Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Feedback for changes to IE based on what we have seen so far

TheTrue_LordAndyTheTrue_LordAndy Registered Users Posts: 985
Ok so we know CA is looking for feedback while IE is in Beta mode so please share what you feel should change.

Here is what I would say so far, just based on what I am seeing (will probably have more once I get to play it):

1. Make AI slightly less afraid of the player and stand their ground a bit more, without reverting to WH3 anti player bias. Try to find a middle ground. AI armies standing their ground more often even with unfavorable odds will also mean more land battles.

2. For warriors of chaos, ascendent Lords to deamon hood should not generate the same looking character every time, but instead utilize a random assortment of the body parts from daniels factions based on the given mark given. If complete randomization is not possible, then at least have about five looks for each mark.

3. Be'lakor should be able to get all deamon units. Also please find a way so he can get herald deamon lords.

4.Athel Loren and wood elf forest settlements should look more lush and grow as you upgrade them.

5. Add more maps. There seem to be certain areas of the map where every single minor settlement battle has the same map. I understand this takes alot of work but more maps still need to be added especially in certain areas.

6. Please add a new Altdorf battle map

7. Dark Elf slave mechanic needs to be more immersive/ interactive.

8.Add more skills to certain heroes and Lords that can chose all their skills/ almost all when fully ranked up.

9. Improve Lizardmen Geomantic Web or give them a new mechanic

10. Continue to add more land mark buildings for various races. For example I think Cathay still needs some more.

Comments

• Kn_Gars#2718Kn_Gars#2718 Registered Users Posts: 3,275
    You may want to post this in the feedback section as well, here there is a very real risk it will get lost in the "noise" of the most active section of the forum.
    The user formerly known as KN_Gars, thanks for the involunatry rename CA.
  • TheTrue_LordAndyTheTrue_LordAndy Registered Users Posts: 985
    KN_Gars said:

You may want to post this in the feedback section as well, here there is a very real risk it will get lost in the "noise" of the most active section of the forum.

Good point, I will!
  • razenb#1517razenb#1517 Registered Users Posts: 505
    what i have seen so far is that it would be way better to give feedback if CA would just release the beta instead of giving some moneymakers early access for the sake of money making.
  • Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    I'll give feedback after the 23rd, when I can actually play the game and see for myself.
  • Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 15,845
    I do like the new Slaves mechanic for the Dark Elves but it could definitely be better.
  • Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,211
    Also, settlements containing landmark buildings, especially the ones of lore significance, should have unique models on the campaign map. The more unique the world looks the better.
  • Biggles#4266Biggles#4266 Registered Users Posts: 3,078
    Well I certainly agree with the Belakor, Lizardmen, and Unique Buildings points. For the rest I'll have to see more, not really seen any gameplay honestly.
  • Ben1990#8909Ben1990#8909 Registered Users Posts: 2,864
    Norsca is in the most direst of need of Landmarks. The only one they have is in Skeggi.
  • Nazjax#2857Nazjax#2857 Registered Users Posts: 2,557
    edited August 14
    More trees models please.

We have currently : palms, pines and ''oak''.

Bretonnia trees were quite different from Athel Loren one, but now they look the same with a slightly different texture.
    Not to mention the chaos corruption who just make oak or pines with a colour.
    Even most of jungle trees is too close to the oak tree.

I want unique trees for chaos corruption.

I know some people just don't care but campaign map immersion is really important IMO.
  • Bloodydagger#9716Bloodydagger#9716 Registered Users Posts: 4,722
    DE slave mechanic is so garbage 🗑
  • Matador974#7139Matador974#7139 Registered Users Posts: 42
    edited August 14
    Nazjax said:

More trees models please.

We have currently : palms, pines and ''oak''.

Bretonnia trees were quite different from Athel Loren one, but now they look the same with a slightly different texture.
    Not to mention the chaos corruption who just make oak or pines with a colour.
    Even most of jungle trees is too close to the oak tree.

I want unique trees for chaos corruption.

I know some people just don't care but campaign map immersion is really important IMO.

Twisted and festering trees.
    Trees or forests "colonized" by Chaos vines, hidden altars and obelisks of chaos, vermin, tiny smoky populations...
  • Djau#5149Djau#5149 Registered Users Posts: 12,145
    Wouldnt Belakor getting all Daemons mean that he'd invalidate the Monos? He already gets all WoC Mortals too.

• destroyer67115destroyer67115 Registered Users Posts: 1,357
    Bumping so you can get more eyes. All of this is good.
  • Rasmus242Rasmus242 Registered Users Posts: 690
    If CA wants good feedback and a non-on-fire community I think they should be very clear with what's known bugs or things they intend to change (like Bretonnia knights having one 1 texture color set or AI being too passive).

How are we supposed to know what's "it's a beta and we rushed to get something rough in that "works"" vs real oversights. I hope they do this as the beta becomes available.