Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Indypride asks: What's Next for the Vampire Counts?

Cortes31#6909Cortes31#6909 Registered Users Posts: 2,385
edited September 9 in General Discussion

Comments

• GoblinDoomStackGoblinDoomStack Registered Users Posts: 314
    Is this what he wants to happen or have CA announced it?
  • Lunaticprince#9972Lunaticprince#9972 Registered Users Posts: 6,838

Is this what he wants to happen or have CA announced it?

the first

and second

I will never accept a second coc if there aren't new mechanics

It would be a absolute disgrace for neferata

• Biggles#4266Biggles#4266 Registered Users Posts: 3,078
    Haven't watched it but surely Konrad can sneak in as a LH?
  • Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 15,854
    Without unique mechanics for each LLs I'd be disappointed.The 4 LLs type of lord pack is not a bad idea, I just want the same standard of quality as the WH2 lord packs.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,645
    Yes please.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,645
    Neodeinos said:

Without unique mechanics for each LLs I'd be disappointed.The 4 LLs type of lord pack is not a bad idea, I just want the same standard of quality as the WH2 lord packs.

Yeah they deserve bespoke mechanics.
  • SerPus#7395SerPus#7395 Registered Users Posts: 9,692
    Cortes31 said:

NO Konrad

Absolutely disgusting
    SerPus said:

Cortes31 said:

NO Konrad

Absolutely disgusting
    Nah the last thing we need is yet just another Von Carstein.
    ArneSo said:

we

Speak for yourself.
  • ammo2095#8079ammo2095#8079 Registered Users Posts: 1,548
    I didn't ask Indypride.
  • DarthEnderX-#6513DarthEnderX-#6513 Registered Users Posts: 4,742
    edited September 9
    Cortes31 said:

Not all units, like Crypt Ghouls for example, should crumble.

Well that's definitely true. Ghouls aren't undead. They should break like normal mortal units do.

Edit: Oh, wait, Ghouls are undead in 8E. They didn't used to be. Nevermind then.
    ammo2095 said:

I didn't ask Indypride.

Nobody asked if you asked.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • ammo2095#8079ammo2095#8079 Registered Users Posts: 1,548

Cortes31 said:

Not all units, like Crypt Ghouls for example, should crumble.

Well that's definitely true. Ghouls aren't undead. They should break like normal mortal units do.

Edit: Oh, wait, Ghouls are undead in 8E. They didn't used to be. Nevermind then.
    ammo2095 said:

I didn't ask Indypride.

Nobody asked if you asked.
    Pointless point taken.

Enjoy.
  • OdTengri#8235OdTengri#8235 Registered Users Posts: 10,214
    This wasn't much of a Video.... oh 4 LL's with no units in the pack. OMG... what 4 Vamp Blood lines with the exact same rosters? How would that not be an even worse version of of the Chaos Warrior one.. at least we got a hefty smattering of Chaos Warrior reskins. He's not even proposing that. I'd be proposing far more for them than that. I think if we're going to get a CoC style DLC for the Bloodlines than each Bloodline should have a semi-distinct roster.

Also the Undead DID CRUMBLE/DESINTEGRATE in 8th edition and Ghouls/Liches where not "Alive!" by 8th edition, while I mostly think that 6th edition was in some ways the most developed WHFB got the streamlining of the Undead to a 100% undead Roster by 8th edition was a welcome change that made them easier to play. I'm not opposed to Vampire/Ghoul units getting regular leadership mechanics but it's totally consistent. Hell back in TWWH1 Days I was strongly in favor, it still might be a good idea, but Indy is off when he's saying its inconsistent with the source material. At best you could say the Source Material is inconsistent with itself.

Lets say though that Vampires/Ghouls gain regular Retreat Mechanics, that would be a hefty list.
    1. Vampire Lords
    2. Lich Lords
    3. Vampire Heroes
    4. Lich Heroes
    5. Crypt Ghouls
    6. Crypt Horrors
    7. Blood Knights
    8. Mournguls
    9. Varghists
    10. Varghulf
    And Possibly due to their Lich or Vampire "Rider"
    1. Corpse Carts
    2. Black Coaches
    It would certainly call for huge balance changes.
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 11,233
    So a 4 LL DLC with no units? Unless it was significantly cheaper than CoC I don't think it would good.

Besides, he talks about how having 3 Von Carsteins is bad but then omits the fact that the Red Duke at some point will be made a full LL, making it 2 Blood Dragon LLs with Walach which repeats the same mistake.

Red Duke FLC at some point gives us a Blood Dragon, a VC DLC with Neferata gives us a Lhamia, another DLC with Zacharias gives us a Necrarch and Vorag as another FLC gives us an Strigoi.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • XxXScorpionXxX#2310XxXScorpionXxX#2310 Registered Users Posts: 6,022
    I agree with Indy on his picks but there's no way Konrad isn't coming. CA is adapting everything in the 8th edition.
    Request scorched body textures, and fire death effects. At least 30% of all damage in this game comes from fire sources. Request Fire for the Fire God DLC.
  • Itharus#3127Itharus#3127 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,399
    I'd like to see Chaos Dwarfs, Hobgoblin Khanate, Ind, and Khuresh before more lord packs for extant races.

Get the new stuff outta the way then round everything out and polish to perfection imo.

I agree with Indy on his picks but there's no way Konrad isn't coming. CA is adapting everything in the 8th edition.

What is exactly the point of a 4th Von Carstein? When there are Bloodlines that aren't even represented? And I don't see DoC as a Daemon only Race anywhere, so no, CA doesn't adapt everything from 8th.
    - Anonymous
  • WhySoSalty#3990WhySoSalty#3990 Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    ArneSo said:

SerPus said:

Cortes31 said:

NO Konrad

Absolutely disgusting
    why not? Let him be a LH. its not like hes gonna take a spot from someone that way. + CA stated that they want to add more LH
    My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperial, can you say the same?

• OdTengri#8235OdTengri#8235 Registered Users Posts: 10,214
    Itharus said:

I'd like to see Chaos Dwarfs, Hobgoblin Khanate, Ind, and Khuresh before more lord packs for extant races.

Get the new stuff outta the way then round everything out and polish to perfection imo.

Nah... they need to intersperse Campaign and Lord Packs. Back to back Campaign packs would be a lot of bad Campaign packs or long waits between dlc.

ArneSo said:

SerPus said:

Cortes31 said:

NO Konrad

Absolutely disgusting
    why not? Let him be a LH. its not like hes gonna take a spot from someone that way. + CA stated that they want to add more LH
    Pretty sure Arne was saying no to Konrad as a LL, not as a LH.
    - Anonymous

ArneSo said:

SerPus said:

Cortes31 said:

NO Konrad

Absolutely disgusting
    Pretty sure Arne was saying no to Konrad as a LL, not as a LH.
    ohh well in that case im 100% on his side

• XxXScorpionXxX#2310XxXScorpionXxX#2310 Registered Users Posts: 6,022

What is exactly the point of a 4th Von Carstein? When there are Bloodlines that aren't even represented? And I don't see DoC as a Daemon only Race anywhere, so no, CA doesn't adapt everything from 8th.
    Isn't Daemon only race what Daniel is? They're represented. Listen I don't particularly want Konrad either but he's pretty much a sure bet if not an FLC lord then as a Legendary Hero.
    Request scorched body textures, and fire death effects. At least 30% of all damage in this game comes from fire sources. Request Fire for the Fire God DLC.

Isn't Daemon only race what Daniel is? They're represented. Listen I don't particularly want Konrad either but he's pretty much a sure bet if not an FLC lord then as a Legendary Hero.
    No, Godslayer has access to all the Daemons and SOME Mortals, not all of them but he is far from being Daemon only.

Konrad is perfect as a LH, no need to waste a LL slot in more Von Carsteins, not even FLC, for that we have the Red Duke.
    - Anonymous

No, Godslayer has access to all the Daemons and SOME Mortals, not all of them but he is far from being Daemon only.

Konrad is perfect as a LH, no need to waste a LL slot in more Von Carsteins, not even FLC, for that we have the Red Duke.
    honestly i have no idea why ppl are asking for a 4th Carstein who on top of that is the most boring (pure melee fighter) while we have 4 bloodlines left and a possible sixth bloodline with Harakhte.
    Even after that there are big necromancer names like Helsnich and Drachenfels who are far more important than Konrad. they obviously would not take a VC spot away but still 2 more undead that need to be placed somewhere on the map.

What is exactly the point of a 4th Von Carstein?

Him being a fun character?
    Putting some sort of quota that result in characters being left out is the worst thing CA can possibly do. And, thankfully, they aren't doing that.
    SerPus said:

What is exactly the point of a 4th Von Carstein?

Him being a fun character?
    Putting some sort of quota that result in characters being left out is the worst thing CA can possibly do. And, thankfully, they aren't doing that.
    fun? well go on explain how he is fun other than any regular melee lord. he is worse that Vlad in melee and have 0 magical talent. LH is where he belongs

well go on explain how he is fun other than any regular melee lord

Lack of magical powers offer gameplay that is different from other VC characters, and he has interesting lore that can result in campaign mechanics/quests based on his madness.
    Did I also mention his charming personality?

• Wyvax#7456Wyvax#7456 Registered Users Posts: 6,207
    I sincerely doubt Indy was suggesting shipping them in 4pack without unique mechanics or with simple reskins for new units. He touched on both those aspects in passing, but the focus was moreso on the characters and factions themselves than anything else. Plenty of folks have mined out multiple possibilities for units already.
    SerPus said:

well go on explain how he is fun other than any regular melee lord

Lack of magical powers offer gameplay that is different from other VC characters, and he has interesting lore that can result in campaign mechanics/quests based on his madness.
    Did I also mention his charming personality?

lack of magical powers? hmm if we just had about 3 possible blood dragons like the Duke, Wallach and even Abhorash who would have exactly that "lack of magical powers" playstyle and all 3 would wipe the floor with Konrad.
    We have Luthor with his madness and i rather see Marius Leitdorf with proper madness mechanics than giving an undead spot to a Vlad light while we have about 10 big missing names

lack of magical powers? hmm if we just had about 3 possible blood dragons like the Duke, Wallach and even Abhorash who would have exactly that "lack of magical powers" playstyle and all 3 would wipe the floor with Konrad.

Well, not quite. They are better at magic and none of them is as fun as a character.

we have about 10 big missing names

Yeah, and Konrad is on that list. I'd say that he's on the top of it.