Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

can any one give me some ideas to how to wood elf on kislev bit stumped on this Match up

saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,292
specially how to build craft about it

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

Comments

• Sarmatianns#6760Sarmatianns#6760 Registered Users Posts: 4,925
    That is a hard matchup for sure...

Kislev cavalry is very good and very fast. You can't use typical Wood Elf tactic of routing enemy units quickly because of By Our Blood, and Armoured Kossar frontline is a pain.

I don't think WE stand a chance in a fair encounter.

It the map allows it, using forests for cover while you approach with something hard hitting like Wardancers from the flanks might work.

I've faced very few Kislev opponents to have a good awareness of this particular matchup, but based on limited experience, you need to pull something unexpected to win.

You do outrange them, so maybe a well executed skirmish army could work, although little grom will be a pain to deal with.
  • saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,292

That is a hard matchup for sure...

Kislev cavalry is very good and very fast. You can't use typical Wood Elf tactic of routing enemy units quickly because of By Our Blood, and Armoured Kossar frontline is a pain.

I don't think WE stand a chance in a fair encounter.

It the map allows it, using forests for cover while you approach with something hard hitting like Wardancers from the flanks might work.

I've faced very few Kislev opponents to have a good awareness of this particular matchup, but based on limited experience, you need to pull something unexpected to win.

You do outrange them, so maybe a well executed skirmish army could work, although little grom will be a pain to deal with.

Tried that just doesn't work honestly every thing there kind of has a silver sheild and a range weapon the whole out range part doesn't work

I am honestly stumped on how to play this match up.

Even hawk spam doesn't really work.

I actually tried using war dancers as well but they don't go through armored kossars fast enough and well by our blood and than just get chipped down.

I will try the tree apporach may be even a tree blob see how that goes

• #210289#210289 Registered Users Posts: 167
    Seems to be pretty Kislev favored.

Winged lancers trade up into wood elf cav while being just as fast.

Dervishes brutally shut down archer lines.

Lords like Kostaltyn can't be sniped out, and KS lords are hard to snipe out in general.

And armored kossar shields are just very difficult to take down.

KS doesn't have any easy answers for Tree Kin though aside 1800g warbears (though expect those to be taken), strelsi are useless against anythng else, and Little grom needs two cannonballs per tree.

Could try that and dryads.

Trying to win off mass archers or skirmishers seems like a recipe to get killed by superior light cavalry and and infantry that has a potential 70% block chance.
  • Pocman#6295Pocman#6295 Registered Users Posts: 5,752

Seems to be pretty Kislev favored.

Winged lancers trade up into wood elf cav while being just as fast.

Dervishes brutally shut down archer lines.

Lords like Kostaltyn can't be sniped out, and KS lords are hard to snipe out in general.

And armored kossar shields are just very difficult to take down.

KS doesn't have any easy answers for Tree Kin though aside 1800g warbears (though expect those to be taken), strelsi are useless against anythng else, and Little grom needs two cannonballs per tree.

Could try that and dryads.

Trying to win off mass archers or skirmishers seems like a recipe to get killed by superior light cavalry and and infantry that has a potential 70% block chance.

Dryadas still have like 5 ap. They are useless against anything with more than 30 armor.

• glosskilosglosskilos Registered Users Posts: 1,546
    Kislev cav needs a speed nerf, and by our blood needs a nerf too
  • DaBoyzAreBackInTown#9604DaBoyzAreBackInTown#9604 Registered Users Posts: 1,377

I've had pretty good success with this. Use Loec's blessing/terrain to hide bladesingers and zoats on approach, then use the Zoat's bounds to either make Zoats trade really well into Kislev heavy cav or Bladesingers take no damage in melee. Heal as appropriate.

I normally bring in Lost Sylvan's as first summon, keep them bouncing around and hit as many rear charges as possible to trigger by our blood. Wardancers come out in the mid-late game to control/hold points (use the MD stance where appropriate) and then the withering on spellsinger can help them trade well. Treekin are also just to hold and be a pain for Kislev cav.
  • saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,292

I've had pretty good success with this. Use Loec's blessing/terrain to hide bladesingers and zoats on approach, then use the Zoat's bounds to either make Zoats trade really well into Kislev heavy cav or Bladesingers take no damage in melee. Heal as appropriate.

I normally bring in Lost Sylvan's as first summon, keep them bouncing around and hit as many rear charges as possible to trigger by our blood. Wardancers come out in the mid-late game to control/hold points (use the MD stance where appropriate) and then the withering on spellsinger can help them trade well. Treekin are also just to hold and be a pain for Kislev cav.

Don't play dom.
    So technically not useful for me.

But thanks none the less

• MrMecHMrMecH Registered Users Posts: 2,415
    Did you try pure rush build?

Sisters of Twilight
    4-5 Eternal Guard (Shield)
    2-3 Bladesinger
    1-2 Stag Knight, RoR Stag Knight is great because Kislev lack of Magical Attack.
    Glade Rider Spear
    2-3 Glade Rider (Spear)
    1-2 Treeman for bullet decoy
    1 Spellsinger (Life)
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• #210289#210289 Registered Users Posts: 167
    Wouldn't recommend RoR stag knights. They'll get killed by the RoR Warbears (Which do have magical attack and are brought explicitly to deal with treemen.)
  • Sarmatianns#6760Sarmatianns#6760 Registered Users Posts: 4,925
    I've had some success with a more skirmish oriented build, 3 waywatchers and sisters on an eagle (or dragon if you want the extra punch).

Sisters can bring pain on armoured characters and Grom long term, while you use WW to snipe out cav and other key targets.

Then you use dryads, eg and cav to mop up the rest
  • BovineKingBovineKing Registered Users Posts: 962
    I’m actually sorta convinced Kislev was designed around being a fairly hard counter typical elf faction style of play way before they thought about dominion.

From a land battle perspective they have all the tools for it.
  • tballs09tballs09 Registered Users Posts: 50
    Lots of shielded eternal guard, bladesingers, and stag kights. I'd say I beat Kislev 70% as WE. Dwellers below + earth blood too, basic archer lord on top.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file