Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Consistent Desync in coop Immortal Empire battle

HundredthousandHundredthousand Registered Users Posts: 28
Getting a consistent desync issue with a 3 player game as Kairos. Tried two players and same issue.

I get into the battle but as soon as the melee line engages each other, I get desync'd immediately.

Can't seem to upload the MP save for some reason either
Post edited by BillyRuffian#6250 on

Comments

• Blor#8386Blor#8386 Registered Users Posts: 11
    Had a similar issue vs Orcs as Vampire Counts in multiplayer also desynced and it seemed to happen when units engaged as well.

Posted report here:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/321994/multi-desync-during-vampire-counts-vs-orcs-battles#latest

• HundredthousandHundredthousand Registered Users Posts: 28
    Blor said:

Had a similar issue vs Orcs as Vampire Counts in multiplayer also desynced and it seemed to happen when units engaged as well.

Posted report here:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/321994/multi-desync-during-vampire-counts-vs-orcs-battles#latest

Was this a battle on the water? We were able to get pass this by essentially having me sit out the battle in the title screen and then continuing after my friends won without me present. We continued on without desyncing (so far)
  • Blor#8386Blor#8386 Registered Users Posts: 11
    edited September 12
    Was this a battle on the water?

No, it wasn't. It happened several times against the same Orc faction (Bonerattlaz), and not vs other Orcs. First battle was a regular battle in the woods, the second one was a Siege in the mountains. We could go through it by just gathering enough force to auto-resolve - but these were battles that could be won easily otherwise. I had the impression it was when a squad of fell bats charged wolf riders... but hard to tell.

We've started a campaign where I play Bonerattlaz to try and reproduce the desync in another setup, in order to see if it's linked to one specific unit or equipment. So far nothing happens, but I'll report here if it does.

We continued on without desyncing (so far)

That's great news, glad you managed to continue your game!
    edited September 15
    I've encountered the same desync bug in another battle (Offensive siege of Flayed Rock)

I can confirm it has something to do with being engaged in melee.

I can order my entire army to stay away and shoot down the entire garrison without connection issues but as soon as even one unit enters melee for more than 5 seconds, the multiplayer game will desync. I can consistently reproduce this every time and it is game/graphic settings agnostic. Where/when it happens is random as far as I can tell as I've manually fought with the same army in other battles around Gnoblar Country for the last 3 turns/5 manual battles without desyncing)
    Started getting desync error again.

This time I can confirm it happens when my unit engages in melee with enemy unit.

Can shoot at enemy all day without desync but as soon as I let one unit fight the enemy in melee, it will desync after 5 seconds.

Hard to tell why or when it happens though other than HOW it's happening.
  • SgtHorseSgtHorse Registered Users Posts: 10
    Ive had the same issue with my 2-player IE campaign, but only with the battles i start as the host. It doesnt seem to matter if its a quest/dragon/siege/standard battle. any melee engagement causes it to crash.
  • MisterpwahMisterpwah Registered Users Posts: 7
    Having the same problem. Playing as beastmen with a friend (slaanesh) and the game desyncs almost every first battle we do every turn.
  • FoggySniper#3800FoggySniper#3800 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Encountering the same issue, fighting against the vampire counts, and as soon as we enter melee combat. 2 player coop IE campaign, turn 136, had to auto-resolve to continue. We tried several times.
  • unrealtairo#5183unrealtairo#5183 Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited November 25

Getting a consistent desync issue with a 3 player game as Kairos. Tried two players and same issue.

I get into the battle but as soon as the melee line engages each other, I get desync'd immediately.

Can't seem to upload the MP save for some reason either

Same for months.

Previously posted about > CA asked for a save and clearly ignored it. Yet IMO it's probably the #1 bug that needs to be fixed for coop ASAP. You can't even freaking play.

2.0 was "ok" but still happened with any battle stat mods unless you saved & reloaded before starting a coop battle.
    The second melee lines clashed, or, arrows hit the enemy, it would de-sync.

2.1 to now it happens no matter what, even vanilla. (Which we pointed out months ago that it wasn't directly related to mods, there is some sort of sync issue between the clients)

Seriously though this needs to be #1. Not a stupid "rare" coop crash related to diplomacy. This is a 100% of the time crash for some people.

For reference we were Avalorn & sisters of twilight.

I'd suspect Denuvo is the cause of the clients not syncing the same data correctly. Vanilla or modded. In either case this has been ignored for MONTHS.
  • BiotyleX#6819BiotyleX#6819 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Has anybody found a fix for said problem yet?

I cannot play with my friends because of the desync problems and id realy like to....
  • DoktorZaius#9958DoktorZaius#9958 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5
    edited December 8
    This may be the co-op desync a redditor just explored in detail.

I encourage anyone interested to check out the post I linked above, but the TLDR was:

"When your computer and your co-op partner's computer disagree about what contact effect (such as poison) a unit applies, you will desync when that unit goes into combat."

Hopefully the Devs investigate this hypothesis and see if it explains some of these co-op desyncs.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file