Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

A poll for science - Do you actually care about Blood pack ?

Comments

• davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member St Helens UKRegistered Users Posts: 22,051
    I don't care about Blood Pack
    Don’t care.. but I bought it in game 1 for completion because it was cheap
  • XxXScorpionXxX#2310XxXScorpionXxX#2310 Registered Users Posts: 6,142
    I care about Blood Pack (explain please)
    b_took said:

what do you mean explain? It's a visual spectacle that's included for free in most other games. To my knowledge this is the only game where you have to literally pay for blood effects.

In my experience, turn-based strategy games have never really gone to the effort of making blood and gore a part of the experience.
    Starcraft? Age of Empires? What?
    Request scorched body textures, and fire death effects. At least 30% of all damage in this game comes from fire sources. Request Fire for the Fire God DLC.
  • #3846#3846 Registered Users Posts: 118
    Dang, almost 50/50. We got our new milk before or after cereals I guess.

Personally, I never zoom-in during battles. Too many things can happen in a second you are not paying attention. Same for death animations. So I just see some red headed characters, that's about it.
  • #57875#57875 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,225
    edited August 2022
    I like blood in my *war*- game

also, it's what I expect to see if a dragon or ghorgon or whatev swoops through a bunch of meatbags
    ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
  • Ekix#9944Ekix#9944 Registered Users Posts: 1,992
    I hope it's better done than in w2 and w1

new Undead Legion:
    Nagash (unlockable for beating game with Undead Legion)
    The Nameless
    Dieter Helsnicht
    Neferata
    Dread King or Walach Harkon

And also give a quest possibility to other mortachs to access/join some Undead Legion recruiting privileges.

DLCs for VC BLOODLINES:
    /Necrachs:Zacharias, Melkhior, Radu the forsaken /Strigoi:Ushoran, Vorag The Ghoul King, Gashnag The Black Prince, Rametep /Blood Dragon:Red Duke, Abhorash /Lahmia:zNitocris, Ulrika, Naaima

• Valkaar#2507Valkaar#2507 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,866

what do you mean explain? It's a visual spectacle that's included for free in most other games. To my knowledge this is the only game where you have to literally pay for blood effects.

In its very MINOR defense, CA has promotionally offered the pack as FLC before. I picked up mine for free during a MLNW event for example.

Although in general, yes, locking blood behind a paywall is a fairly dubious practice that has been called out by numerous content creators, like Mandalore and AngryJoe.
  • OdTengri#8235OdTengri#8235 Registered Users Posts: 10,231
    I want the Blood... I like the Blood.
  • DarthEnderX-#6513DarthEnderX-#6513 Registered Users Posts: 5,214
    I want the new kill animations.

Will probably turn off blood stains.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • Walfur#1660Walfur#1660 Registered Users Posts: 55
    I find that it helps with reading the tides of battle at a glance.
    Like i can read a hit even if the enemy model doesn´t flinch or stagger.
  • razenb#1517razenb#1517 Registered Users Posts: 614
    -20 fps or maybe more for red units?
    No thanks
  • Dragantis#9204Dragantis#9204 PolandRegistered Users Posts: 793
    Well it does add a little flavore to the game, so I do care about it. On the other hand I don't care that much about fps so everything is balanced as it should be.
    Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!
  • Druidsbrook#6139Druidsbrook#6139 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 401
    It never looked good to me. A vargeist would be in a melee for 2 seconds and he looks like hes rolled in a lake of ketchup.
  • JerroserJerroser Registered Users Posts: 793
    I got in for game 1 a when it was discounted and I was feeling charitable. I probably won't notice it much when I'm playing though as I don't tend to zoom in to watch the fighting close up that much.
  • Bonutz#3949Bonutz#3949 Registered Users Posts: 5,763
    I don’t care about the blood DLC per se but I DO care about blood being in the game. It’s lame without it.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • BloatedCorpse1234#9240BloatedCorpse1234#9240 Registered Users Posts: 240
    I like game to be decent looking, but I’m not so into graphics.

Blood pack is just unneeded toll to my poor pc. I haven’t bought the previous ones, and will not buy this.

If somebody likes it - great. Not my thing.
  • harngersteinharngerstein Registered Users Posts: 1,028
    If this game was human sized dudes with little swords and sticks knocking each other around I’d be less inclined to pay for blood effects.

But my guy, we got a game full of angry fantasy monsters swingin around magical tree trunks and swords the size of my mom’s kia. When Fafnir the Lord of the Oversized Deltoids takes a swipe at Nicorandil the guy who won’t stop posting about high elves I expect to see his aorta dancing around like my dad at an Eagles concert. If I don’t see a solid 65 mL per kg of bright red blood soaking the dirt of Middenheim after Hans fails to dodge my iron blaster’s 120mm APFSDS round muh immersions getting a bit rustled. I came here to watch the traumatic consequences of a building-sized statue step on a rat wearing a rag.
  • Serkelet#1834Serkelet#1834 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,084

Blood and dismemberments add to the immersion.

I'm glad there is a slider though, in previous games the effects were over the top.

This.
  • b_took#1657b_took#1657 Registered Users Posts: 387

b_took said:

In my experience, turn-based strategy games have never really gone to the effort of making blood and gore a part of the experience.
    The next time *Starcraft* is a *turn-based* strategy game, let me know. Total War is a turn-based strategy game that features real-time tactical battles.
  • yolordmcswag#6132yolordmcswag#6132 Registered Users Posts: 4,269
    b_took said:

b_took said:

The next time *Starcraft* is a *turn-based* strategy game, let me know. Total War is a turn-based strategy game that features real-time tactical battles.
    And the blood pack is specifically for the real-time part. The same way there are blood effects in starcraft's real-time battles.
  • LordCommander#3741LordCommander#3741 Registered Users Posts: 3,227
    Previously? No. Now it looks decent on the lowest setting? Kinda. There's no 'kinda' option on the poll, though.
    It's a beta.
  • Hourgath_the_Hutrid#4920Hourgath_the_Hutrid#4920 Registered Users Posts: 902
    Ya mean I must enjoy my Crispity Cruncy Munchie Crackerjack Snacker Nibbler Snap Crack N Pop Westpoolchestershireshire Queen's Lovely Jubily Delight without Me Ketchup ?

That's kinda cringe, innit bruv?
  • Tennisgolfboll#5877Tennisgolfboll#5877 Registered Users Posts: 13,481
    edited August 2022

Don’t care.. but I bought it in game 1 for completion because it was cheap

I bought it just to support CA back then as they were heading in the right direction month after month.

I have it turned off though as it looks bad.

Good blood and gore would be nice but as CA couldnt get it right in the much better wh2 im not holding my breath it ever becoming good in wh3.
  • pblllrr#9773pblllrr#9773 Registered Users Posts: 310
    The game feels wrong without it. While I always used a mod to tone down the effects (thank god for the slider) combat looks just stupid without. Imagine getting charged by Minotaurs and not exploding in gore.
  • Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,782
    I am interested to get info on the slider.
    It may be useable then, maybe not.

Red army painting is just silly.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • Darksteel83#1113Darksteel83#1113 Registered Users Posts: 593
    This poll is missing an option.
    Like I care about the blood pack a bit.

I like a over the top total war game to have blood when I zoom in. In most off my fights I won't zoom in at all except during deployment.

I paid for it in WH1 already.

I care way way more about IE. Or more fun (minor) sieges then about the blood pack. I also care way more about the new DLC then about the bloodpack. It nice but not more then nice.
  • GreenColoured#2445GreenColoured#2445 Registered Users Posts: 6,960
    Ever shot something with a cross bow IRL?

It's pretty bloody depending where you hit. Then ever tried to carve your kill up with an axe. REALLY bloody mess.

Now consider what happens in any battle in your average TOTAL WAR game.

Why do you even need an explanation why a game about war need blood?
  • RomeoReject#1666RomeoReject#1666 Registered Users Posts: 2,164
    I care about the sync kills the pack unlocks, though I universally use a mod to tone down the ridiculous red paint on everything. What's the point of these incredible textures if I can't see them three seconds in to a battle?
  • #610044#610044 Registered Users Posts: 791
    It looks bad just like wh1 & wh2. And it takes away 10-20 fps
  • LordCommander#3741LordCommander#3741 Registered Users Posts: 3,227

Ever shot something with a cross bow IRL?
    It's pretty bloody depending where you hit. Then ever tried to carve your kill up with an axe. REALLY bloody mess.

https://tips.fbi.gov/
    It's a beta.
  • Itharus#3127Itharus#3127 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,477
    edited August 2022
    Because bloodless battles in a game where such titanic forces are applied to bodies is stupid.

Hell, I even added blood and damage to my minis n stuff when I made them for the TT. The things you can do with layering, inks, resins, and a bit of scalpel work! WHAT WONDERS I COULD SHOW YOU!