Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Does anybody know if CA plan on releasing some optimisation fixes with 2.0 next week?

Shogun_SanjuroShogun_Sanjuro Registered Users Posts: 344
edited August 2022 in General Discussion
Because, that'd be really nice, thank you. I have not seen CA mention anything yet.

My graphics are still turned down by 50% from WH2's and I still can't get a great FPS on campaign map and some noticable drops in battle + with my graphics looking waaaaay worse than WH2's.

I know many people still have issues with the campaign map, but even battles haven't improved a great deal for me. I don't see how WH3 can run a lot worse than WH2 when all I've noticed graphically that's changed is lighting, prettier spells and smoother looking graphics on higher settings.

Comments

• Stephince#6150Stephince#6150 Registered Users Posts: 3,301
    This is something I'm hoping for as well.
  • Eth3ryas#4364Eth3ryas#4364 Registered Users Posts: 1,109
    edited August 2022
    It's normal to lose fps if you didn't improve anything. I could run on nearly max settings warhammer II with a 1060 but when warhammer III came out I bought a 3060 and the game runs well for me. Also lighting and foliage are a lot more demanding than mesh on a graphics card.
  • b_took#1657b_took#1657 Registered Users Posts: 387
    Optimization is common during the first few patches after a game's release. The question is really whether CA has been able to correctly identify the worst problems.
  • Shogun_SanjuroShogun_Sanjuro Registered Users Posts: 344
    b_took said:

Optimization is common during the first few patches after a game's release. The question is really whether CA has been able to correctly identify the worst problems.

I think the weather effects on the campaign map have been deduced to be one of the key killers on the map.

Battles run mostly good for me, however my units don't look as decent as they did back in WH2.

I may have to get a new graphics card as I only have a GTX 1060 6GB atm. I can get a GTX 1660 Ti for £260. That's the recommended one on the Steam store page at least.

My RAM and processor are fine.

Still, the game does need some more optimisation improvements.