Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Indypride asks: What's Next for the Vampire Counts?

Comments

• DarthEnderX-#6513DarthEnderX-#6513 Registered Users Posts: 4,742
    edited September 9

Besides, he talks about how having 3 Von Carsteins is bad but then omits the fact that the Red Duke at some point will be made a full LL, making it 2 Blood Dragon LLs with Walach which repeats the same mistake..

2 ≠ 3.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • WhySoSalty#3990WhySoSalty#3990 Registered Users Posts: 1,515

So a 4 LL DLC with no units? Unless it was significantly cheaper than CoC I don't think it would good.

Besides, he talks about how having 3 Von Carsteins is bad but then omits the fact that the Red Duke at some point will be made a full LL, making it 2 Blood Dragon LLs with Walach which repeats the same mistake.

Red Duke FLC at some point gives us a Blood Dragon, a VC DLC with Neferata gives us a Lhamia, another DLC with Zacharias gives us a Necrarch and Vorag as another FLC gives us an Strigoi.

as i said multiple times: make Wallach a bloodline LL for VC and the Duke a hybrid Bretonnian LL with access to a midex roster of living/undead bret units
    My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperial, can you say the same?

• RatchildWarbossRatchildWarboss Registered Users Posts: 21
    edited September 9
    Neferata with a similar mechanic of clan Eshin with shady deals and the ability to turn enemy human lords into Vampire thralls. Starts in Silver Pinnacle next to Ungrim.
  • MODIDDLY1#9212MODIDDLY1#9212 Registered Users Posts: 1,268
    SerPus said:

What is exactly the point of a 4th Von Carstein?

Him being a fun character?
    Putting some sort of quota that result in characters being left out is the worst thing CA can possibly do. And, thankfully, they aren't doing that.
    We aren't putting a quota on characters, the passage of time is. There are a huge amount of races, and tons of missing characters. Unless you think Counts should be put to the front of the line for every one of those DLC's, either the counts spend years missing bloodlines, or redundant characters like another Von Carstein get put to the very back of the line.
  • eomat#7953eomat#7953 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,897
    Necrarch definitely needs a new model. 2 variants like most generic lords. That kitbash joke is old now. They need to look like the one in the selection screen.
  • MODIDDLY1#9212MODIDDLY1#9212 Registered Users Posts: 1,268
    eomat said:

Necrarch definitely needs a new model. 2 variants like most generic lords. That kitbash joke is old now. They need to look like the one in the selection screen.

Absolutely the bloodline lords could use a another pass! I hope that some of the models that are just exact copies get a second look when the lord pack for the race comes. (Syreens, Bloodline lords, Norscan Mauraders, and Tzar Guard are some of my personal gripes)
  • SerPus#7395SerPus#7395 Registered Users Posts: 9,692
    MODIDDLY1 said:

Unless you think Counts should be put to the front of the line for every one of those DLC's, either the counts spend years missing bloodlines, or redundant characters like another Von Carstein get put to the very back of the line.

The thing is that we don't know how exactly CA are planning to add new VC(or any other) characters. There might be 4 LL DLC for them, or maybe they will get a couple of LPs and FLCs.
    And while I don't consider a literal Vampire Count character from the Vampire Counts army book redundant, but I don't mind the back of the line thing as long as there is a line.
  • cavebear56cavebear56 What are you trying to glean?Registered Users Posts: 107
    edited September 10
    Konrad should come as a flc at the very least.

Honestly he should have been in over Ghorst.

He's crazy, which is always a good trait to have in Warhammer Fantasy.

Luthor, Marius and...Konrad they're all part of the same club.

Plus a melee beatstick focus Vampire Lord. Sure you can make Vlad that or most but none of them HAD to depend on that .

Konrad did.

He was terrible and relied on necromancers heavily. He did also have all the cats killed in his domain (not cool, quote: Curse Mummy) and if I remember he had his mother put to death for not getting his consent when she gave birth to him.

Have a Bloodthirst mechanic where his empire and forces are further adjusted based upon how much he has been sated. With crazy a quests that run the from starting a war with 1 empire and 1 dwarf faction at the same time or raiding your own lands for X turns with Konrad.

1. Necrarch would be W'soran, take your pick. Or having one of the other two dropping hints that they're actually W'soran. Also finally flesh Necrarchs out a bit more, sure they're the nerd herds of vampires but they're still vampires their stats should be buffed up a bit. Give them a Moulder/Skryre lab place to let us relive the days of Dominus (loved that game).

2. Lahmians are a shoe in for Neffy with a cult/coven theme. Allow them to thrall or pull in other factions heroes (as a forced outpost like mechanic maybe). Maybe even work a Belakor like mechanic but on a hero level.

3. Strigoi...take your pick. Ushoran would be grand as then him, Neffy and Vlad really need to sit down and have a talk. Give them something but I'd also be down with a Ogre camp like mechanic with a huge focus on the Strigany. Allowing for opening up trade to more folks as well as create a land based black ark like mechanic for Vamps so they don't suffer attrition or gain other benefits from being in its radius. Key thing, make it mobile (big problem with Ogre camps).

Will he try again to succeed where his sister failed, or where his sister caused him to fail? Or has he traded his original vision for vengeance against those who mistreated and cast out him and his bloodline?

4. Blood Dragons. As much as I'd love to Aborash I think we need the other Harkon. Maybe Abhorash down the road with a Green Knight revamp (play a campaign as the Green Knight, popping up when needed or where needed using an Oxyotl like travel system). Maybe every couple of turns you get a quest marked with 1 of 3 possible candidates to challenge and beat that will either give personal lord or faction affects (in a sense similar to the Warhammer Batmans contracts).

Of course the Duke would be FLC with the inclusion of having The Banshee and The Dark Knight (2 characters from the Undead army book).

Of course these aren't overly thought out ideas but general spit balling. Still a lot that could be done.

EDIT:

Oh ya, bump up some stats for vamps across the board. Even the weakest of vampires tends to be stronger, faster and tougher than even highly skilled and battle hardened humans. They don't have to be the best but in both tabletop and lore vampires were extremely competitive against other factions lord and hero choices, even chaos.
  • Valkaar#2507Valkaar#2507 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,776
    The ONLY way I'd be happy with this idea would be if it came alongside unique mechanics for each faction and actually new/unique units.

But if it's JUST the LL's as the only real content in the pack, then I would exponentially prefer the whole 4 LL format be scrapped and we got back to Twisted and Twilight/Silence and Fury type/quality Lord Packs.
  • Ekix#9944Ekix#9944 Registered Users Posts: 1,992
    Konrad should be a LL, and every other bloodline should have up to 4 legendary lords over time:
    Vlad, Isabella, Manfred, and Konrad would be 4.
    Ushoran, Vorag, Gashnag and Hakana the Hag would be 4.
    Abhorash, Red Duke, Malloubade, Walach Harkon would be 4.
    Neferata, Nitocris, Naaima, Ulrika Magdova would be 4.

I could accept only 3 LL per bloodline plus 1 LH per bloodline in some cases but no, never, just 1 or 2 per bloodline.

new Undead Legion:
    Nagash (unlockable for beating game with Undead Legion)
    The Nameless
    Dieter Helsnicht
    Neferata
    Dread King or Walach Harkon

And also give a quest possibility to other mortachs to access/join some Undead Legion recruiting privileges.

DLCs for VC BLOODLINES:
    /Necrachs:Zacharias, Melkhior, Radu the forsaken /Strigoi:Ushoran, Vorag The Ghoul King, Gashnag The Black Prince, Rametep /Blood Dragon:Red Duke, Abhorash /Lahmia:zNitocris, Ulrika, Naaima

• Commissar_G#7535Commissar_G#7535 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,826
    Valkaar said:

The ONLY way I'd be happy with this idea would be if it came alongside unique mechanics for each faction and actually new/unique units.

But if it's JUST the LL's as the only real content in the pack, then I would exponentially prefer the whole 4 LL format be scrapped and we got back to Twisted and Twilight/Silence and Fury type/quality Lord Packs.

CoC is the lowest quality LP we've had since Queen & Crone. I can't believe people want more of that ****.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • taalisman01taalisman01 Registered Users Posts: 295
    Cortes31 said:

Short summary:

More atmosphere
    Base speed of Vampires should be in the fifties
    Not all units, like Crypt Ghouls for example, should crumble.

4 new LL like CoC
    Neferata
    Walach
    The Everling
    Ushoran or Vorag

LH: Aborash

NO Konrad

To add to the list:

Varghulf
    Mortis Engine
    Black Coach

are all flying units in Warhammer and should also be treated as such in this game.
  • OdTengri#8235OdTengri#8235 Registered Users Posts: 10,214

Cortes31 said:

Short summary:

More atmosphere

4 new LL like CoC
    Neferata
    Walach
    The Everling
    Ushoran or Vorag

NO Konrad

To add to the list:

Varghulf
    Mortis Engine
    Black Coach

are all flying units in Warhammer and should also be treated as such in this game.
    Can you point where it says Flying on these Unit profiles for the Varghulf or Mortis Engine?

• Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,219
    The last thing this game needs is DLC worse than CoC. LLs should have their own bespoke and elaborate mechanics and come with unique-looking units.

Also, YES Konrad.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,645
    SerPus said:

ArneSo said:

we

Speak for yourself.
    Nah I speak for the community. Sorry not sorry.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,645

ArneSo said:

SerPus said:

Cortes31 said:

NO Konrad

Absolutely disgusting
    Nah the last thing we need is yet just another Von Carstein.
    why not? Let him be a LH. its not like hes gonna take a spot from someone that way. + CA stated that they want to add more LH
    Pretty sure Arne was saying no to Konrad as a LL, not as a LH.

ArneSo said:

SerPus said:

Cortes31 said:

NO Konrad

Absolutely disgusting
    Nah the last thing we need is yet just another Von Carstein.
    why not? Let him be a LH. its not like hes gonna take a spot from someone that way. + CA stated that they want to add more LH
    Pretty sure Arne was saying no to Konrad as a LL, not as a LH.
    ohh well in that case im 100% on his side
    He would be a fantastic LH tbh.
  • taalisman01taalisman01 Registered Users Posts: 295

OdTengri said:

Cortes31 said:

Short summary:

More atmosphere

4 new LL like CoC
    Neferata
    Walach
    The Everling
    Ushoran or Vorag

NO Konrad

To add to the list:

Varghulf
    Mortis Engine
    Black Coach

Can you point where it says Flying on these Unit profiles for the Varghulf or Mortis Engine?

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-mortis-engine-en.pdf

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-varghulf-en.pdf

also looking at the models, you can easily tell they could fly

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NL/Vampire-Counts-Mortis-Engine

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NL/Flesh-Eater-Court-Varghulf-Courtier

and even the rules you posted on the mortis engine has a picture of the mortis engine flying above the undead army.
  • saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,330
    SerPus said:

MODIDDLY1 said:

Unless you think Counts should be put to the front of the line for every one of those DLC's, either the counts spend years missing bloodlines, or redundant characters like another Von Carstein get put to the very back of the line.

The thing is that we don't know how exactly CA are planning to add new VC(or any other) characters. There might be 4 LL DLC for them, or maybe they will get a couple of LPs and FLCs.
    And while I don't consider a literal Vampire Count character from the Vampire Counts army book redundant, but I don't mind the back of the line thing as long as there is a line.
    Realistically i don't think there is a line of dlc .

As of right now i can most likely see a single dlc for all the old world races

And such compared to other character which are more popular konrad is most likely fuked.

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• SerPus#7395SerPus#7395 Registered Users Posts: 9,692
    saweendra said:

And such compared to other character which are more popular konrad is most likely fuked.

Popular?
    SerPus said:

saweendra said:

Popular?
    Neferata is probably the single most requested LL in the community and incredibly popular.

Zacharias is also highly requested by us, the community.

In General we, the community want more Bloodline LLs. The last thing we, the community want is more Von Carsteins.

That being said, Konrad would add absolutely nothing as a LL.
  • Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 15,854
    ArneSo said:

SerPus said:

saweendra said:

Popular?
    Neferata is probably the single most requested LL in the community and incredibly popular.

In General we, the community want more Bloodline LLs. The last thing we, the community want is more Von Carsteins.

I don't think Zacharias is as requested as you think, maybe it is on this forum but on Reddit I've seen little requests for him. The most requested one over there are probably Neffy, Ushoran and Konrad.
    Neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

SerPus said:

saweendra said:

Popular?

I don't think Zacharias is as requested as you think, maybe it is on this forum but on Reddit I've seen little requests for him. The most requested one over there are probably Neffy, Ushoran and Konrad.
    Nah he’s clearly number 2 on all boards.

Ushoran? Popular? Naaaah. Most people don’t even want him at all and prefer Vorag as the Strigoi representative.
  • Tyrant#1234Tyrant#1234 Registered Users Posts: 4,027
    SerPus said:

Cortes31 said:

NO Konrad

Absolutely disgusting
    Yeah if they could res Vlad and time jumped Repanse they can res Conrad.
    1234 I declare a thumb war! 5678 I use this hand to mass-debate!
  • xBlood_Raven#5120xBlood_Raven#5120 Registered Users Posts: 966
    Had this posted on reddit. I agree with it in terms of LLs and units (need unique mechanics for each character though, I'm not missing that as there are some really good opportunities for campaign mechanics). For me, I would go:

Blood Dragons-I'm open to Abhorash being LH and Walach as the LL. As long as both make it as it always annoyed me that Abhorash had nothing on the TT despite his legendary status.

Lahmian-Neferata 100%, no one else could take it.

Necrarch-I would go for all of them (or W’soran/Melkhior the Ancient/Zacharias the Everliving). I say this as W'soran is hinted to have body jumped into Melkhior and Zacharias. To make it simple, for gameplay mechanics and lore, you can choose which of the three you are. Give each one unique attributes and gameplay style and you basically get three unique playthroughs with the same character (or three!).

Strigoi-I would pick Ushoran as I would prefer the head of the Bloodline. The novel also gives him wings so that would be quite unique among Vampire LLs as well.

Von Carstein-Not really needed but if Konrad could make it, why not. Completion for completion sake (he's crazy too so could start anywhere on the map).

There are unique units that each Bloodline has in the lore and TT so plenty for CA to choose from.
    Abmong said:

SerPus said:

Cortes31 said:

NO Konrad

Absolutely disgusting
    Yeah if they could res Vlad and time jumped Repanse they can res Conrad.
    But why should they?
    ArneSo said:

Neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

SerPus said:

saweendra said:

Popular?

Ushoran? Popular? Naaaah. Most people don’t even want him at all and prefer Vorag as the Strigoi representative.
    Where the **** have you been to think that people don't want Ushoran ?
    Neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

Neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

SerPus said:

saweendra said:

Popular?

Of course some people want him. But most people don’t really care if it’s Vorag or him.
    ArneSo said:

Neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

Neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

SerPus said:

saweendra said:

Popular?

Of course some people want him. But most people don’t really care if it’s Vorag or him.
    Not caring between the two is very different from what you said earlier.
  • LordCommander#3741LordCommander#3741 Registered Users Posts: 3,218
    Simping for Neferata is understandable, but simping for Konrad? That's just sad. He's basically Luthor Harkon that can't sail.

Despite being a complete putz, ' Konrad appointed himself as something of a berserk enforcer for Vlad, executing anyone who displeased the count. This, naturally, also included anyone who displeased Konrad.'It might be fun having him as a LH brute similar to Ghoritch.

It's a beta.