Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

How do population bonus scale?

safes007#9599safes007#9599 Registered Users Posts: 2
Hi,

New to three kingdoms and (unless I'm missing something obvious) I can't find information on how the bonuses that come from high population scale. I.e. if I increase my population by 1 million, how much would the bonus to income increase?

The tooltip states the max bonus (I assume) but without knowing the max population of a province or whether bonuses scale linearly this information isn't very helpful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Comments

• united84#8186united84#8186 Registered Users Posts: 1,141
    Everything you need to know is on the tooltip. With reference to the screenshot below:

The city is level 7.
    - Max population cap 2.5 million
    - If you reach 2.5 million, you get modifiers such as bonus of 75% of all sources of income and more. I think this should scale based on your current population, if you havent reach max, you might be lower than 75% but 75% is the maximum modifier for a level 7 city.
    - A level 8 city would increase the max population cap and hence also increase the cap of the modifier. For instance, lvl 7 city max bonus of all income is 75%. A level 8 city would increase that cap further. A lvl 10 city is the max lvl meaning the max cap of the modifier is also at 200%.

If you want to know about how much a level 8 city would benefit your economy or gameplay, you might need to experiment on this. Tooltip will not show "What if", only current stats.

• safes007#9599safes007#9599 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Thanks,

I wish there was a way to know what the bonus was before you hit the cap for a particular city or what the pop bonus for upgrading a particular city would provide. It makes the population increase buildings kinda useless if you don't know how to use them :(

• Vin362#6699Vin362#6699 Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    Population growth buildings are a big help in the north west near Ma Teng or the south where there is a lot of unoccupied land with little population, or counter any negative growth you may have.
    Supporter of Shu-Han, I wish Total War Three Kingdoms had a Three Kingdoms start date, rider of Kislev, admiral of The Awakened and Elector Count of Shu-Han
  • bli-nk#6314bli-nk#6314 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,959
    edited November 29
    Base pop growth is high enough in the game that building any +pop buildings is very sub-optimal in nearly all cases since there is also migration.

Food is the main constraint but can be nearly ocmpletely ignored with the right reforms and a couple of farming provinces but in the early/mid game before you get to those reforms and can get a couple of full farming provinces you'll find yourself trading for food to feed cities which keep growing fast for most factions.

There are 3-4 factions which have plentiful food and can sell it for money early and play tall by building up a couple cities to 10 quite fast and 2 factions which have both food and money pretty easily.

Once you get food sorted out, then anti-corruption buildings and reforms far outperform bonus income from population.
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society.” Mark Twain