Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Am I the only one fearing that...

Pat_Miller#4627Pat_Miller#4627 Registered Users Posts: 51
CA may slow down its rate of production of TW titles to the benefit of other type of game from now on ?
It feels very weird to me that they have not announced any future title -not even a SAGA - when they were openly on 3 fronts early 2020.
What's happening ?

Comments

• Heretical_Cactus#7598Heretical_Cactus#7598 Registered Users Posts: 3,035
    They currently are on:

- Warhammer 3
    - Hyena (FPS)
    - 3Kingdoms' team project (Unnamed project iirc)

• Commisar#2307Commisar#2307 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,178
    Nope. WH3 was meant to release last year, the long drawn out covid issues pushed it back so it's safe to say it's done the same to the other lines. So not surprised in the least that they haven't announced another TW title while they are still heavily pushing WH3 with it's recent release and the large scale expansion that just dropped.

I wouldn't be shocked if it took more time to make future titles, with the increasing complexity and detailed graphics I'd expect it to take longer to make each game and as a successful company I don't expect them to stick to just one rather niche game line. Alien Isolation was great so I'd love to see them do other games like that.
  • Pat_Miller#4627Pat_Miller#4627 Registered Users Posts: 51
    edited September 2022

They currently are on:

- 3Kingdoms' team project (Unnamed project iirc)

3Kingdoms' team project is often called 3K2 but it has not been confirmed it's gonna be a TW title. Last time I've heard they mentioned "a game in the setting of the romance of the 3K" or did I miss something since ?
    Commisar said:

I wouldn't be shocked if it took more time to make future titles, with the increasing complexity and detailed graphics I'd expect it to take longer to make each game

There were rumours about CA changing its graphical engine for the next title. Have you heard of any solid confirmation on this ?
  • Commisar#2307Commisar#2307 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,178

There were rumours about CA changing its graphical engine for the next title. Have you heard of any solid confirmation on this ?

Nope. But a recent job listing mentioned a TW management position where they wanted people with experience with consoles and games as service for a future title. So could be some big changes coming but not ones the community really wants.
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member St Helens UKRegistered Users Posts: 22,082
    We knew this was happening, however, we know that we are getting a saga and a major historical release at some point.

CA have always done games beyond TW, one of note is Alien Isolation.
    With the recent announcement of the very long drought affecting the TW3 schedule, and the fact no other TW game has been advertised, I think it's safe to assume there's definitely a pb at CA.
    Whatever the CA white knigths and other "Nope, blabla" posters who constantly plague these forums with there fake knowledge may think...
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member St Helens UKRegistered Users Posts: 22,082
    I think you’re just over egging an issue that doesn’t need it. CA made it clear there’s be no TW titles this year so the could crack on with sorting WH3 out. We know there’s a 3K2 coming and no doubt there’ll be a Saga title announced next year.

‘We’ don’t know there’s a massive problem at CA beyond a 3 month delay (update 3.0 was never set in stone) of a major update.

I think you’re just over egging an issue that doesn’t need it. CA made it clear there’s be no TW titles this year so the could crack on with sorting WH3 out. We know there’s a 3K2 coming and no doubt there’ll be a Saga title announced next year.

‘We’ don’t know there’s a massive problem at CA beyond a 3 month delay (update 3.0 was never set in stone) of a major update.

Ah Davedave ! Always around to share his opinion...
    I sincerely hope you 're a lobbyist for CA because if you don't...
  • VikingHuscal1066#5774VikingHuscal1066#5774 Registered Users Posts: 4,431

With the recent announcement of the very long drought affecting the TW3 schedule, and the fact no other TW game has been advertised, I think it's safe to assume there's definitely a pb at CA.
    Whatever the CA white knigths and other "Nope, blabla" posters who constantly plague these forums with there fake knowledge may think...

People who point out facts that contradict your views aren't "CA white knights" or trolls dude.

Quit trying to inflate something that isn't really an issue like it means anything.
    yeah yeah whatever...
  • VikingHuscal1066#5774VikingHuscal1066#5774 Registered Users Posts: 4,431

yeah yeah whatever...

I and many others could say the exact same thing to you, and it would be more meaningful.

Ah Davedave ! Always around to share his opinion...
    I sincerely hope you 're a lobbyist for CA because if you don't...
    Yep, giving an opinion on a forum.. crazy.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,788
    Let's all avoid personal remarks folks. You've all been here long enough to know you need to discuss the thread topic, and not each other.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• united84#8186united84#8186 Registered Users Posts: 1,147
    The content delay for TWW3 is most likely due to the fact that CA Sofia has been assigned to a new action game. Initially, CA Sofia was been tasked to help out with TWW3 content.

Overall, I think the lacked of communication has contributed to wild speculation amongst fans of TW. If only CA would release a blog stating their future projects, not only for TWW but other franchises. I think that would reduce those wild speculation. Nonetheless, I could also understand why they refuse to do so after that embarassing announcement that they would end support for TW3K prematurely after mentioning that there would be at least another Northern Expansion.
    I don’t think CA planned a certain action and then suddenly decided to put some of their team on a different game.

It could be anything, the fixes are more complex than they thought and it’s generated more problems, accusations have caused low morale, key staff leaving, more time for play testing etc. more likely a combination of many things but certainly nothing to worry about for the games long term survival.
    edited November 2022

The content delay for TWW3 is most likely due to the fact that CA Sofia has been assigned to a new action game. Initially, CA Sofia was been tasked to help out with TWW3 content.

I suspect something like that. The fact that CA does not announce any future TW games + the fact that they are engaged in FPS developments (Hyenas + the new one on Unreal ) smells very bad.
    I'm so tired of posters systematically speaking for CA, publicizing fake news about a future historical TW, a saga , etc...
    The fact is nothing has been officially announced. Not even the so called 3K2.
    I've even come to think that some of them may actually work for CA as lobbyists.
    If not, I don't understand their logic, or maybe they just love to reprimand others...