Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Proposed Race Expansion #5: Norsca; The Tribes of Chaos

Wyvax#7456Wyvax#7456 Registered Users Posts: 6,205
Welcome to the fifth entry in my series of hypothetical race expansions. Today is focused on expanding the Norscan roster into a broader "Tribes of Chaos" theme overall, so there's a focus on the traditional Norscans plus were creatures, the Kurgan and Hung tribes and expanding the Fimir. Admittedly, much of this thread is recycled from an older thread of mine, but I'm attempting to construct this in a way that results in a legitimate option for expanding the race overall. So with out further ado, here is my proposition for "The Tribes of Chaos" DLC.

New LLs:
Sayl the Faithless Usurper of the Dolgan Tribes

I've flip-flopped a lot over the years about whether to include Sayl in Norsca or the Warriors of Chaos, with the latest DLC, I lean back towards Norsca now. Sayl is an unaligned chaos sorceror who has usurped control of the Dolgan tribes, one of the Kurgan subgroups. He pays lip service to each of the gods, while making pacts with various daemonic entities to further his own gain while finding ways to avoid the cost of each. Sayl is famed for joining Tamurkhan in his famous journery, adding in the strength of his tribesmen and their mammoths to the horde. He also has an affinity for Chaos spawn, his familiar Nightmaw being the coagulated remnants of his former rivals, so in campaign he could have unique access to recruiting them, something that the Norscan roster otherwise has no access too. Sayl is also a caster, using a mixed lore of Heavens and Shadow magic, providing a new interesting mix in a LL while also bringing a wizard to the race. In campaign he can start in the regions of the Chaos Wastes just north of the Mountains of Mourn, spicing up that area in both the RoC and IE maps.

Beorg Bearstruck Leader of the Bearmen of Urslo

Beorg the Bearstruck is the chieftain of the Ursfjordings tribe, a group that has a long history of producing werebears amongst the Norscans, and may be distantly related to the Tzars of Kislev via their progenitor "the Great Bear". Beorg himself transforms into a massive beast prior to battle and fights with tooth and claws rather than axe and shield. Beorg himself is unique in that his measure of transformation is far more complete than typical werebears which marks him for greatness as the leader of his tribe. Beorg provides an opportunity for a campaign that focuses heavily on the were creatures of Norsca, and given his history as a mercenary warrior can be placed far afield on the map, perhaps in Skeggi even.

Mòna Mimn Ancient Fimir Hag

A new character unveiled in the Warhammer Roleplay book "Winds of Magic" earlier this year, Mòna Mimn is over a thousand years old and the last member of her clan, the last of which died off in war centuries ago. She has dwelled alone for many years in a dark tower in the marsh and mires, accompanied only by fenbeast familiars as she bitterly ponders her fate and the future. After so long living in lonely solitude, she has resolved to expand the swamps over the entirety of the old world, utilizing the ancient waystones left across the world. Thus, she can undo the strength of man and turn the tide for her species. She is a powerful witch in her own right, utilizing a unique form of magic for the fimir, called Marsh magic. If she was implemented in game, she could start a new tribe in the cold mires and moorlands of the Wasteland where the Fimir holdout in the mist, and campaign mechanics related to spreading the cold mires around the world.

Lord Mortkin the Black-Iron Reaver

The man who could have been the Everchosen, yet chose to retain his humanity instead. Lord Mortkin is King of the Norscans who ventured into the Chaos Wastes in order to gain power to enact vengeance on Elector of Ostland after his home and people on the Norscan coast was ravaged by Imperial forces. Electing to become a puppet of the dark gods so that he would have the strength to avenge his people, he encountered many hardships in the Chaos Wastes and was blessed by the four as they sought to buy him each, before he lead his Fell Legion down into the Empire to finish what he started. While he could have continued, he stopped after slaying Elector Count Oleg Von Raukov, determined to die as a man rather than eternally bound to the chaos gods as a slave, whereupon his own warriors cut him down.

"Wergild is paid. Let Volganof burn to pay for my home of Ulfennik. Never again will I return there. My saga is ended. I choose now to die as a man, my will my own. I go now, too late mayhaps, to the halls of my fathers."
—Lord Mortkin.

Lord Mortkin is a very interesting character and the subject of much debate here. Should he be a Norscan lord, or a Warriors of Chaos one? Why not be one that blurs the line, I say. A Norscan LL that has limited access to the favors of the dark gods, with the ability to recruit certain WoC and even DoC units depending on devotion. A twist on the traditional Norscan choice to follow or usurp the Everchosen can be given to Lord Mortkin, do you choose to become the next puppet of the dark gods? Or do you choose to retain your humanity, forsaking their gifts and conquer the world for your own saga? Needless to say this character offers a lot of potential for a very unique campaign experience. In regard to start location, he'd likely need to start deep in Norsca itself but have a goal of venturing into the Wastes before heading south to invade.

FLC LL:
Ulricsson Haargald leader of the Ragnarites
(No picture available sadly.)
Ulricsson Haargald is a character from the 2nd edition Warhammer Roleplay. He is the current leader of the Order of the Winter Throne (aka the Ragnarites), an extremist sect of the Cult of Ulric that is prominent in the Northern provinces of the Empire, parts of Kislev and Norsca, the headquarters of which is located in a cave system in the Norscan mountains known as Ulric's Throat, where the Throne of the Snow King stands for the order's master. It's important to note that not all of the Norscans worship the dark gods, many, particularly in the southern regions have more in common with the faith of the Empire and the Kislevites, even trading with them at peace. The LL and the faction that I propose here is to reflect that, providing an Arkhan or Drycha equivalent for the Norscan roster, a good faction in a normally evil race, which in turn would be great for campaign diversity as well as provide a unique ally in the north for the forces of order.

The Ragnarites believe that Ulric, whom they often call the 'Snow King' will one day bring an endless night "Evernacht" of cold to choke out the forces of chaos from this world, and that all men must be prepared for the inevitable long, dark night to come. They are harsh warriors and fanatical ascetics, and some extremist members of their group will go so far as to prepare the peoples for the coming night by burning grain silos during night raids in winter, forcing them to toughen up for survival. The current Ulricsson, Haargald is massive Norscan warrior, grizzled by age and subsisting on melted snow alone. He has not spoken for over thirty years, rarely issuing decrees as monaseries are expected to survive on their own. With the coming of Chaos and daemonic invasion on the horizon, now would be the time for him to rise up and muster his forces to act. Evernacht is nigh!

For such a faction, unique campaign mechanics and units are a must. Obviously they would not be able to recruit the mutant beasts of Chaos, so no warhounds, trolls, fimir, frostwyrm or chaos mammoths. This leaves them with a bit of a short roster, but given the cults ties to both the Empire and Kislev, units can be drawn from each to bolster the forces. So we have Norscan infantry with removed Chaos motifs and unique new voicelines to befit Ulricans, Ice Wolf units, reskinned (by that I mean removing the scraps of skin on the model lol) Skin Wolves and Werekin renamed as 'Children of Ulric', plus certain Empire units such as Knights, Halberdiers, Crossbowmen, Handgunners, Mortars and Cannons but with mixed Norscan and Imperial assets for the men's attire, Shaman-Sorcerers swapped out for Imperial Wizards, and Kislevite units in the basic Kossars and Armored Kossars as well as the Dervishes and Horse Archers, likewise also mixed (just add Ragnarite to the unit name for clarity's sake. Additionally, any owners of the inevitable Middenland/Cult of Ulric DLC that will come will also be able to access the Ulrican units for this faction as well, so Knights of the White Wolf, Teutogen Guard, Wolfkin and Warrior Priest of Ulric. So what we have is a diverse human faction of Northern barbarians that loses out on the chaotic monsters but gains the technology, gunpowder and cavalry of the Empire and Kislev as a result. Not including characters or the Cult of Ulric units, that's a roster of 28 units all together.

New lords:
Dark Emissary

The new caster lord type, Dark Emissaries are followers of Be'lakor that will lend their services to many wicked peoples across the earth in a pact, seeking to enact the will of the Dark Master as they go their way. As a corrupted tribal leader of Chaos, they fit perfectly as a caster type in this DLC. As wizards they have access to the lores of death, shadow and their own unique lore of magic. Obviously, they should be available to Be'lakor's campaigns as well.

Fimirach Noble

A proper Fimir lord! An all around good monstrous lord that would benefit Throgg quite a bit as well as the fimir, a general purpose beatstick monster mash character, perhaps with an antilarge bonus. The name is taken from the unit champion of the Fimir Warriors on TT.

Meargh

A second fimir lord choice but this time a caster. The Mearghs are the true leaders of a Fimir clan, and the only females of their kind. These monstrous hags are very potent in magic and would use the same lores as the Balefiends and Mona Mimn's new Marsh magic as well.

Were-Bear

(Fan art of Beorg Bearstruck himself, but a good piece for representation.)
Beorg is not the only werebear in existence, having a generic version would serve to provide a lord level were creature. As the skin wolf has anti large, perhaps the Were-Bear can be anti-infantry instead to show a role difference.

New heros:
Berserker Champion
Basically I just find it odd how we don't have a human melee hero for Norsca yet. Just make it a hero tier version of the Berserkers with twin axes and a bonus verses infantry plus inspiring abilities for the foot troops.

Vikti

Literally just a Shaman-Sorceror with the Lore of Life.

New units:
Okay, so while I'd like to put a definitive couple of entries for new basic unit types, particularly for Kurgan and Hung themed infantry and cav, the fact of the matter is that it's rather hard to distinguish the Marauders of Norsca, from the Marauders of the Kurgan from the Marauders of the Hung. There are several new unit types that we could for sure implement, such as Hung Horse Archers for a superior longer range skirmish cavalry, but what weapon loadout makes a Kurgan Warband distinct from a Norscan Warband? Maybe a couple of forms of melee cavalry, one shock and one designed for the grind. Call them Kurgan Raiders or something like that. What I'm getting at is that it's hard to make them distinct from one another as most weapon types these peoples use are already in game and they all dress like Chaos Conan. What I do think is that regardless, we could use some new face presets and slight variations of skin tones to establish that they're distinct tribes from the east. I'm sure y'all will have plenty of ideas that I haven't thought of in the comments, so I look forward to them.

Chieftain's Huscarls

Taken from the older Norscan lore, I propose these as a heavier, bodyguard infantry for lords. Exceeding the Marauder Champs in armor value, overall health and leadership but expensive as a result and slightly slower.

Bearmen

The Bearmen of Urslo were a RoR on the TT of Norscan Marauders. They're from the same edition as Astragoth Ironhand's derpy old model and weren't much to look at compared to their art, so just as we know old Ironhand will be getting a facelift, I propose a glow-up for them as well. Lesser werebears as a new monstrous infantry type for Norsca, beefier and slower than the Skinwolves but having higher WS, lacking a dedicated anti-infantry or anti-large focus but instead getting the Berserk rule.

Fenbeasts

Monstrous constructs made from bones, vegetation and the muck from bogs. These are popular with both Dark Emissaries and the Fimir and serve as incredibly hard to kill monsters.

Curs'd Ettin

They may look like mutant giants, but the reality is far more sinister, being the descendants of a horribly cursed and twisted Norscan tribe. They are wickedly intelligent unlike the inbred giants and capable of horrific magic that they unleash on the foe. Even worse, they can regenerate health and come with certain aura abilites. They'd make for terrifying monsters with their cadre of bound spells.

Fimir Shearls

Shearls are the lowest class of fimir, the slave caste that does most of the labor for the tribe. They still go to war alongside the Fiana Fimm (the warrior caste) but they have decidedly less armor and less impressive weaponry, much like their less impressive tail ornamentation.

Boglars

The oddest thing in this list. Boglars are aquatic variations of Gnoblars that can often be found working as underlings with tribes of Fimir much like their mountain dwelling cousins do with the Ogres. They make fine aquatic meatshields for the larger monstrous infantry. They even have an elite version called Toad-Gnoblars, which multiply in water (Gremlins!)

New lores of magic: Marsh Magic and lore of the Dark Master
Marsh Magic has the following spells: A Bite of Midges (direct damage AoE), Despondent Slough (slowing/charge hex), Inculcate Mizzle (vigor/melee hex), Mystic Mist (could function as a buff spell, or resistance), O Mere be More (expands the swamp in Roleplay, perhaps a vortex instead?). She has several other spells in the RPG that are known as petty magic, perhaps one such as "Marsh Lights" could be used as the sixth spell for the finished lore.

Lore of the Dark Master has the following spells: Betrayal in Death (literally a zombie summon), Bolt of Dark Light (magic missile), Coils of the Serpent (direct damage, good for a single entity), Curse of the Dark Master (leadership and MA hex), Fog of Death (likely best interpreted as a stealth spell), Nightmare (hefty leadership hex, perhaps a chance to proc terror?).

So that was my proposition for a "Tribes of Chaos" expansion for Norsca. Please do comment on anything you thinks needs work, or ideas of your own. Like I said about coming up with new basic units, it's sort of difficult to find something really novel, that said, CA are pretty good about creating Silverin Guard and Chameleon Stalker type units to flesh out dlcs, so I'm sure they can handle it. Next time will be a big one.

Comments

• saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,327
    i like every thing in this post except mortkin don't care for that guy he is a chaos lord . and i like the ever chariot lord Surtha Ek.

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,641
    I love it! Where can I preorder?
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,641
    saweendra said:

i like every thing in this post except mortkin don't care for that guy he is a chaos lord . and i like the ever chariot lord Surtha Ek.

Surtha is only a WH1 meme and not a real character. The way he is currently implemented is perfectly fine.
    He is comparable with Sarthoreal.

Mortkin is one of the best characters out there and such a fantastic LL choice.
    ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

Surtha is only a WH1 meme and not a real character. The way he is currently implemented is perfectly fine.

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

#justicefortheeverchariot

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

He already has a unique defeat trait. That’s Justice enough.

Let the meme remain a meme.
    ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

never don't want to play archeon 0.5 i wanna play true hero that every one need Surtha EK lord of chariots

• MODIDDLY1#9212MODIDDLY1#9212 Registered Users Posts: 1,268
    Kinda feels like it scrapes the bottom of the barrel for a bunch of d-list WoC characters and units that have no chance of being added to WoC so you're sticking them in Norsca rather than coming up with new fitting things for the faction : /
    saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

never don't want to play archeon 0.5 i wanna play true hero that every one need Surtha EK lord of chariots
    Wait Archaon is a Norsca LL and rides a Juggernaut? That’s new to me.

Saying Mortkin is Archaon 2.0 just shows that you don’t know what you are talking about.
  • Ekix#9944Ekix#9944 Registered Users Posts: 1,992
    I want a werewolf LL, I am tired of bears

new Undead Legion:
    Nagash (unlockable for beating game with Undead Legion)
    The Nameless
    Dieter Helsnicht
    Neferata
    Dread King or Walach Harkon

And also give a quest possibility to other mortachs to access/join some Undead Legion recruiting privileges.

DLCs for VC BLOODLINES:
    /Necrachs:Zacharias, Melkhior, Radu the forsaken /Strigoi:Ushoran, Vorag The Ghoul King, Gashnag The Black Prince, Rametep /Blood Dragon:Red Duke, Abhorash /Lahmia:zNitocris, Ulrika, Naaima

• damon40000#7640damon40000#7640 Registered Users Posts: 1,866
    we just had chaos dlc, enough is enough
    BsFG dwarf
  • Wyvax#7456Wyvax#7456 Registered Users Posts: 6,205
    MODIDDLY1 said:

Kinda feels like it scrapes the bottom of the barrel for a bunch of d-list WoC characters and units that have no chance of being added to WoC so you're sticking them in Norsca rather than coming up with new fitting things for the faction : /

To be fair, that's kind of what Norsca is to begin with. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ No hate or disdain implied. I can't come up with new characters or things for them, just source what already exists in the setting from the material GW has put out and make some logical inferences from there.

Mate, they shipped WH3 with monogods as four seperate races. I got baaaaad news for you.
    edited August 26
    #memestodreams
    ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

Saying Mortkin is Archaon 2.0 just shows that you don’t know what you are talking about.
    ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

Mortkin was a chaos lord and was going to be a everchosen

he is a norscan as much as archeon is imperial . stop being dramatic
    and jagurnet to riding literally much stronger shape shifiting daemon in archi

Archeon is the upgrade to Mortkin not the other way around. and i don't care for him

• Itharus#3127Itharus#3127 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,396
    Where would you put these tribes? In Norsca proper?

These seem like actual Norsca area types.
    saweendra said:

#memestodreams

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

Archeon is the upgrade to Mortkin not the other way around. and i don't care for him
    Because you hate chaos and also didn’t care about the 4 Champions. So your opinion here is kinda irrelevant. You hate every Chaos character.

Also please never ask for another Bretonnia LL again because all of them are worst versions of LLs we already have.

This is the Chaos game dude, almost every DLC will include chaos in some form.

You better prepare yourself for disappointment.
    edited August 26
    Itharus said:

Mortkin: Ostland

Sayl: Stonesky Foothills (Eastern chaos wastes in General)

Beorg: Skeggi
    ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

#memestodreams

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

Because you hate chaos and also didn’t care about the 4 Champions. So your opinion here is kinda irrelevant. You hate every Chaos character.

Also please never ask for another Bretonnia LL again because all of them are worst versions of LLs we already have.
    Which is why i personally never asks for ones we have already arch type for or are you confusing me for someone else.

Your salt levels are high right now. But that doesn't change the fact he was a chaos lord and was the closet to be ever chosen out side of archeon in this period its a fact....

And i like other characters over him which is also a fact.. me disliking chaos rejects is not the same as me disliking norsca i like norsca. I like fimir and i like surtha ek.
    And i will state my likes and dislikes.

Also the fact you resorted to pettty talk means well i was right . And me being right is always the best out come

MODIDDLY1 said:

Here is something you clearly always seems to forget or pretend that doesn't exist.

They don't need more human units becuase reality they already have plenty of human units.

What they lack is unique designs better looking armor and weapons and animations.

Adding new human units that does the same thing but better is not a good design . What should happen in a rework is CA updating the exsisting models and giving them more animations.

Because right now majority of the roster looks like **** now its even worse since monos and woc have acess to the same **** but better.

So current roster needs a make over and the new units should make norsca look unique.

Not a chaos reject not another human race but something unique and interesting

Wyvax said:

MODIDDLY1 said:

To be fair, that's kind of what Norsca is to begin with. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ No hate or disdain implied. I can't come up with new characters or things for them, just source what already exists in the setting from the material GW has put out and make some logical inferences from there.
    That's fair, though if CA is going to rebrand them as "Northern Tribes" I think the DLC should at least bring a Kurgan and Hung character, a Kurgan and Hung lord option, and at least 2 units for each, as well as the Shaman-Seer lord and the Valkyrie Hero from the citadel journal for Norsca.
    saweendra said:

MODIDDLY1 said:

Here is something you clearly always seems to forget or pretend that doesn't exist.

They don't need more human units becuase reality they already have plenty of human units.

What they lack is unique designs better looking armor and weapons and animations.

Adding new human units that does the same thing but better is not a good design . What should happen in a rework is CA updating the exsisting models and giving them more animations.

Because right now majority of the roster looks like **** now its even worse since monos and woc have acess to the same **** but better.

So current roster needs a make over and the new units should make norsca look unique.

I said they should come up with new things for Norsca. How is "They should update the old models" being discussed as something in a lord pack for them? Under no circumstance should we have to pay CA to make the models that we already bought, actually look unique. That's something that should just come on it's own when they get reworked, not as part of the lord pack.

What do you think, specifically, should be done to them as I have already said the Norscan Marauder model that is used 10 times in the roster should get tweaked to look more unique?
    MODIDDLY1 said:

saweendra said:

MODIDDLY1 said:

I said they should come up with new things for Norsca. How is "They should update the old models" being discussed as something in a lord pack for them? Under no circumstance should we have to pay CA to make the models that we already bought, actually look unique. That's something that should just come on it's own when they get reworked, not as part of the lord pack.

What do you think, specifically, should be done to them as I have already said the Norscan Marauder model that is used 10 times in the roster should get tweaked to look more unique?
    Because all the things proposed in this proposal is actually unique except for mortkin who needs to be shoved in locker

There is nothing really like them in chaos races.

As for the marauders dear lord they need better armor it shouldn't even be a question

There great weapons need a complete over haul on the weapons they use to be bit more realistic and not be assortment of garbage.

Couple of unique animations for speicallay for beserkers so they don't feel so generic

..etc.

The whole maruder roster needs face lift. And dlc should add these cool stuff which fits with Norsca.

• Itharus#3127Itharus#3127 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,396
    ArneSo said:

Itharus said:

So long as they stay the **** outta my Steppes :)
  • XxXScorpionXxX#2310XxXScorpionXxX#2310 Registered Users Posts: 6,022
    Norsca for Norscans!

Beorg Bearstruck and Lord Mortkin!
    Request scorched body textures, and fire death effects. At least 30% of all damage in this game comes from fire sources. Request Fire for the Fire God DLC.
  • Xihu#1413Xihu#1413 Registered Users Posts: 207
    Itharus said:

ArneSo said:

Itharus said:

So long as they stay the **** outta my Steppes :)
    Your hobgob steppes are Hung mang
    MODIDDLY1 said:

Wyvax said:

MODIDDLY1 said:

That's fair, though if CA is going to rebrand them as "Northern Tribes" I think the DLC should at least bring a Kurgan and Hung character, a Kurgan and Hung lord option, and at least 2 units for each, as well as the Shaman-Seer lord and the Valkyrie Hero from the citadel journal for Norsca.
    I'm not aware of any Hung characters, I would have placed one instead of Lord Mortkin gladly. Perhaps if GW and CA whip one up? Sayl is a kurgan though, most of the other Kurgans we know of are pretty much full WoC or monogod warlords such as Vardek Crom and Tamurkhan. I could see a ranged Hung style generic lord choice, and marauder horsemen with bows to represent their culture, though aside from semi heavy cavalry I'm legitimately stumped to come up with Kurgan units that break the mold from the rest. Moreso than the Norscans, the Kurgan tribes are often the 'default' for Chaos Marauders in general, right down to the look in game.
  • SerPus#7395SerPus#7395 Registered Users Posts: 9,692
    Wyvax said:

Sayl is a kurgan though, most of the other Kurgans we know of are pretty much full WoC or monogod warlords such as Vardek Crom and Tamurkhan.

Vardek Crom was a king of Kul tribe when Archaon found him. And when it was the time to invade the Old World in the Strom of Chaos, he came back to his tribe to make an army.

In the Immortal Empires campaign Kul is the first tribe Archaon vassalize. So if Crom will be added in the game to lead his tribe(which is my theory), then he will indeed become the Herald of Archaon.

• glosskilosglosskilos Registered Users Posts: 1,546
    Give Norsca Surtha Ek as an official LL with stupidly oversized chariot. It would be an amazing meme but he could still be a competitive lord if made well.
    Wyvax said:

MODIDDLY1 said:

Wyvax said:

MODIDDLY1 said:

I'm not aware of any Hung characters, I would have placed one instead of Lord Mortkin gladly. Perhaps if GW and CA whip one up? Sayl is a kurgan though, most of the other Kurgans we know of are pretty much full WoC or monogod warlords such as Vardek Crom and Tamurkhan. I could see a ranged Hung style generic lord choice, and marauder horsemen with bows to represent their culture, though aside from semi heavy cavalry I'm legitimately stumped to come up with Kurgan units that break the mold from the rest. Moreso than the Norscans, the Kurgan tribes are often the 'default' for Chaos Marauders in general, right down to the look in game.
    I don't think there is any hung character, I meant CA/GW would need to actually create some new characters / thematic units for the other tribes.

Norsca for Norscans!

Beorg Bearstruck and Lord Mortkin!

Throgg isn’t Norscan.