Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA should add Pygmies

PygmiesChieftain55#2236PygmiesChieftain55#2236 Registered Users Posts: 1
edited September 24 in General Discussion
Pygmies should definitely be add, i know they are controversial, but what games workshop and CA can do is to remake them, so they remove all controversial things about them, and add them. They would add a lot of flavor to the game.
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• goremandgoremand Registered Users Posts: 182
    They are already in the game actually, CA just replaced all the controversial stuff such as their entire appearance, their geographical location and their name.
  • DarthEnderX-#6513DarthEnderX-#6513 Registered Users Posts: 4,727
    Island Halflings!
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • Haze64#2793Haze64#2793 Registered Users Posts: 636
    GW and CA will never ever touch Pygmies even with a kilometre-long stick.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,608
    CA and GW should just forget that these racist stereotypes ever existed.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 15,846
    If they entirely revamp them from scratch to have non racist stereotypes then sure, I'd be in favour for it but the current pygmies should be forgotten forever.
  • Heretical_Cactus#7598Heretical_Cactus#7598 Registered Users Posts: 2,965
    They were a tasteless part of the lore.

They aren't needed as how they were. And if they are to be remade, CA and GW should be very careful

Better to leave the grenade alone rather than play with it
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,112
    Hahaha.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 11,223
    GW won't ever touch the Pygmies for the simple reason that they would have to acknowledge that they existed first.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • BorgerBoar#2786BorgerBoar#2786 Registered Users Posts: 226
    I would love to see factions add characters and units of colour, but this is not the solution.

You know what one of the solutions is? Dogs of War. The perfect opportunity to add units OF ALL KINDS.
  • MisterSquid#9555MisterSquid#9555 Florida, USARegistered Users Posts: 2,137
    Removing all controversial material from the pygmies would be equivalent to just removing the pygmies.
    Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

Let Slip the Dogs of War - A fanmade Campaign Pack concept
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/303462/let-loose-the-dogs-of-war-a-fanmade-campaign-pack-concept
  • MODIDDLY1#9212MODIDDLY1#9212 Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    Yeah about the pygmies... here are races by likelihood

All but guaranteed- Chaos Dwarfs
    Very likely- DoW, Nagash
    Possible- Khuresh, Ind, Kurgans, Hobgoblins
    Unlikely- Nippon, Albion, Amazons
    Not coming- Araby, Halflings, Fishmen
    Pygmies- Pygmies
  • Lunaticprince#9972Lunaticprince#9972 Registered Users Posts: 6,837
    Instead doing pygmies

just do a race afrika inspiered

without acknoweldge them

• GBone#4408GBone#4408 Registered Users Posts: 1,425
    Gosh, a brand new forumite with controversial opinions? Well I never!
  • ShermanSherman Member Registered Users Posts: 954

I unironically agree, they need only to change the design of them. Racism discussion aside, they are too much ultra-old hammer to feel cool.
  • HornyKhornsHorns#2880HornyKhornsHorns#2880 Member Registered Users Posts: 242

Pygmies should definitely be add, i know they are controversial, but what games workshop and CA can do is to remake them, so they remove all controversial things about them, and add them. They would add a lot of flavor to the game.

Dude,they give females flat breasts to avoid being controversial, do you think they add black humans with red lips?
  • Rheingold#6691Rheingold#6691 Registered Users Posts: 1,561
    Nope, never, not a sausage.
  • DrJammatDrJammat Registered Users Posts: 499
    Can I, also, have lots of disagrees?

Dude,they give females flat breasts to avoid being controversial, do you think they add black humans with red lips?
    And then you wonder why your post gets closed?
    - Anonymous
  • sandercohensandercohen Registered Users Posts: 525
    As a subfaction of a major one maybe, I would be down to adding halflings to Empire as well. In a game filled with stereotypes or caricatures I don't really see the problem. But what they shouldn't be is a race of their own, that would be downright ridiculous and more something for the modding community.
  • saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,312
    People think for a second the name pygmy is basically tied to racial stereotypes which is honestly beyond redemption

And can not be copy written probably the only part GW care about.

I am 100% on board with a African culture coming for wh fantasy i think its long pver due.

There are plenty of material to work form in African cultures from south to north to central .

But it can not be called pygmy for the sake of the setting to shed its racial slurs.

And well for Gw so they can copy write it.

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• Reeks#2417Reeks#2417 Registered Users Posts: 10,251
    They are in the game

They are called beard-things yes-yes...

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

#JusticeForNurglingForumAvatars
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,608
    edited September 23
    saweendra said:

People think for a second the name pygmy is basically tied to racial stereotypes which is honestly beyond redemption

And can not be copy written probably the only part GW care about.

I am 100% on board with a African culture coming for wh fantasy i think its long pver due.

There are plenty of material to work form in African cultures from south to north to central .

But it can not be called pygmy for the sake of the setting to shed its racial slurs.

And well for Gw so they can copy write it.

A Wakanda like Race combining Old One tech with Kushitian, Nubian and Zulu aesthetics would be absolutely amazing.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • Bayes#3307Bayes#3307 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,015
    I agree, if they also rework their name.
  • Mogwai_Man#4978Mogwai_Man#4978 Registered Users Posts: 6,059
  • Nyxilis#3646Nyxilis#3646 Registered Users Posts: 7,650
    I just feel like this is a certain someone just dodging their ban, they had a particular obsession with bringing up this particular one.
    edited September 23
    Nyxilis said:

I just feel like this is a certain someone just dodging their ban, they had a particular obsession with bringing up this particular one.

The only one I can think of is Equix, was he banned? He has been weirdly quite.
    - Anonymous
  • WhySoSalty#3990WhySoSalty#3990 Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    freshly made account and his first post is this dumb ****. not a troll at all
    My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperial, can you say the same?

• Nyxilis#3646Nyxilis#3646 Registered Users Posts: 7,650

Nyxilis said:

The only one I can think of is Equix, was he banned? He has been weirdly quite.
    Pretty certain they got a temp ban, but may have run its course at this point.
  • DarthEnderX-#6513DarthEnderX-#6513 Registered Users Posts: 4,727
    edited September 23

A Wakanda like Race combining Old One tech with Kushitian, Nubian and Zulu aesthetics would be absolutely amazing.

Rad.

That said, if we ended up getting a NEW race of Southlands humans instead of Araby, I'd be pretty ****ed off.
    Post edited by DarthEnderX-#6513 on
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • LordCommander#3741LordCommander#3741 Registered Users Posts: 3,218
    Ok guy that joined today.
    It's a beta.
This discussion has been closed.