Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Music and Sound in Immortal Empires

DoomballeDoomballe Registered Users Posts: 3
edited September 2 in General Discussion
With all the cool music in the trailers, I personally desperately need more music and soundeffects in-game.

Both in the campaign map and battle.

I've heard the same sound and music since the original: Total War Warhammer
Would really make the game feel a lot more "fresh"

Comments

• Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,666
    I have it on mute and listen to other things.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • DoomballeDoomballe Registered Users Posts: 3

I have it on mute and listen to other things.

Well soon I will too as I don't feel it adds anything to the experience anymore. It's been the same for so long that it makes me forget that I'm playing a "new" game.
  • Gattsu231Gattsu231 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 52
    We need a instrumental version of this in the game during battles. I'm glad they've improved the music greatly in game II but there's a lot of good instrumental songs un-used that are in the trailers.

• Bloodydagger#9716Bloodydagger#9716 Registered Users Posts: 4,729
    Bottom rung of things CA should worry about
  • pblllrr#9773pblllrr#9773 Registered Users Posts: 293
    Strangely Warriors of Chaos have lost their original WH1 music and now get the same stuff as the monogod factions.
    Empire, Bretonnia and Dwarfs sharing their music has been a problem since WH1 and CA has acknowledged this. Whether they actually fix this with Lord Pack budgets, who knows? Personally I'd rather have more units and LLs than more music.

In any case the minimum quality of content has increased massively since WH1 so these are just problems we have to live with.
  • Abhorash_DrSl#2943Abhorash_DrSl#2943 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 140
    edited September 3
    The WH1 soundtrack was okay but the WH2 soundtrack was incredible! 10/10 especially for the high and dark elves and tomb kings! Amongst several other things (cough performance, minor settlements) I was disappointed with the WH3 soundtrack from what Ive heard. Does each god get their own music or is it shared between general Chaos?
  • DoomballeDoomballe Registered Users Posts: 3
    Gattsu231 said:

We need a instrumental version of this in the game during battles. I'm glad they've improved the music greatly in game II but there's a lot of good instrumental songs un-used that are in the trailers.

Yep, I would not mind having it play as is, while sieging certain settlements and doing quest battles.
  • MrevorTMrevorT Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 54
    Slight drift, but for those who do listen to the music/effects, do you use a soundcard? My 2.1 speakers plug direct to the motherboard, would i notice any appreciable difference by installing a proper sound card?
    I7 2600K @ 3.4GHZ
    8GB Ram
    Win 10 64bit
    GeForce 980TI
    2 * Dell U2715H
  • Kannabyss420#5579Kannabyss420#5579 Perth, AustraliaRegistered Users Posts: 94
    edited September 7
    What are you talking about?
    There is the amazing music from the first and second one, which has now been blended into some new music for each of the factions I've played so far: Vlad, Arkhan and now Markus Wulfhart, and the new stuff is 10/10 amazing.

Maybe I've smoked too much and can't interpret sounds correctly, but I'm pretty certain that's not the case, (I mean, what does "too much" even mean anyways?)

I still have some very constructive criticisms about some of the voice acting, but the sounds in this game are one of the things I'm not sure how you could find complaint with. Even the background noise in battles is atmospheric! I use very old headphones too.
    The only thing I found annoying about the music is that sometimes certain tracks get stuck on loop (after battle music when choosing rewards), that sometimes don't go away unless you reload, or startup up another battle. Or certain sound effects, like the gold coins clinking, doing the same thing by looping.
    Honour? Death? I will bring to you the honour of Death so you may understand such concepts more clearly!