Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

A poll for science - Do you actually care about Blood pack ?

13»

Comments

• dadamovskydadamovsky Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 54
    I care about Blood Pack (explain please)
    Are you seriously asking a bunch of devious armchairs why they want gore on their minions which they're sending out to die in millions, just to stroke their egos over another grand victory for the Empire...?
  • Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,782
    I don't care about Blood Pack
    It looks so bad and is so camp and silly.
    Bad performance of game.

No need of it.

Seen the slider effects now too.
    No thanks.

Keep your tomato sauce simulator CA.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • Itharus#3127Itharus#3127 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,477

Are you seriously asking a bunch of devious armchairs why they want gore on their minions which they're sending out to die in millions, just to stroke their egos over another grand victory for the Empire...?

Excuse you. We stroke our beards. Not our egos. We are a humble lot and feel the loss of every digital soldier.

Bad performance of game.

No need of it.

No thanks.

I swear man do you like ANYTHING about this series? At all? Or do you just like playing the forum?
  • Nihtantuel#8237Nihtantuel#8237 Registered Users Posts: 256
    If they made a slider - this means they have introduced a system where you get a big blood blob on the ground, which you can make slightly smaller. Your game will still look like that Spanish tomatoes festival anyway.
  • SoltharusSoltharus Registered Users Posts: 44
    edited August 2022
    I like it for the additional cool animations, the blood itself is meh.
    Glad to hear there is a slider, saves getting a 'less blood' mod
  • Valkaar#2507Valkaar#2507 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,866
    Itharus said:

Bad performance of game.

No need of it.

No thanks.

I swear man do you like ANYTHING about this series? At all? Or do you just like playing the forum?
    He likes Bears. But only mute silent bears. Perhaps bears with the monitor turned off. But that last part is speculation.

That is all.
  • b_took#1657b_took#1657 Registered Users Posts: 387

b_took said:

b_took said:

what do you mean explain? It's a visual spectacle that's included for free in most other games. To my knowledge this is the only game where you have to literally pay for blood effects.

In my experience, turn-based strategy games have never really gone to the effort of making blood and gore a part of the experience.
    Starcraft? Age of Empires? What?
    The next time *Starcraft* is a *turn-based* strategy game, let me know. Total War is a turn-based strategy game that features real-time tactical battles.
    And the blood pack is specifically for the real-time part. The same way there are blood effects in starcraft's real-time battles.
    Oh, I agree with that. But it has to be admitted that blood & gore are not standard for this game's actual genre, regardless of the injection of real time for battle resolution. Were it an actual RTS or FPS, the original claim would be valid.
  • Bastilean#7242Bastilean#7242 Registered Users Posts: 2,945
    red's my color
  • Dunabar#1872Dunabar#1872 Registered Users Posts: 69
    For me the blood, gore, & dismemberment is like ingredients you put into a meal. Some meals call for it, some meals are improved by it, some meals can do without it, and some meals can be completely ruined by it. In the case of Total War games, the addition of those ingredients actually improves the various products. But, in the case of Total War Warhammer, or rather just the Warhammer setting in general, I would go as far as to say that the meal actually calls for the adding of those ingredients. Going without them otherwise would be like making Alfredo & Noodles without the Alfredo sauce, resulting in the meal simply being incomplete even if the noodles do taste good on their own. That all said however....It is very easy to ruin it all as well, such as making rather mediocre attacks display fantastical bits of carnage (over selling if you will), goofy bloody effects like huge geysers of blood (needless over the top effects one could say), and other things like that which I do hope the DLC will allow me to deal with.
  • NickCageStoleMyFace#5594NickCageStoleMyFace#5594 Registered Users Posts: 2,755
    edited August 2022

Bad performance of game.

No need of it.

No thanks.

I agree, CA has always been bad at implementing Blood into their games.

Blood is great, CA blood poor. Glad we agree.
  • Valkaar#2507Valkaar#2507 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,866
    DTAPPSNZ said:

Bad performance of game.

No need of it.

No thanks.

I agree, CA has always been bad at implementing Blood into their games.

Blood is great, CA blood poor. Glad we agree.
    The frustrating part is....they haven't ALWAYS been bad at it.

They've done blood before and done it well. Or at the very least done it better than how it's being done here.

Here, they just went for the full 'anime approach'. And frankly, even more absurd than that, because even in a blood heavy anime, the character won't explode into buckets of blood until AFTER the killing blow has been struck.

But in this trilogy, models lose gallons of blood every time an animation triggers. Any animation. Block. Hit. Miss. Death. All lose gallons of blood. The preposterousness of it is beyond words. Every model should die of blood loss instantly with every swing of its sword with how this trilogy represents it. It's almost comically absurd.

CA could have at least saved the gushing fountains of blood triggering until after the actual deathblow lands. Prior to that point, much smaller stains, scratches, and mist could be present, similar to what we saw in Medieval 2.

But I digress....

My point is, CA does actually know how to handle this blood stuff better than how they've handled it for this trilogy specifically.

And I will also totally concede, the new slider is a very welcome addition. So they deserve some credit on that front.
  • Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,782
    Itharus said:

Bad performance of game.

No need of it.

No thanks.

I like it all, bar the blood dlc. Which is the least useful or impactful to me.

Chaos spam is meh, but don’t hate it now.

Sea lanes are optional.

It’s all coming up Fin.
  • #3846#3846 Registered Users Posts: 118
    Blood god is satisfied.

While I get the general point of view, I still don't get if the abyssal amount of attention that have been put in the blood pack was for the meme or genuine concern.

I feel like people have been complaining for not having blood pack yet more than they criticized RoC.

Good to see all the opinions though !
    55% vs 44%, I didn’t think it would be this close.
    edited August 2022
    I mean honestly when you consider the nature of the wounds in this game, this isn't that unreasonable. There's like 1.5 gallons of blood on average in a person's body. Strike an artery and that's basically all coming out.

Go grab a milk jug, put it on a chair, grab an axe, and SWING THAT BAD BOY! See how big the mess is.

Or if you're feeling less messy, just knock over a 10oz coffee mug onto your floor. Still a pretty big splatter.