edited August 9
    Pede said:

Thank you for your detailed and touching story. Let me know how it ends one day pls.

Whatever makes you feel better about justifying your purchase ;)
  • FinishingLast#1402FinishingLast#1402 Registered Users Posts: 4,856
    So someone who has very vocally hated the DLC isn't pre-ordering it? I don't think this needed to be its own thread.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."
  • Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 15,843
    I have loads of IE campaign to play again, I can wait for a sale just fine.

So someone who has very vocally hated the DLC isn't pre-ordering it? I don't think this needed to be its own thread.

Hey I would have bought it for 8.99 gbp no problem. I feel some people are going into purchasing with blind hype. Not actually realizing what they are actually getting.
    Surge_2 said:

What is it in Canadian? $20?

2 maple leaves and the whisper of a moose.
    Surge_2 said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

I'm as mad as I've ever been!

"One please!"
    DTAPPSNZ said:

Hey I would have bought it for 8.99 gbp no problem. I feel some people are going into purchasing with blind hype. Not actually realizing what they are actually getting.
    That's pretty much always true. I think the DLC holds tons of value for the price considering the mileage I'll get out of it. But I do agree I think it should have been a few dollars less.
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 6,929
    Nyxilis said:

ArneSo said:

Nyxilis said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Razordons are one of the best LM units out there. Brutal AP ranged damage, armoured, fast, and okay in melee on the charge.

I have no idea why people sleep on them, they're one of my favourite units in a ton of match-ups. Especially once you get to the Amaxon Barbs.

Same goes for Centigors with Throwing Axes. They're absolutely incredible units...that people never talk much about.
  • Nyxilis#3646Nyxilis#3646 Registered Users Posts: 7,649
    ArneSo said:

Nyxilis said:

ArneSo said:

Nyxilis said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

I couldn’t disagree more with you here.

We got the Dread Saurian there, one of the coolest centrepiece monsters in the game.

War Wagon is also a fun and unique unit.

Markus is probably one of the best campaigns out there with amazing mechanics.

Nakai might be far from perfect but CA still put much work in his unique campaign mechanics and even gave him a completely new tech tree and unique horde buildings.
    Dread Saurian was good!

War Wagon, don't make me laugh Arne most people criticized it after launch and most don't remotely use it. Unique but lackluster. They've spent the time trying to get people to use it patches later.

Markus is not one of the best. Main thing he's got going for him is he's the Empire in game 2. Doesn't hold a candle to Ikkit, Thrott, Drycha, Rakarth, or even Repanse in my opinion.

Nakai isn't far from perfect, he's outright flawed. Please don't make me laugh on that particular point as he gets nothing but critique on this forum since launch constantly and they did not remotely even try to fix it. As Drax will tell you, they launched him and then promptly turned on the ignore button.

And this patch is going to bring more tech trees than any other single patch has done so ahem... lol.
  • RJCPSRJCPS Registered Users Posts: 540
    Djau said:

Its not just the assets...but its also the extra 2 LLs and the Rework for Warriors of Chaos its paying for. Despite how much CA denies it I bet its also partially covering for work during Immortal Empires.

I would have been legitimately annoyed if it was the same price of Tomb Kings. But somewhat halfway between that and a normal LP price is ok.

What do you mean? TKs costed 15€ after discount. This is not halfway between that and a LP. Just because they recently upped the prices for old CP's, doesn't mean the comparison should be made to the new prices for old content.
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,108
    Cool. I'll pre-order today.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• Surge_2#1464Surge_2#1464 Registered Users Posts: 11,813

Surge_2 said:

I laughed. :)
    Kneel

• JastalllJastalll Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,887
    A bit too much I feel. I still justify the purchase with the large amount of work CA has obviously put out on the WoC rework and IE itself, but as a value proposition by itself the DLC is pretty underwhelming.

On the plus side the 4 Champions obviously have totally unique models, skeletons and animations (not every LL gets that, by a long shot) and the Warshrine is a huge, high quality unit... but the rest is a variable amount and quality of reskins with no unique campaign mechanics aside from the story campaign shared by all 4 LLs. Considering it is only slightly less expensive than Tomb Kings, which had a full new race with a bevy of unique mechanics and tons of new animations, models and skeletons for one of the most monster-heavy rosters in game, the value just isn't there.
  • Djau#5149Djau#5149 Registered Users Posts: 12,144
    DTAPPSNZ said:

I don't think £1 extra even covers inflation never mind the voice acting for the extra two LLs.

• davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 21,375
    Djau said:

DTAPPSNZ said:

I don't think £1 extra even covers inflation never mind the voice acting for the extra two LLs.
    I don't think inflation is the issue here. The average price of the DLCs have kept pretty stable, it's the fact that they have placed this DLC between a Ogres style pack and a TK pack.

Djau said:

DTAPPSNZ said:

I don't think inflation is the issue here. The average price of the DLCs have kept pretty stable, it's the fact that they have placed this DLC between a Ogres style pack and a TK pack.
    Its because it basically is. If this DLC didnt come with two of the Gods, I would assume it would be £7-8.99

• davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 21,375
    Djau said:

Djau said:

DTAPPSNZ said:

Its because it basically is. If this DLC didnt come with two of the Gods, I would assume it would be £7-8.99
    It's over priced, shared mechanics, reused mechanics, low effort models. I wasn't bothered about the models so much until the released the price.
    edited August 9

Djau said:

Djau said:

DTAPPSNZ said:

It's over priced, shared mechanics, reused mechanics, low effort models. I wasn't bothered about the models so much until the released the price.
    Sounds like they bit off more than they could chew, with Immortal Empires, 2.0 Patch, Warriors Rework and a DLC all at once. Either that or some GW interference.

But I knew moment that there was 4 LLs in it, there's no way its going to be a standard price. No matter the units.
    Post edited by BillyRuffian#6250 on

Surge_2 said:

Surge_2 said:

I laughed. :)
    It's become this ongoing inside joke with my friend who's from Canada. When I first met him I don't remember the context, but he said Canada used colored ice cubes for currency. Now, whenever it comes up we try and use a different measurement.
  • Dulahan#3120Dulahan#3120 Registered Users Posts: 536
    I love how all the complainers ignore this also has a BRAND NEW SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN instead of Realm of Chaos. Which is a pretty big deal too!

But the dEbAcLe crowd gotta debacle.
  • IamNotArobot#8850IamNotArobot#8850 Registered Users Posts: 5,743
    festus too green
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI

• KirGeo#5270KirGeo#5270 Registered Users Posts: 1,123
    For 15USD wish they had put some more effort in the reskins. Some of the marauders and the 2 new forsaken appear to be just recolors.
    If they had given these some new assets and maybe the base game forsaken/spawn some new stuff I might have felt it was worth it.
    We want all the factions Dogs of War, Araby, Ind, Kuresh, Nippon, Hobgoblin Khanate. Milk us CA.
  • MadDokta#6766MadDokta#6766 Registered Users Posts: 456
    Here in Thailand it's the same price (roughly 10 euros) as the Warhammer II Lord Packs with the discount (around a euro and a half or so more without), so...*shrugs*
  • Pede#6322Pede#6322 Registered Users Posts: 1,932
    DTAPPSNZ said:

Pede said:

Whatever makes you feel better about justifying your purchase ;)
    I don't need to justify buying a product i am very impressed with and know i will get TONS of hours of entertainment from.