Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Tomb king ally query

Playing as Manfed and allied with Arkhan. Was looking forward to some tomb scorpions to back up my zombies but the recruitment screen is telling me that I don't have enough of the the correct recruitment buildings. I feel like this must be a bug but I'm not sure. Does my ally need to have spare capacity for me to be able to recruit their useful stuff?

Comments

• empirefemboy#6923empirefemboy#6923 Registered Users Posts: 62
    Well, technically you don't have the building to build tomb scorpions so you capacity is 0. I don't think is a bug but is something that should be changed.
  • Ben1990#8909Ben1990#8909 Registered Users Posts: 3,055
    Sadly that's how it's constructed which sucks. Go download a mod that allows TK outposts to provide you with TK units other than Skeletons.
  • overtly_cynical#2834overtly_cynical#2834 Registered Users Posts: 14
    Ok, definitely something that needs to be changed then. As much as I appreciate that mods can soften rough edges, I don't think that mods should be needed to make headline features for the new game like allied recruitment work.

I can see they might decide to restrict construct recruitment - if the tomb king ally only has capacity for 2 scorpions, I'm not sure its reasonable for all of my armies to be able to recruit 4 each.
  • Ben1990#8909Ben1990#8909 Registered Users Posts: 3,055

Ok, definitely something that needs to be changed then. As much as I appreciate that mods can soften rough edges, I don't think that mods should be needed to make headline features for the new game like allied recruitment work.

I can see they might decide to restrict construct recruitment - if the tomb king ally only has capacity for 2 scorpions, I'm not sure its reasonable for all of my armies to be able to recruit 4 each.

I would go with that the Outpost should mirror the structures in a TK settlement. You build your outpost and you can recruit as many of the more advanced units you usually get when playing as TKs. That should be it.
  • overtly_cynical#2834overtly_cynical#2834 Registered Users Posts: 14

I would go with that the Outpost should mirror the structures in a TK settlement. You build your outpost and you can recruit as many of the more advanced units you usually get when playing as TKs. That should be it.

Agreed, simplest option. Hopefully not too complicated to be squeezed into the next patch.
  • Itharus#3127Itharus#3127 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,486
    Unintended side effect, probably.

Although honestly... some units would never be put in the care of allies if you think about it. Dragons. Steam Tanks. The statuary of Nehekhara, etc, etc... Some things are too precious, or wouldn't be cared for properly. Hellstorm rocket batteries everywhere is also a bit silly. Gunpowder is supposed to be a well guarded secret known only to a few places.

I kind of like that you can't get them. It should probably be expanded to other races... but won't... because it's probably just the result of the oddity of needing buildings for a cap.