Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Daemon Prince in Immortal Empires Start

Hi!
I've been trying to play an Immortal Empires campaign as Daniel, but I've failed pretty miserably pretty quickly due to Malus Darkblade starting right next to me with vastly stronger and bigger armies, as such, I have looked online for Guides on the matter, but I couldn't find anything.

Does anyone have a guide I could use? I would already be happy to know how to rid myself of Malus before he steamrolls me.

Thank you in advance!

Comments

  • Yurisusuki#3719Yurisusuki#3719 Registered Users Posts: 1,559
    No, but I failed in my first try too, not just Malus, but Trogg and Archaon came to destroy me.
    In my second try i killed Malus ASAP, after conquering my first province I chase him while he was fighting the tzeench faction, a hard battle but winnable
    Gib mony plox i report u

    http://www.pudim.com.br/

    SALVATION



  • Nostaw03Nostaw03 Registered Users Posts: 1
    So I’m finding that you have to spend your skill points for the bonus’ to diplomacy in the first few turns. First get the one that increases relations with Chaos, and north men. That way Throgg and others won’t be likely to attack you. Hell, it’s kinda worth spending the money to get a non aggression pact with him.

    Once you get all that, and know you won’t get blindsided by others, you can focus on Malus!
  • MortysFeralTomatoesMortysFeralTomatoes Registered Users Posts: 2
    Nostaw03 said:

    So I’m finding that you have to spend your skill points for the bonus’ to diplomacy in the first few turns. First get the one that increases relations with Chaos, and north men. That way Throgg and others won’t be likely to attack you. Hell, it’s kinda worth spending the money to get a non aggression pact with him.

    Once you get all that, and know you won’t get blindsided by others, you can focus on Malus!

    Funny, looks like I did the right thing on my own then lol
    I do still face the problem of Malus being really strong this early on, and his War Declaration being an inevitability though.
    I have also found a similar problem with Kostaltyn, who can't really expand out more than one province before facing a roadblock consisting of either having to attack Azazel, or be attacked by Azazel when doing anything else and subsequently being steamrolled there.

    Maybe the Game 3 factions' starts in general haven't been properly optimized yet?
  • OmegaDestroyerOmegaDestroyer Registered Users Posts: 59
    It really feels like the start positions were not properly tested. Daniel's start is awful. If you do not IMMEDIATELY beeline for the diplomacy buff, you'll be attacked by Varg, Trogg, and Malus. There is no way to stop all three so early on. Hell, in my latest game, on turn 3, Malus went from level 1 to 5. And this was on normal.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Registered Users Posts: 40,879
    edited September 2022
    It should be pretty easy to make diplomacy with Malus as Daniel. I played Malus twice now and I always ended up with a defensive Alliance with Daniel.

    This way you can focus on the east and go against Boris and Archaon.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Registered Users Posts: 40,879
    edited September 2022

    It really feels like the start positions were not properly tested. Daniel's start is awful. If you do not IMMEDIATELY beeline for the diplomacy buff, you'll be attacked by Varg, Trogg, and Malus. There is no way to stop all three so early on. Hell, in my latest game, on turn 3, Malus went from level 1 to 5. And this was on normal.

    Yeah Malus is incredibly powerful and has an kinda easy start.

    I think that will change when they add more LLs in the Cold Mires and Northern Chaos Wastes. These 2 Provinces are currently only filled with Minor factions which leads to Malus having free Real Estate in that area.

    I expect Glottkin and Egrimm van Horstmann to start there eventually, that will make Malus start way harder.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • Itharus#3127Itharus#3127 Registered Users Posts: 16,725
    ArneSo said:

    It should be pretty easy to make diplomacy with Malus as Daniel. I played Malus twice now and I always needed up with a defensive Alliance with Daniel.

    This way you can focus on the west and go against Boris and Archaon.

    Doesn't work the same way in reverse.

    Malus will always attack you. You can delay it a little bit, but not for very long. And if he can trigger possession in battle he can pretty much solo your army early on if you're not lucky.

    This whole uber powerful lords that don't break even though their entire army has been destroyed thing is kind of annoying.

    Vlad and Malus can both do it pretty reliably.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Registered Users Posts: 40,879
    Itharus said:

    ArneSo said:

    It should be pretty easy to make diplomacy with Malus as Daniel. I played Malus twice now and I always needed up with a defensive Alliance with Daniel.

    This way you can focus on the west and go against Boris and Archaon.

    Doesn't work the same way in reverse.

    Malus will always attack you. You can delay it a little bit, but not for very long. And if he can trigger possession in battle he can pretty much solo your army early on if you're not lucky.

    This whole uber powerful lords that don't break even though their entire army has been destroyed thing is kind of annoying.

    Vlad and Malus can both do it pretty reliably.
    Yeah I would say Malus and Vlad are the 2 most powerful LLs currently in the game. And considering that they are small, they have small hitboxes.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • ammo2095#8079ammo2095#8079 Registered Users Posts: 1,548
    edited September 2022
    Lol, why don't you play some custom battles and see which units work best against DE xD There is no pre-emptive good guide that you can get on a silver plate, because you ask nicely...xD

    In my campaign I either didn't fight him or crushed him early in the game. I can't remember how, but the most obvious advice would be to delay Malus and ignore him completely. You won't ever beat him in a 1 v 1 dual with Daniel.
Sign In or Register to comment.