Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Which option for Grand Cathay DLC would be best?

13»

Comments

• Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Registered Users Posts: 40,913
    OdTengri said:

ArneSo said:

OdTengri said:

ArneSo said:

The Monkey King resides in the Mountains of Heaven which are officially ruled over by Li Dau even if he has no authority there.

He often has to use Monkey Warriors in his armies to defend the Southern Provinces against Ind and the Naga.

So yeah… debate closed.

In that Intervew he says the Mounatins of Heaven are Part in Cathay and Part in Ind, still seems your right.

Still think that's a bad direction to go, giving everything in the orient to Cathay is kinda dumb... but CA and GW seem committed to doing it.
    The MoH are a melting point between Cathay. So Monkey Warriors are mainly from Cathay but also stretch into Ind.

Tigermen are mainly from Ind but also migrated to southern Cathay.

But considering that Ind likely (unfortunately) isn’t happening anyways, this makes the most sense.

But if GW expands Ind in the future, I’m sure it will it’s own very interesting twists and lore.
    Might even ret coned the lore as time goes on. If they don't plan on adding Ind...but we get both Monkey and Tigermen snuck into the roster than Modders will build Ind from scratch anyways.
    That’s what I expect. I think the Monkey King will come with the first map expansion adding the MoH, the City of Spires and a small strip of northern Ind populated by Monkey-Warrior tribes.

So something like this:

Summon the Elector Counts!
  • OdTengri#8235OdTengri#8235 Registered Users Posts: 10,231
    ArneSo said:

OdTengri said:

ArneSo said:

OdTengri said:

ArneSo said:

The Monkey King resides in the Mountains of Heaven which are officially ruled over by Li Dau even if he has no authority there.

He often has to use Monkey Warriors in his armies to defend the Southern Provinces against Ind and the Naga.

So yeah… debate closed.

In that Intervew he says the Mounatins of Heaven are Part in Cathay and Part in Ind, still seems your right.

Still think that's a bad direction to go, giving everything in the orient to Cathay is kinda dumb... but CA and GW seem committed to doing it.
    The MoH are a melting point between Cathay. So Monkey Warriors are mainly from Cathay but also stretch into Ind.

Tigermen are mainly from Ind but also migrated to southern Cathay.

But considering that Ind likely (unfortunately) isn’t happening anyways, this makes the most sense.

But if GW expands Ind in the future, I’m sure it will it’s own very interesting twists and lore.
    Might even ret coned the lore as time goes on. If they don't plan on adding Ind...but we get both Monkey and Tigermen snuck into the roster than Modders will build Ind from scratch anyways.
    That’s what I expect. I think the Monkey King will come with the first map expansion adding the MoH, the City of Spires and a small strip of northern Ind populated by Monkey-Warrior tribes.

So something like this:

Yeah... they've clearly already done some shaping work in the area, and that'd definitely the Mountains of Heaven.