Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Unit upgrades for All Races (WoC Marauder System)

FrumpyFurling#5545FrumpyFurling#5545 Registered Users Posts: 3
The WoC Marauder system that was recently implemented was perfection, and with that I would love to see a similar system implemented for the other factions. For example:

Taking the Lizard Men, you can recruit Saurus Warriors early on but it takes a while to unlock SW with Shields. It doesnt make sense to take these perfectly capable warriors and send them away or kill them whatever happens when you disband a unit when you can just hand them a shield...here you go you are SW with Shields now. Ta da!!! I do like the gating that you have to go through with ranks with the WoC Marauder system and I really wouldn't change anything on that front.

The same can be accomplished with almost all other races:

Empire Spearmen - Empire Spearmen with Shields
Ungor Spears - Ungor Spears with shields
High Elf Archers - High Elf Archers with light Armor

Also...an just wishful thinking the same principle could work with Feral and non-feral beasts eg: Feral Stegadon -> Stegodon -> Ancient Stegodon <---> Ancient Stegodon with Engine of the Gods...Etc.

I think this would make it so Campaigning Armies wouldn't have to come back to a province to recruit a specific unit or pay double and wait double for a global recruitment. also would incentivize players to utilize those lower tier units.

Just my thoughts.
5 votes

Under Review · Last Updated