Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Bretonnia cavalry needs a massive update and power up

13»

Comments

• The_real_FAUST#6885The_real_FAUST#6885 Registered Users Posts: 2,113
    edited September 2022
    I genuinely believe a mass increase for lance formation with a turning speed debuff and then +2 AP on KOTR and KE on the charge would have an enormous impact on a positive way and take no time to implement.

1.A deeper bit of work would introduce virtues for knightly units and paladins much like chaos marks

2.A reduction in numbers of GK and GG with improved stats

3. The initial steps outlined in the first para.
    Post edited by The_real_FAUST#6885 on
  • yst#1879yst#1879 Registered Users Posts: 10,000
    edited September 2022
    Nah lance formation is easy fix.

All they need is devastating charge, rest r trivial

Dunno why ppl keep talking about giving bret ap, they got plenty of tools for that.
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
  • ArtagnanArtagnan Registered Users Posts: 56
    They also need to remove the idea of vows affecting unit upkeep, sicne it means that you cannot make an army of grail knights/guardians on a whim, even lategame (chivalry bonuses don't give new lords all vows, even at the max level)
  • Pray#3234Pray#3234 Registered Users Posts: 1,606
    edited September 2022
    yst said:

Dunno why ppl keep talking about giving bret ap, they got plenty of tools for that.

give them AP won't matter much see how bad of Demigryph knight /h perform currently .

also Grailguardian , GG fit better with expert charge defense fit more than DGK/h that's very squishy can't trade with anything .

• saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,599
    edited September 2022
    Pray said:

yst said:

give them AP won't matter much see how bad of Demigryph knight /h perform currently .

also Grailguardian , GG fit better with expert charge defense fit more than DGK/h that's very squishy can't trade with anything .

Comment removed.
    Yes demis are bad lol next they will tell me bears are also bad.
    Post edited by dge1 on

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

edited September 2022
    saweendra said:

Pray said:

yst said:

Comment removed.
    You guy ever play the game ? no body pick DGK and proplayer saying they need buff .

now Demis are in bad spot . no way bear is bad . check the stat bear has more mass 2000 more hp. DGK suffered from no lord buff. at least Grail knight can stack armor to 200+ armour but DGK can't do that.

I just don't want to discuss with you since you say Grailknight can kill DGK without breaking sweat . what a none sense .

btw . i'm not a fanboy like you saying Grailknight need buff just because you like Grailknight reason .

Bretonian always have best mobility army in the game especially Hypogryph ( which they are Grailknight too ) but you talk like HPK don't exist .
  • FedakynFedakyn Registered Users Posts: 39
    edited September 2022
    Bretonian cavalry probably needs a little help as they are THE cav faction, but to say its in dire straights would feel like an extreme stance looking at comparables. They are genuinely pretty good. I will not get into this discourse arguing about granular match-up viability but the changes they need have always been fairly simple, and always have been. More speed so that its easier to micro the the extremely high micro cavalry faction. A bit more charge so ideal micro can pay off a bit more. More durability on their elite cavalry which is particularly vulnerable as they have no elite SEM to fall back on.

My ideal has always been for bret cav to have 80 speed (75 for companions), for their lance shock cav to have about +5 CB, and for Blessings of the lady to be a 25% ability (like dragon scales or other moderate tier special ward saves) Honestly I think that is all their mobility needs.

Give the Damsels spell resist aura 20% (like the loremasters or most other spell wards), some minor tweaks to foot squires and battle pilgrims (I've always though +2 MD squires and +4 CB pilgrims) and honestly i think you would have a fun mid tier faction.
    Bret cav charge with lance formation needs devastating charge, this is pretty much non negotiable and needs to be pushed endlessly.

Prior to this theres nothing in game bret could use to assist their cav to make them more loreful and fun to play. But thats now over, with orges having such a perfect devastating charge mechanic that can 100% be replicated and incorporated into lance formation.
  • saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,599
    Pray said:

saweendra said:

Pray said:

yst said:

Comment removed.
    You guy ever play the game ? no body pick DGK and proplayer saying they need buff .

now Demis are in bad spot . no way bear is bad . check the stat bear has more mass 2000 more hp. DGK suffered from no lord buff. at least Grail knight can stack armor to 200+ armour but DGK can't do that.

I just don't want to discuss with you since you say Grailknight can kill DGK without breaking sweat . what a none sense .

btw . i'm not a fanboy like you saying Grailknight need buff just because you like Grailknight reason .

Bretonian always have best mobility army in the game especially Hypogryph ( which they are Grailknight too ) but you talk like HPK don't exist .
    The truth hurts but thats exactly how the lore is set out.

Its just empire fanboys got little power creep on 8th and they keep thinking its the truth.

Hpk exist and so do guns may be try learning how to play them in camapagin might help you out a bit there.

I agree on the dumb buff stacking its bit much i hate all buff stacking so you can go ahead and nerf that.

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• Loupi#8512Loupi#8512 Registered Users Posts: 3,781
    yst said:

Bret cav charge with lance formation needs devastating charge, this is pretty much non negotiable and needs to be pushed endlessly.

Prior to this theres nothing in game bret could use to assist their cav to make them more loreful and fun to play. But thats now over, with orges having such a perfect devastating charge mechanic that can 100% be replicated and incorporated into lance formation.

wtf is "devastating charge". Do you mean their charge should be bigger?

Loupi_ said:

wtf is "devastating charge". Do you mean their charge should be bigger?

Orge charge incorporated into lance formation
    If orge that's Large unit focus faction got it , Bretonian that's almost Large unit focus faction should get it too but should have some condition .