Bretonnia's entire shtick is supposed to be that they have amazing
cavalry, at the cost of every single other aspect of their roster being "meh" or "adequate" at best.
- Their archers don't have armour-piercing nor great damage (and they are horrible in melee)
- their infantry barely rise above "speed bump" for any faction with good infantry (even their "elite" foot squires are worse than empire's greatswords, and the pilgrims are absolute poop comapred to kislev's armoured kossars, despite kossars ALSO having a ranged attack and being recruited one tier sooner)
- They have a single artillery piece with the trebuchet (technically two with its Blessed variant) which is adequate damage-wise, but very unprecise
- Their Damsels/Prophetesses are okay spellcasters, but just comparable to an empire wizard rather than any particularly good themselves.
- Their paladins/Lords are competent melee fighters, but again nothing to write much about.
So, with all that, their cavalry has to be the very best in the game, right?
It's not.Someone did the comparison
, but to keep things short:
Out of every single race's "elite cavalary" unit, grail Knights, supposed to be the very best of bretonnia, the ones that require a tier 5 building and all vows to field?
They only beat Cold One Knights (but not Dread Knights Cold ones), Dragon Princes and Undivided Chaos Knights.
For what is supposed to be the very best/second best/third best (dependign on how you count Royal pegasi and hippogryph knights) cavalry unit in a faction that is wholly focused on cavalry.
that is absolutely unnaceptable, considerign all these other faction have things besides cavalry to support their roster.