Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Anyway to downpatch back to 2.0?

theloonymantheloonyman Registered Users Posts: 2
Is there a reliable method to rollback to a previous version of the game?
I've tried downloading the old package from the Steam console and replacing the game files with it, but for me that just makes the game crash on startup.

There really should be a built-in way to revert back to old versions if we can't have old game saves reliably work with new versions. In all likelihood, hopefully WH3 is going to receive patches somewhat regularly, but for anyone without the abnormal amount of free time needed to finish an IE campaign in between patches, this makes the game pretty much unplayable so long as the game is being as regularly patched as it should.

Comments

• RomeoReject#1666RomeoReject#1666 Registered Users Posts: 2,093

Is there a reliable method to rollback to a previous version of the game?
    I've tried downloading the old package from the Steam console and replacing the game files with it, but for me that just makes the game crash on startup.

There really should be a built-in way to revert back to old versions if we can't have old game saves reliably work with new versions. In all likelihood, hopefully WH3 is going to receive patches somewhat regularly, but for anyone without the abnormal amount of free time needed to finish an IE campaign in between patches, this makes the game pretty much unplayable so long as the game is being as regularly patched as it should.

I was also wondering, since the game invariably crashes for me on the new patch. I've not had any campaign go longer than a dozen turns before crashing in between rounds.