Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Launch Error -dx11

KrulxciferiKrulxciferi Registered Users Posts: 4
edited August 29 in Crashes
I'm having trouble with launching my installed game,
It started when i finished downloading it and launched it.

After i launched it, i clicked the steam file
--with a 'ding' sound, it said exactly this
"Confirm to launch with -dx11?"

I pressed 'okay' but then
it just re-launched the new launcher
for Total War games.

How do i fix this?
Please send help
ASAP
Tagged:

Comments

• BillyRuffian#6250BillyRuffian#6250 Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 40,859
    edited August 29
    Which part of Warhammer are you playing, I II or III?

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • KrulxciferiKrulxciferi Registered Users Posts: 4
    edited August 29

Which part of Warhammer are you playing, I II or III?

I was gonna play II after i was done with all my campaigns in I,
    but then when i launched Warhammer II it just re-launched the launcher with an error in my steam launcher saying
    -dx11

I've re-installed it, but it still got the same problem

Send help please!
  • BillyRuffian#6250BillyRuffian#6250 Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 40,859
    You originally posted in the overall Warhammer Support contents section, so I'm moving this to the Warhammer II section.
    I'd suggest you go to the game's Properties General screen and remove the -dx11 launch option. Then verify the game cache and, if necessary, select the launch option from the launcher screen.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
    Thank you, Mr!
    I'll ping you if your option doesn't work!
    edited August 29

You originally posted in the overall Warhammer Support contents section, so I'm moving this to the Warhammer II section.
    I'd suggest you go to the game's Properties General screen and remove the -dx11 launch option. Then verify the game cache and, if necessary, select the launch option from the launcher screen.

I took a look at the Game's PGS and i did not see any words like
    '-dx11' in the launch option.

The launch option was empty and when i tried to put
    -dx9 into the launch option it instead showed this after i removed it and until the launch option was blank.
    I've also verified the game cache, and its still not even working.

Where can i remove the -dx11 launch option if there is not even a -dx11 LP in the game's launch option?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file