Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Percentage Heal is Problematic

Yvresse#5852Yvresse#5852 Registered Users Posts: 50
currently the 4 top dogs of multiplayer have been Slaanesh, Vampire Count, Tomb King, Vampire Coast
and 3 of them are undead with access to alot of healing

playing agaisnt undead at the moment is so unfun and the problem can be more or less trace back to healing

percentage heal is supposed to be balancer between unit sizes like ultra and large to keep the experience largely the same

however, this decision led to this unwanted problem:

increadibly strong healing that can outheal crumbling, unit DPS that make them virtually unkillable:
- the bigger the health pool, the stronger the heal because it is % based, make it skewed in favor for undead unit that have big health pool
- coupling with game's transistion into ultra unit size, making the game pace slower due to more model but less model contacting overall -> lowered DPS

another usage of this is
- monster with bigger health pool get an indirect buff because the beefier it is the more heal it get

normally if I have a Moon Dragon and a Star Dragon, healing the Star Dragon would already a better choice
but due to % based heal, healing 20% of a Star Dragon give me way more value than that of a Moon Dragon

despite no different in my play

in conclusion I think that % heal need to go

and to balance between unit sizes we can just use a simple multiplier like 75% in large unit size, 50% in normal unit size etc
Tagged:

Comments

• razenb#1517razenb#1517 Registered Users Posts: 523
    Wrong forum?
  • KamicalKamical Registered Users Posts: 41
    Yvresse said:

currently the 4 top dogs of multiplayer have been Slaanesh, Vampire Count, Tomb King, Vampire Coast
    and 3 of them are undead with access to alot of healing

playing agaisnt undead at the moment is so unfun and the problem can be more or less trace back to healing

percentage heal is supposed to be balancer between unit sizes like ultra and large to keep the experience largely the same

however, this decision led to this unwanted problem:

increadibly strong healing that can outheal crumbling, unit DPS that make them virtually unkillable:
    - the bigger the health pool, the stronger the heal because it is % based, make it skewed in favor for undead unit that have big health pool
    - coupling with game's transistion into ultra unit size, making the game pace slower due to more model but less model contacting overall -> lowered DPS

another usage of this is
    - monster with bigger health pool get an indirect buff because the beefier it is the more heal it get

normally if I have a Moon Dragon and a Star Dragon, healing the Star Dragon would already a better choice
    but due to % based heal, healing 20% of a Star Dragon give me way more value than that of a Moon Dragon

despite no different in my play

in conclusion I think that % heal need to go

and to balance between unit sizes we can just use a simple multiplier like 75% in large unit size, 50% in normal unit size etc

You have access to a lot of fire, please use it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file