Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I think CD, Khuresh and Ind are all we are getting for race packs.

Comments

• Surge_2#1464Surge_2#1464 Registered Users Posts: 11,834

Jote191 said:

SerPus said:

Both continents are starring at us in our faces.

So is Araby.
    Araby has political controversy connected to them. Ind and Khuresh don't.
    There was never a political controversy attached to Araby to start with. You're talking about a faction that's existed since the 80's.
    If I have to spell it out for you, then you don't need to be a part of this conversation.
    What controversy?? Araby is literally just a rip off of Arabian Nights. Honestly Nippon was way worser written, but their skin isn't dark enough so I guess nobody cared.

Yall act like mentioning the middle east is this big issue like bruh. It is a land and culture that has existed for thousands of years. Their history and mythology is interesting. It has inspired tons of fantasy stories before.

I do think if GW wants to bring back Araby it'll need some updating but honestly not much. Nippon should get a complete rewrite though. They suck in the old lore.

Also I strongly suspect Araby was left for dead because of a few things, but mostly poor timing and being overshadowed by other races. Warhammer 2 was really there only major shot at getting in. Now that 3 is out there isn't any reason to go back since they have a bunch of other options.
    Araby's release date would have literally been alongside Aladdin. Really kills that whole "politics" narrative.
    Yeah, the world certainly hasnt changed since Aladdin was released.
    Kneel

• SoltharusSoltharus Registered Users Posts: 44
    razenb said:

If CA continues the trend of wh3 we should be thankful if we get cd

Considering we got Kislev and Cathay as starting races, I'd say almost anything is still on the table. Especially Ind, Kuresh and Araby.
    Are we likely to see them as fully fleshed out with huge rosters? Maby not. But in some form? I think its a pretty safe bet tbh
  • Itharus#3127Itharus#3127 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,395

Jote191 said:

SerPus said:

Both continents are starring at us in our faces.

So is Araby.
    Araby has political controversy connected to them. Ind and Khuresh don't.
    There was never a political controversy attached to Araby to start with. You're talking about a faction that's existed since the 80's.
    If I have to spell it out for you, then you don't need to be a part of this conversation.
    What controversy?? Araby is literally just a rip off of Arabian Nights. Honestly Nippon was way worser written, but their skin isn't dark enough so I guess nobody cared.

Yall act like mentioning the middle east is this big issue like bruh. It is a land and culture that has existed for thousands of years. Their history and mythology is interesting. It has inspired tons of fantasy stories before.

I do think if GW wants to bring back Araby it'll need some updating but honestly not much. Nippon should get a complete rewrite though. They suck in the old lore.

Also I strongly suspect Araby was left for dead because of a few things, but mostly poor timing and being overshadowed by other races. Warhammer 2 was really there only major shot at getting in. Now that 3 is out there isn't any reason to go back since they have a bunch of other options.
    Araby's release date would have literally been alongside Aladdin. Really kills that whole "politics" narrative.
    Aladdin actually got blasted for political reasons :lol:

No one knows how GW feel about the narrative around Araby. There are plenty of things people get upset about these days that I have no idea about. It could be about a simple selection or it could be about GW noticing something they don't like. Unless you were at the meeting you really can't answer confidently.

People got "upset" about the addition of Cathay over issues with China and the reinvention of Kislev over the war in Ukraine. They're both still popular and well-liked factions.
    Kislev dropped before Russia decided to give warcrimes another spin in Ukraine... again.
  • DarthEnderX-#6513DarthEnderX-#6513 Registered Users Posts: 4,735
    Shandalar said:

Dogs of War are going to be a ogres mercenary camp thing.

They're going to be that AS WELL. But they're also going to be a playable race.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • TheWintersDragon#9673TheWintersDragon#9673 Registered Users Posts: 49
    edited August 15
    CD are for sure coming.

Legion of Nagiash as an undead daniel faction, I can 100% see them doing that.

You know what? They might do the whole daniel thing again, but for DoW, like you create your mercenary Unit and general going around the map doing odd jobs for order factions. Then, as a reward, they give with units, or you unlock different weapons to equip your general or unit.

That way, if you think about it, you would have a customisable chaos faction, undead faction and order faction.
  • NemoTheElf101#1472NemoTheElf101#1472 Registered Users Posts: 2,994

No one knows how GW feel about the narrative around Araby. There are plenty of things people get upset about these days that I have no idea about. It could be about a simple selection or it could be about GW noticing something they don't like. Unless you were at the meeting you really can't answer confidently.

People got "upset" about the addition of Cathay over issues with China and the reinvention of Kislev over the war in Ukraine. They're both still popular and well-liked factions.
    Cathay was created with modern sensibilities in mind and there so little created there's not so much that can be brought up. With the limited knowledge I have on Araby I can recognise the fact that the Western nations won the crusades of the WH world when in fact it was the Middle Eastern nations who won these crusades originally. Add to that there could be a number of things that the people in GW have noticed in the most recent lore that has made them think it's not worth the trouble.

I can't speak confidently on any meetings between GW and CA because I never attended, just like the majority of this forum.

Aladdin isn’t GW just in case anyone is confused.
    Anyone who takes the historical Crusades seriously as some kind of contemporary issue or politics isn't someone to take seriously, and certainly isn't someone who plays this type of game. The Crusades also aren't the only relevant part of Araby's history.
  • NemoTheElf101#1472NemoTheElf101#1472 Registered Users Posts: 2,994
    Itharus said:

Kislev dropped before Russia decided to give warcrimes another spin in Ukraine... again.
    And yet we at least once a month get a post about Kislev being tied to the war in some way. People will draw connections and parallels that might make sense to them even if there's no basis in reality.
  • VikingHuscal1066VikingHuscal1066 Registered Users Posts: 4,142

Khuresh and Ind seem highly unlikely.

Dogs of War and Hobgobs are the frontrunners alongside Chaos Dwarfs.

Except for the fact that they're lands are literally on the map.

They're actually not. They're totally blank, levelled, inaccessible, fogged over areas with coastlines you cannot land on. And sadly they might stay that way. I hope not. Money will talk, I guess. Those are maximum effort zones, so you'd best pump in maximum effort purchasing. If everyone buys all these DLCs 2 years later at 75% off there won't be very many DLCs to buy, lol.
  • SerPus#7395SerPus#7395 Registered Users Posts: 9,692

Only on the one of the maps. And even that doesn't mean much.
  • Valkaar#2507Valkaar#2507 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,765
    Itharus said:

They're actually not. They're totally blank, levelled, inaccessible, fogged over areas with coastlines you cannot land on. And sadly they might stay that way. I hope not. Money will talk, I guess. Those are maximum effort zones, so you'd best pump in maximum effort purchasing. If everyone buys all these DLCs 2 years later at 75% off there won't be very many DLCs to buy, lol.
    CA needs to put maximum effort into their CURRENT DLC's if they want maximum purchasing right now.

I am tremendously unsympathetic to the argument of "buy subpar products now at full price to finance quality products later".

CA isn't strapped for crash. They're a large, growing, profitable studio with multiple record setting or near record setting product launches in recent years.

They have zero financial justification for skimping and being cheap.

Releasing quality products on a consistent basis is the best way for them to secure the future of this series.

NOT cutting corners, cheaping out, and hoping optimistically loyal customers support them anyway due to misguided fealty.
  • Domokun84Domokun84 Registered Users Posts: 296
    Slick, I like how you shoehorned your favorite races into the title to make it seem like a lock.

We see you! Lol
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,640
    I only expect Chaos Dwarf, DoW and Undead Legion.

If we are lucky also Hobgoblins and Serpent Naga if Khuresh.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
    ArneSo said:

UL is awoken Nagash is End Times.

Given that a sleeping Nagash has a shitfit and causes an end game crisis, I'm thinking Nagash as LL is unlikely. Maybe a LH, though.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,640
    Itharus said:

ArneSo said:

Given that a sleeping Nagash has a shitfit and causes an end game crisis, I'm thinking Nagash as LL is unlikely. Maybe a LH, though.
    So Neferata is also unlikely based on your logic.

It’s actually the opposite, the End crisis event makes Nagash as a LL 100% more likely than he ever was.
    ArneSo said:

Itharus said:

ArneSo said:

It’s actually the opposite, the End crisis event makes Nagash as a LL 100% more likely than he ever was.
    How does that make him more likely? Archaon pulled it off in game 1 and 2 just because Chaos wasn't prepared. Now he's not an end game crisis -- he's just on the map.

There is no game 4 coming, so, the same excuse wouldn't hold for Nagash.
  • Slayer_Yannir#8069Slayer_Yannir#8069 Registered Users Posts: 2,635
    I think even that much is hopium. Chaos Dwarfs sure but the other 2? Unlikely. CA even said they have no plans to add them currently, aside from the land area itself.
    Formerly known as Yannir. Oaths have been taken.
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 21,380

Cathay was created with modern sensibilities in mind and there so little created there's not so much that can be brought up. With the limited knowledge I have on Araby I can recognise the fact that the Western nations won the crusades of the WH world when in fact it was the Middle Eastern nations who won these crusades originally. Add to that there could be a number of things that the people in GW have noticed in the most recent lore that has made them think it's not worth the trouble.

I can't speak confidently on any meetings between GW and CA because I never attended, just like the majority of this forum.

Aladdin isn’t GW just in case anyone is confused.
    Anyone who takes the historical Crusades seriously as some kind of contemporary issue or politics isn't someone to take seriously, and certainly isn't someone who plays this type of game. The Crusades also aren't the only relevant part of Araby's history.
    Now you’re talking how people ‘ought’ to act rather than how people ‘do’ act. I can’t speak for certain interest groups or how those group ought to act in reference to historical events. People ‘ought not to get upset’ about a western person wearing clothes of another culture but they do. It is in the realms of possibility that a group of people could get upset that GW decided to rewrite history in favour of the West and apply it to their game. GW may be the kind of company who avoids that sort of issue at all costs.

The fact is you or I have no idea about their reasons, whether we think we do or not. It’s also irrelevant how we feel about those possible reasons because we don’t make any decisions.
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 21,380
    Itharus said:

TGBoGs went over that landmass and saw the trees and land structure underneath via a fog lift mod. Like Cathay we don’t know the cost of adding life to these areas via a race pack.
    Itharus said:

ArneSo said:

Itharus said:

ArneSo said:

How does that make him more likely? Archaon pulled it off in game 1 and 2 just because Chaos wasn't prepared. Now he's not an end game crisis -- he's just on the map.

Read the text of the event again than it gets obvious. 😉
  • Nyxilis#3646Nyxilis#3646 Registered Users Posts: 7,650
    Itharus said:

ArneSo said:

The nature of the crisis doesn't preclude Nagash from existing, because he could be a LL and still get effects with a slight rewording. That there has been an uptick on quotes referencing him I would hardly rule the guy out.

Though people probably wont get his End Times form as they are not doing ET they'll probably get the figure he had on the TT before.

It's really not that crazy to have Nagash about, he's popped up multiple times in history and the Skaven have to save the world. Again.
  • sasori1548#7252sasori1548#7252 Registered Users Posts: 577
    Legions of undeath is likelier compared to ind imo
    ArneSo said:

Itharus said:

ArneSo said:

Itharus said:

ArneSo said:

...nope? Unless you're suggesting that he's in game as an AI controlled faction only?
  • NakedCherub#3435NakedCherub#3435 Registered Users Posts: 78

Legions of undeath is likelier compared to ind imo

Well, at least it will be fair if we dont get tigermans as and gins, cool cav, elephants, camels and jiziles.
    Itharus said:

ArneSo said:

Itharus said:

ArneSo said:

Itharus said:

ArneSo said:

...nope? Unless you're suggesting that he's in game as an AI controlled faction only?
    Are you suggesting a blurb of text means he can't have a figure on the map? Because that blurb has nothing to do with locking him out.
    Itharus said:

ArneSo said:

Itharus said:

ArneSo said:

Itharus said:

ArneSo said:

It’s yet a just another hint at Nagash inevitable addition to the game.
  • Goatforce#6625Goatforce#6625 Registered Users Posts: 8,448
    Nyxilis said:

Itharus said:

ArneSo said:

The nature of the crisis doesn't preclude Nagash from existing, because he could be a LL and still get effects with a slight rewording. That there has been an uptick on quotes referencing him I would hardly rule the guy out.

Though people probably wont get his End Times form as they are not doing ET they'll probably get the figure he had on the TT before.

It's really not that crazy to have Nagash about, he's popped up multiple times in history and the Skaven have to save the world. Again.
    Arkhan got his ETs model, and Nefferata probably will too if her faction banner is anything to go by (minus the Dread Abyssal ofc). So I don't see why Nagash wouldn't also get his ET model.

But yeah Nagash is a virtual certainty imo, there have just been so many hints and nothing at all we have seen speaks against him being added.
    Goatforce said:

Nyxilis said:

Itharus said:

ArneSo said:

Arkhan got his ETs model, and Nefferata probably will too if her faction banner is anything to go by (minus the Dread Abyssal ofc). So I don't see why Nagash wouldn't also get his ET model.

But yeah Nagash is a virtual certainty imo, there have just been so many hints and nothing at all we have seen speaks against him being added.
    Because, Nagash's ET model is when he is boosted by the events of ET. Neffy is different and could very well just take that as it was a mere redesign where Nagash's was a lore based woosh.

But even if they went with his older model I'd expect them to jazz it up and change much of the art just by GW's request for a figure that remains extremely relevant to their current designs.
    Goatforce said:

Nyxilis said:

Itharus said:

ArneSo said:

Nagash will 100% get his ET model but he won’t be as powerful.