Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Whats up with ambushing?

overtaker40#8926overtaker40#8926 Registered Users Posts: 1,144
Every time i ambush the enemy they get the escape point. I have not yet got the escape point when im the one ambushed.

and just now when i ambushed and defeated a lizardmen army they were not wiped out when the were defeated. None escaped?

Is ambushign working for you guys?
I like all the races. Equally. Wood elves are just the first among equals.

Comments

• empirefemboy#6923empirefemboy#6923 Registered Users Posts: 62
    I have got the escape point so it's working for me.

Afaik you only wipe the ambushed army if they are in march stance and win the battle. This happens with land battles too.
  • BaronRodney#9956BaronRodney#9956 Registered Users Posts: 1,289
    The escape point does seem pointless. I was wondering if its a bug myself.

The AI doesnt get any units to the escape point yet they all survive after a battle.

You get to the escape point (if its your second fight that round) and you get wiped out.

I like the idea of an escape point but if the pre existing rules counteract it there doesnt seem much point in it at the minute.
  • overtaker40#8926overtaker40#8926 Registered Users Posts: 1,144

I have got the escape point so it's working for me.

Afaik you only wipe the ambushed army if they are in march stance and win the battle. This happens with land battles too.

I thought the whole point was if you lost a battle you were ambushed in the whole army was wiped out? otherwise isnt the escape point pointless? Loosing in march and getting wiped out has alwasys been a thing.
  • Aic#3164Aic#3164 Registered Users Posts: 270
    You still loose the battle if ypu use the escape point. So the army is wiped out if in march stanse or have alreadu retreated once.
  • BaronRodney#9956BaronRodney#9956 Registered Users Posts: 1,289
    Aic#3164 said:

You still loose the battle if ypu use the escape point. So the army is wiped out if in march stanse or have alreadu retreated once.

The problem is that the enemy doesn't manage to make it to the escape point but still survives the fight in a lot of cases in my campaigns. Which makes me wonder in what situation does the escape point actually work?
  • drogarito#2548drogarito#2548 Registered Users Posts: 1,773
    If you are playing caravan battles as Cathay, you don't get them.
    There should be 2 escape points and they should be visible on the map for both sides. There is some uphill snowy map where dwarfs are supposed to run uphill to get to the escape point. I was skaven in that fight, attacking dwarfs..Guess what happens when you are shooting at dwarfs from a cliff that's unreachable to the defender xD
  • overtaker40#8926overtaker40#8926 Registered Users Posts: 1,144

That's a bug right? I reported this back during release.

Aic#3164 said:

The problem is that the enemy doesn't manage to make it to the escape point but still survives the fight in a lot of cases in my campaigns. Which makes me wonder in what situation does the escape point actually work?
    The thing I want to be clear on: ambushed army is not in March but losses the battle and none of their units escape. Are they supposed to be wiped out?
  • Leping#7906Leping#7906 Registered Users Posts: 621

The thing I want to be clear on: ambushed army is not in March but losses the battle and none of their units escape. Are they supposed to be wiped out?

Yeah ambush in warhammer II : wiped out in any case

Don't know the rules in 3 yet

That's a bug right? I reported this back during release.
    Not really. It is supposed to be like that but it seems that the game does not tell you that you cannot retreat in caravan battles. It's similar to underground battles, no retreat
  • 1v0#35621v0#3562 Registered Users Posts: 2,333
    I think the escape point it map specific - what i mean is = CA forgot to put escape points in some maps...

I had a few ambush battles where I had escape points but also 1 that didn't have an escape point. So it's most likely Map specific (If CA put an escape point on the map or not).
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • Itharus#3127Itharus#3127 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,410
    There's an escape point? Is that what that thingy is? Noticed a marker when I started playing WH3... had absolutely 0 idea wtf it was for.

1) Why would you escape? Those fools are just where you want them and now you can attack from any direction!

2) What do you need to get there to actually escape? Also... won't they just attack you again after the battle when you're now out of movement points and can't retreat anyway? Seems pointless.