Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I think CD, Khuresh and Ind are all we are getting for race packs.

12346»

Comments

• davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 21,380
    I think the most simple expectation is we know for a fact the CDs are on their way and we know that other races are on the way but we certainly don’t know what races are coming.
  • Valkaar#2507Valkaar#2507 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,767

I think the most simple expectation is we know for a fact the CDs are on their way and we know that other races are on the way but we certainly don’t know what races are coming.

Basically this.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,640
    Valkaar said:

ArneSo said:

Valkaar said:

ArneSo said:

Valkaar said:

Dogs of War/Southern Realms will be in before Ind or Kuresh.

Most people thought we would be getting DoW before Norsca.

Most people thought we would be getting DoW before Vampire Coast.

Most people thought we would be getting DoW before Cathay.

Many people (I don't know if I want to push it to 'most', it was close) thought we would be getting DoW before Kislev.

I think the DoW camp needs to cool their jets regarding the absolute certainty with which they believe the DoW are going to arrive before obscure, previously undeveloped Races. CA CLEARLY has a preferential tendency to want to explore and expand those footnote Races where possible.

I'm not saying DoW aren't coming. I'm not saying they aren't coming first. It's definitely possible they could arrive. They could even arrive first. But at this point, it's equally possible they could arrive way later, if at all.
    DoW were always meant to come in WH3, the game that added Ogres, the Dark Lands and Cathay.
    Not at all.

DoW have WAY more association with the Races and geography of the Game 1 and 2 maps.

I understand they are a flexible Race and can fit anywhere. It's one of their advantages. But physically being able to squeeze in somewhere doesn't mean that it's where their 'best fit' is or where they were 'meant' to be.

If you're talking about where MOST of their Lords, Lore, Units/Regiments, Homelands, etc. are referenced, it's almost all Game 1/2 locations. You have to scratch at the footnotes to find Game 3 associated locations and such.

They are not 'more associated' with Game 3's setting over Game 1/2's.

Game 3 is just 'what's left'. Which may be sufficient for them. We'll see.

But Game 3 wasn't 'meant' for them just because it can physically made to work in a jenga-like way.

As an counter example of what ACTUALLY being 'meant' for Game 3 looks like...in terms of geography/lore etc., it's the Chaos Dwarfs. Which is why I have confidence for them and so does everyone else.

But by your logic, the Lizardmen were 'meant' to based in Albion rather than Lustria just because they physically have a reference there 🙄.

The weight of Lizardmen references are in Lustria. That's where they're 'meant' to be. Similarly, DoW were 'meant' for a Game 1/2 setting and were just passed over at the time.

Now people are just falling back to the Plan B of hoping one of DoW's 'Albion-level' references works out for them.
    Read their Armybook bro. Adding DoW before Ogres, the Dark Lands and trade Routes to Cathay are on the map would be weird.

Sure they were possible in WH2, but WH3 is simply way better suited for them.
    Their Armybook mentions Tilea and Estalia WAY more than Cathay and the Dark Lands.

Even for overseas expeditions, they have more references to looking for treasure in the New World and old Tomb Kings ruins than Game 3 areas.

Arguing otherwise is patently disingenuous and you know it.
    Sure but we don’t talk about WH1 now but DoW in WH2.

They could’ve been added in every of the 3 games. But CA decided to keep them for WH3. No biggie.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • CthulhuChild81CthulhuChild81 Registered Users Posts: 187
    edited August 15
    Right NOW, neither Ind nor Kuresh are likely based on CA's own words. This game, like two, is getting years of support and is going to be very different a year or more down the road. So plans could change in their favor.

Seeing as the forum lacks any capacity for nuance, this naturally translates to such people as "Omg this person said they're not coming." People's goldfish memory of Warhammer 2 at launch or even ME at launch vs late content cycle Warhammer 2 notwithstanding.

Ah I see goldfish memory confirmed lol
  • MisterSquid#9555MisterSquid#9555 Florida, USARegistered Users Posts: 2,137
    Valkaar said:

Many people (I don't know if I want to push it to 'most', it was close) thought we would be getting DoW before Kislev.

I think the DoW camp needs to cool their jets regarding the absolute certainty with which they believe the DoW are going to arrive before obscure, previously undeveloped Races. CA CLEARLY has a preferential tendency to want to explore and expand those footnote Races where possible.

I'm not saying DoW aren't coming. I'm not saying they aren't coming first. It's definitely possible they could arrive. They could even arrive first. But at this point, it's equally possible they could arrive way later, if at all.
    Some clarification, having been present for most of the trilogy's lifespan: the only time when people believed the Dogs of War were coming with any degree of certainty was prior to the Vampire Coast's release. Ruminations of mercenaries being "worth their salt" and seeing treasure map teasers and connecting them to Dogs of War ventures abounded before the official announcement of the Vampire Coast. Otherwise, while people acknowledged that the Dogs of War were a possibility, there was never any widespread belief in the certainty of the Dogs of War except in the weeks prior to the Vampire Coast.

That said, while I don't hold the Dogs of War as an absolute certainty, there is one piece of evidence that makes me believe they are more likely than not to be added, and that's the fact that CA has not deconfirmed them. Araby was highly speculated, and that speculation was quickly shot down by CA early into Game 2's lifespan, most likely to avoid dashed expectations. The amount of speculation surrounding the Dogs of War has far surpassed that of Araby, yet CA has been incredibly quiet on the topic. Ind, Nippon, and Khuresh have all also been addressed and yet nary a word has been said by CA in regards to whether or not people should adjust their expectations surrounding the Dogs of War.

It's nothing concrete, but given the patterns with other factions, it's a solid point in their favor.
    Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

Let Slip the Dogs of War - A fanmade Campaign Pack concept
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/303462/let-loose-the-dogs-of-war-a-fanmade-campaign-pack-concept
  • CthulhuChild81CthulhuChild81 Registered Users Posts: 187

Valkaar said:

Some clarification, having been present for most of the trilogy's lifespan: the only time when people believed the Dogs of War were coming with any degree of certainty was prior to the Vampire Coast's release. Ruminations of mercenaries being "worth their salt" and seeing treasure map teasers and connecting them to Dogs of War ventures abounded before the official announcement of the Vampire Coast. Otherwise, while people acknowledged that the Dogs of War were a possibility, there was never any widespread belief in the certainty of the Dogs of War except in the weeks prior to the Vampire Coast.

That said, while I don't hold the Dogs of War as an absolute certainty, there is one piece of evidence that makes me believe they are more likely than not to be added, and that's the fact that CA has not deconfirmed them. Araby was highly speculated, and that speculation was quickly shot down by CA early into Game 2's lifespan, most likely to avoid dashed expectations. The amount of speculation surrounding the Dogs of War has far surpassed that of Araby, yet CA has been incredibly quiet on the topic. Ind, Nippon, and Khuresh have all also been addressed and yet nary a word has been said by CA in regards to whether or not people should adjust their expectations surrounding the Dogs of War.

It's nothing concrete, but given the patterns with other factions, it's a solid point in their favor.
    Dogbert's sacrifice shall not have been in vain!

• TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,455
    Goatforce said:

Oh, and @Nyxilis, here is the official artwork of Nagash's resurrection I believe:

Notice that as he is literally being resurrected, therefore before he hs bound the Wind of Death or eaten any gods, he appears as his newer model.

His new look is therefore canonically not connected with him becoming a god or being supercharged, it is simply the new form that he took, and kept when he later ascended.

True, and CA can empower the self-proclaimed god of the dead from different sources.

• SaintCorn#3148SaintCorn#3148 Registered Users Posts: 2,856

Valkaar said:

I gotta disagree.

I have seen plenty of times in my fairly short time on this forum of people parading the dogs of war as an almost absolute certainty. It may not be representative of the majority, but I have definitely seen that occur.

Dogs of War are in a better place than say Araby or the very vague, "We're not looking at Khuresh, Ind, or Nippon currently, and they would be a long shot to include." However, Nagash has been touted a bunch and CA has yet to make a comment on him too. Making no comments could be said about a variety of races or factions, but I don't think that makes them more likely to include than not. It just elevates them above things like Araby, Nippon, Ind, and Khuresh at the moment which is definitely better than nothing, but it also doesn't mean a whole lot.

SaintCorn said:

Valkaar said:

I gotta disagree.

I have seen plenty of times in my fairly short time on this forum of people parading the dogs of war as an almost absolute certainty. It may not be representative of the majority, but I have definitely seen that occur.
    I can think of a few people who do that (some of who are in this very thread) but I wouldn't say that "most people" hold that opinion.
    SaintCorn said:

However, Nagash has been touted a bunch and CA has yet to make a comment on him too.

Hasn't CA alluded to his implementation? I can't find a source but I seem to remember an interview in the not-too-distant past where a CA employee inferred that Nagash's addition was a question of "when" rather than "if".
    Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/303462/let-loose-the-dogs-of-war-a-fanmade-campaign-pack-concept

SaintCorn said:

Valkaar said:

I gotta disagree.

I can think of a few people who do that (some of who are in this very thread) but I wouldn't say that "most people" hold that opinion.
    SaintCorn said:

However, Nagash has been touted a bunch and CA has yet to make a comment on him too.

Hasn't CA alluded to his implementation? I can't find a source but I seem to remember an interview in the not-too-distant past where a CA employee inferred that Nagash's addition was a question of "when" rather than "if".
    Now, this time I gotta agree.

Personally, I don't remember any such interview, but I might have to look around in a while for it. I think that idea is definitely the community consensus though at least on here.

I don't think people proclaiming them as inevitable are the majority. It would probably be more apt to call them an extremely vocal minority. While majority sentiment believes that they are the most likely addition after Chaos Dwarfs in my opinion.

• davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 21,380
    Nagash may well be an addition, however, he may well be an addition people are not expecting. I remember people saying Be'lakor was 'confirmed' getting his own race and would be the star of game 3.

I've not heard anything to suggest that it's anything like confirmed DoW or Nagash will appear as a CP. I'm still looking forward to see where CA goes on this game beyond the Chaos Dwarfs.
  • AxiosXiphos#9040AxiosXiphos#9040 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,521
    Nagash is a certainty; in that he will come to the series in some form. It's the form he takes which remains the be discussed.

DoW... I want to believe certainly - but CA keep kicking the can down the road. And realistically I think they are going to do 'something' with the Ind & Khuresh Land masses first...
    SaintCorn said:

SaintCorn said:

Valkaar said:

I gotta disagree.

SaintCorn said:

Personally, I don't remember any such interview, but I might have to look around in a while for it. I think that idea is definitely the community consensus though at least on here.

I don't think people proclaiming them as inevitable are the majority. It would probably be more apt to call them an extremely vocal minority. While majority sentiment believes that they are the most likely addition after Chaos Dwarfs in my opinion.
    I found the interview I was thinking of, not sure if the timestamp will work but it's about 49:20. Seems like pretty solid evidence in favor of Nagash, and Thanquol as well.

And to be honest, I think a lot of the hardline beliefs in this fanbase can be attributed to an extremely vocal minority, haha.

• Nyxilis#3646Nyxilis#3646 Registered Users Posts: 7,650
    They've alluded to adding Nagash before, I view his inclusion is 'highly likely.'

Rather the debate is if he'll be a lord in some other faction. Vampire Counts, TK, or his own race. They've said absolutely no hints what so ever on that.

After Daniel, I think he could end up something like that. No so much the design a dead thing, but rather just something else that is just himself but not necessarily with all new units or the like but just a mix of the various dead factions.

SaintCorn said:

SaintCorn said:

Valkaar said:

I gotta disagree.

SaintCorn said:

I found the interview I was thinking of, not sure if the timestamp will work but it's about 49:20. Seems like pretty solid evidence in favor of Nagash, and Thanquol as well.

And to be honest, I think a lot of the hardline beliefs in this fanbase can be attributed to an extremely vocal minority, haha.
    Ah thanks for finding the interview, I will have to give it a listen. Have been rather busy today, so I appreciate not having to search for it.

• Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,640

Nagash is a certainty; in that he will come to the series in some form. It's the form he takes which remains the be discussed.

DoW... I want to believe certainly - but CA keep kicking the can down the road. And realistically I think they are going to do 'something' with the Ind & Khuresh Land masses first...

They don’t “kick them down the road”. They just decided to save them until the time is right. That’s literally it.
  • AxiosXiphos#9040AxiosXiphos#9040 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,521
    ArneSo said:

They don’t “kick them down the road”. They just decided to save them until the time is right. That’s literally it.
    We shall see. But I'm no where near as certain as I used to be. Especially when CA keep making snake jokes...

ArneSo said:

We shall see. But I'm no where near as certain as I used to be. Especially when CA keep making snake jokes...
    They are an Armybook race and fit perfectly in WH3. I’m 100% certain that they will come. Not concerned or worried at all. They are coming. Have faith.

Like I said, they were always meant to come in WH3.

• Azileza#1643Azileza#1643 Registered Users Posts: 46
    Valkaar said:

I genuinely do not understand that argument, nor any of the variation of "why did CA wait until WH3 to have DoW ?". Have you ever seen DoW roster ?

DoW is unique as it's a race that gets cheaper to make the further along it comes. In WH1 it would have been the costliest race by far of the entire trilogy. In WH2, you would have needed to make Ogres, Hobgoblins, Halflings, and all, in addition to their normal troops and the RoRs.

WH3 was always set to add Ogres and CDs, which includes Hobgoblins. The obvious, clear business decision have always been to wait until those are done first, and then do DoW.

It's an absurd claim, that DoW wasn't made earlier isn't a knock against it, on the contrary, it's what always was the most logical and sensical !
  • Azileza#1643Azileza#1643 Registered Users Posts: 46

It's not "kicking the can down the road" it's "Hmm, this race needs Ogres and Hobgoblins, better wait until they're already done with OK and CDs" !
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,123

DoW should be a certainty but they just aren't.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• Makuhico#8254Makuhico#8254 Registered Users Posts: 411

I think DoW won't come.

At least not in the way people expected....

Sure they had an army book but... It was a army book different with others, a race different than others.

Dogs of wars were 2 projects merge into one army, half of it a Tilean army and the other half are RoR.

Now Regiments of Renown came into the game long ago, why didn't launch RoRs whit the army that have more of then?

We know the RoR in gane are stronger units with special properties and this present several balancing issues of half of your army is based of them.

-1 You can't have more than one of the same RoR active in an army at a time, so you will be hard caped for late game, maybe just to one strong army, unless you take of the RoR properties from some of them and become regular units.
    -2 once killed a RoR takes 9 turns to recruit if you lose some of your stronger units for 10 turns you will be in disadvantage and again hard caped.
    -3 having so much units with different stats and better stats could be difficult to balance in Multiplayer.
    -4 if all RoR of dogs of war are aviable it's the possibility that they get some restrictions to be used in tournaments similar that what happen in the TT.
    -5 basic units similar to the empire as bread and butter really don't change that much from empire clones.
    -6 not all the RoR could have sinergy among themselves.

So you have lost of balance issues due the nature of the army itself, underpowered in campaign over powered in MP.

That if the RoR are just exclusive of DoW, but if they are hireable for everyone, then could be this named RoR recruitable for the AI and the player at the same time? Or once recruited by the AI you cant recruit?
    So they will be hireable RoR in multiplayer for every faction (except bretonians) ? Potentially becoming a balancing issue?

Is been any hint in game for the Dogs of War? I don't recall any hint, unlike Nagash.
    In 3 games there is not reference of any DoW characters beyond Southern Kingdoms. The only reference is RoR that are already in the game.

GW also has downplayed them since they removed them in 7th edition, in End times Tilea was killed of screen not any mention to DoW.
    Now we have the Old World and I hear more rumors about centaurs coming back than DoW, I know they yet have to announce more races, but even in the old world seems unlikely.

It could be GW don't really want them back in their original form, no matter the army book still they need the ok from GW and GW too have them in the pike for long time as far as I know.

At least cities of signar are something similar but I don't know if that helps at all.

Ah for the people that says it will be cheaper to make them now, it's like we never have a race incomplete even a DLC specially for game 1 right?
    I mean it's not that they could not be like like Rak with his beasts he got bears after launch thanks to kislev.
    I mean they could be in game from game one and get the Orges when the orges are launch, hobgoblins with CD are launch and so on....

So the argument that they are easier to make as the game progress....I don't know I don't see it too strong really.

In my opinion Kuresh is coming after CD. If there is any strong hint that DoW is coming i didn't see it, Is anyone see any hint to them? A part of they have a army book?

• ChrisSchChrisSch Registered Users Posts: 110

Four empty spaces.
    Jote191 said:

Hobgoblins?

Why not?
    "Dere's nuthin in life as proper as hunt'n from da back of a 'ard taught wolf. Dere speed an' grace makes da world flow by as a stream. Prey who manage to give a good fight'n die with some dignity are way better dan does wot scream and soil der britches, but I take whatever I catch all da same..."

—Brodai, Hobgoblin Warrior

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Hobgoblin

LL: Ghazak Khan, Terror of the East